Team we're fewer but still good!

9 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I only saw that they didn't file the papers before the deadline, so it's just ... ludicrous tbh. And yes, probably. 
Who knows, they might yet manage to do something as I am sure the IOC really wants them there but I'm not holding my breath. It's such a shame as they're a fantastic pair, and just guuuuuh. To train so hard, get that spot against all odds and then ... :13877886:

It's the Olympics. There's no possible way they would have forgotten, so it's probably the regime as a whole forbidding them to go (iirc NK didn't let its other winter sports team go to Olys qualifying events) : / 

54 minutes ago, kaerb said:

It's the Olympics. There's no possible way they would have forgotten, so it's probably the regime as a whole forbidding them to go (iirc NK didn't let its other winter sports team go to Olys qualifying events) : / 

If they don't want the NK pairs to go to the Olympics, then a wild card by IOC wouldn't help them either. It's just sad, they are very good skaters, who trained hard to get the spot for the Olympic Games. :sad4:

59 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

If they don't want the NK pairs to go to the Olympics, then a wild card by IOC wouldn't help them either. It's just sad, they are very good skaters, who trained hard to get the spot for the Olympic Games. :sad4:

Yeah, although the article on them I read said the IOC do have an interest in letting them go in the interests of promoting peace through sport so if there is a wildcard for them to offer, I hope they would give it to them. Such a shame but they would have little say in it all, I guess it's already miraculous they're allowed to go internationally to regular skating events ): 

From Absolute Skating's Skate America Day 3 report:

Daniel Samohin was chilling on a couch a bit further in the place, so my friends and I then walked over to him as we didn’t want to leave him out and ended up talking to him for a long while. He said I can let you all know he is doing well. He had his arm in a sling and his shoulder is doing ok. He has a pulled muscle in his arm but no major damage, which we were relieved to hear. He’s off from jumping for a couple weeks so he will take the time to work on skating skills.

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=reports&id=2017skateamerica-day3-2

Ivett skated for the first time in the season today, her SP is an AC/DC medley. :eeking: She said they chose this music to recall the judges of their younger years :rofl:I'm not sure if it will work, we'll see. :biggrin:

She also said that she still feels pain in her leg :13877886:, but she's optimistic and confident that she can be in top form in the second half of the season. She fell on her opening 3T-3T and the 3Lz was UR and two-footed.

I hope she can skate well tomorrow, good luck to her!