Team we're fewer but still good!

Yes, they are coming right up and some nice names in there. Here's the OP

I am not sure about the livestream, I believe after the event, the videos may show up archived on their Fed channel.

And while we're here, French, German and Four Nationals are up this week as well, so lots of things happening at the same time. All in the same thread.

A nice interview with Misha Ge. 

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2017/12/13/misha-ge-all-i-know-as-a-coach-and-choreographer-is-from-my-parents/

VB: As a skater who is known by the artistic merits of your programs, what do you think of the current state of judging of the “artistic” components?

MG: I am not ready to express my opinion yet. I believe thousands of experts, coaches, judges and even spectators have to express their opinions in order to decide which direction to take.  I do know that a program has to be balanced and maybe it means that skaters have to be judged for the whole program, and not separately for technical and artistic aspects of it.

I agree with this, and it's good to hear it from someone like him who is not at the top when it comes to technique but is very good at the artistic side of skating.

35 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I thought he still had a chance to go to Olys? Doesn't he want to?

He lost to Paul Fentz at Nationals last weekend and Fentz was selected to the Olympic Team. Germany has two spots for Europeans, so both Peter and Paul will be there but it will be Peter's last competition in his career. 

52 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

He lost to Paul Fentz at Nationals last weekend and Fentz was selected to the Olympic Team. Germany has two spots for Europeans, so both Peter and Paul will be there but it will be Peter's last competition in his career. 

Ah, sorry, I think it was discussed. Somehow I just assumed it'd get decided after euros or something.

41 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Ah, sorry, I think it was discussed. Somehow I just assumed it'd get decided after euros or something.

I thought they would announce it in January, because DEU will nominate the selected skaters to the German Olympic Committee in mid-January, but I think the approval of the committee is just formal.