Jump to content

Recommended Posts

You even plan to wear the watch he designed? If I managed to buy one, it will be sitting in a glass box as an ornament on my shelve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the topic of watches.....when Yuzu said he liked a thinner/lighter watch I was curious to see if he actually has worn a watch at all, so I went back through a few old videos and screencapped this one from the 2014 edition of 24HTV. (Thank you uploader panda_wei.) He wore it just prior to Sochi, and also later in the spring/summer when he returned to Japan to do the show. Spoiler cut for big image.

 

Spoiler

Vk3hQIh.png

 

It's plain black, looks like a silicone/plastic strap, with a shiny red face. (MASQUERAAAAAAAAAADE) It could be something like the Swatch Sir Red, which was released around that time and has the same shiny look radiating from the middle of the watch face. So we know a little something about a younger Yuzu's personal taste in watches: a fairly sleek look, not small but not massive (it looks biggish on his small wrist which means it's a medium size), a bit of fun with a coloured face. Good for a sporty nineteen year old boy. It was the same with the watch he helped design with Lotte and Casio, a pop of blue around the face on an otherwise solid body. I expect some colour on whatever he does with Citizen. :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OT.
 

On the eve of ACI, and assuming Yuzuru will recycle Origin, I honestly think that the only thing which will help Origin interpretation score is a squeaky clean perfect skate, and Yuzuru calling the inner power of the universe to be projected to the judges and the rest of audience.

Here is the problem. Without understanding the background of Shae-lynn's choreography, it is difficult to get into it. Especially since it will be compared to Plushenko's Nijinsky which is a legendary performance (and no matter what we hope, comparison cannot be avoided).

Now, understanding the concept of Origin, creates a new expectation of the performance, because it is supposed to represent a God-like creature. And what would you expect of something God-like? Won't it be perfection? Something powerful? Quadruple Axel (lol)?

IF, Yuzuru recycle Origin, I don't know what kind of mindset he will have now. Reflecting 2018, he started his season very well and in a very good mindset. His programs were developing with each competition, but the injury was such such such a setback. His body language during World 2019, for me, was not good, I felt he lost steams during World 2019. Lots of it relates to competition stamina, he just did not have that at that time: unlike Seimei, he has not develop Origin to perfection, and his body was just not used to performing it, so the situation can't be compared to Olympic. Nevertheless, I still feel that Yuzuru can do it, a great Origin program..

Anyway, I really hope he is coming to the new season with a better health and mindset. Otonal? Yuzuru has perfected it in Rostelecom 2018 , so hopefully, there will be new SP this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

On the other hand, if he designs a watch that's unwearable for me, I'd save a ton of money.

Gosh yes, not many of us would be able to afford those he has been modelling! Maybe he can design one for the less-expensive end of the market too (please Yuzu??!).....so far that’s big, small, kids, luxury, accessible-to-the-less-affluent-maybe he’ll just have to start up his own watch business!! :xD: Any more orders??!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fyere0 said:

(MASQUERAAAAAAAAAADE)

 

I liked the comment just because of this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fyere0 said:

On the topic of watches.....when Yuzu said he liked a thinner/lighter watch I was curious to see if he actually has worn a watch at all, so I went back through a few old videos and screencapped this one from the 2014 edition of 24HTV. (Thank you uploader panda_wei.) He wore it just prior to Sochi, and also later in the spring/summer when he returned to Japan to do the show. Spoiler cut for big image.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Vk3hQIh.png

 

It's plain black, looks like a silicone/plastic strap, with a shiny red face. (MASQUERAAAAAAAAAADE) It could be something like the Swatch Sir Red, which was released around that time and has the same shiny look radiating from the middle of the watch face. So we know a little something about a younger Yuzu's personal taste in watches: a fairly sleek look, not small but not massive (it looks biggish on his small wrist which means it's a medium size), a bit of fun with a coloured face. Good for a sporty nineteen year old boy. It was the same with the watch he helped design with Lotte and Casio, a pop of blue around the face on an otherwise solid body. I expect some colour on whatever he does with Citizen. :)  

I think I’d die of happiness if he chose masquerade 😻 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 часа назад, andchipzz сказал:

Here is the problem. Without understanding the background of Shae-lynn's choreography, it is difficult to get into it.

I don't completely agree with this. All that God-like concept it's what Shae-Lynn sees in the program and Yuzu himself can think of other things. I don't think you need to know the background to get into the program if choreography matches the music and that's Yuzu's case clearly. The only thing he needs is tons of stamina cuz FS is very demanding and also big jumps, at least 4Lz, cuz we know for what judges give out PCS nowdays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I don't completely agree with this. All that God-like concept it's what Shae-Lynn sees in the program and Yuzu himself can think of other things. I don't think you need to know the background to get into the program if choreography matches the music and that's Yuzu's case clearly. The only thing he needs is tons of stamina cuz FS is very demanding and also big jumps, at least 4Lz, cuz we know for what judges give out PCS nowdays.


From judge POV especially, since they are people who have been watching figure skating for a long time too, and following the history too, they will compare it especially to Plushenko's, which everyone know is a legendary performance. And choreography matching the music is just one step, to be able to influence the judges, the choreography needs to have something, a kind of confidence and inner energy.  And it must be supported by good stamina and health to perform well. If Yuzu wants to win with Origin, what he needs to convince is the judges, and knowing the judges, he must make it so, that the judges will not have any reason not to give all to him. Don't forget, that some of Yuzu's perfect 3As and quad jumps got very low GOE just because, so as unfortunate as the situation is, the big jump won't be enough for him. He will always be put on a different standard by the judges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read so often that Yuzu has perfected Otonal at COR... I don't know... I just cannot agree with this... :68811363: Sure, it was a very strong performance and 110 is a huge score. Other skaters would kill to have a SP like that.

However, according to Yuzu-standards it was not perfect. He said himself that the combo was a bit shaky and the first half of the choreo is improvable, too imo. I don't say that it must be recycled, but it feels wrong for me to say that it's been perfected already. In that sense you can say that LGC has been perfected at GPF16, too, despite the shaky 4Lo... well, no, it hasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well according to Yuzuru everything is rarely perfect:happy0007:but I feel he has more of a final battle with Origin then with Otonal (also gong=4A) but as usual it's Yuzuru :we just have to wait(and not for long now).

 

And even if judges sometimes are a bunch of barbarians(just look at H&L score) I like to hope they know Origin is a tribute but not a copy ,also Yuzuru could really skate to Rasputin and sell it like hot cakes !

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is this? Mentioning the russian love machine so it will play at the back of my mind all day again? :hihi:

 

I think Origin will be majestic if he can perform it as well as H&L and Seimei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I read so often that Yuzu has perfected Otonal at COR... I don't know... I just cannot agree with this... :68811363: Sure, it was a very strong performance and 110 is a huge score. Other skaters would kill to have a SP like that.

However, according to Yuzu-standards it was not perfect. He said himself that the combo was a bit shaky and the first half of the choreo is improvable, too imo. I don't say that it must be recycled, but it feels wrong for me to say that it's been perfected already. In that sense you can say that LGC has been perfected at GPF16, too, despite the shaky 4Lo... well, no, it hasn't.

 

Well, I agree that there can be some improvement done to Otonal, but it is already a World Record performance (unbroken). In a sense that for now, I hope he lets Otonal be, since it is a tribute program. It is already as good as it needs to be IMO. I dunno, it is up to him in the end, but strategically speaking, it is better to create a legendary signature performance that is purely his. Something that someone else can make a tribute of. 

 

48 minutes ago, Indiiea said:

What is this? Mentioning the russian love machine so it will play at the back of my mind all day again? :hihi:

 

I think Origin will be majestic if he can perform it as well as H&L and Seimei.

 

52 minutes ago, mercedes said:

Well according to Yuzuru everything is rarely perfect:happy0007:but I feel he has more of a final battle with Origin then with Otonal (also gong=4A) but as usual it's Yuzuru :we just have to wait(and not for long now).

 

And even if judges sometimes are a bunch of barbarians(just look at H&L score) I like to hope they know Origin is a tribute but not a copy ,also Yuzuru could really skate to Rasputin and sell it like hot cakes !


What kind of foot twisting skating program will Rasputin be?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 час назад, andchipzz сказал:

Don't forget, that some of Yuzu's perfect 3As and quad jumps got very low GOE just because, so as unfortunate as the situation is, the big jump won't be enough for him. He will always be put on a different standard by the judges.

Of course Yuzu must exceed expectations to have fair scores  just because, I mean that for high PCS the main trend now is that it goes with high TES and more or less mistakes free performance, great interpretation and SS itself will not give him high PCS (sad reality). So to be on top he must be complete package, not to give any judge a doubt, which he perfectly knows himself.

1 час назад, Henni147 сказал:

In that sense you can say that LGC has been perfected at GPF16, too, despite the shaky 4Lo... well, no, it hasn't.

For me it was, he was so cheeky after that saved 4Lo))) same with Otonal, maybe it can be cleaner but the mood and feeling at CoR was perfect. But this is of course my opinion, I'm sure Yuzu has another)))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Of course Yuzu must exceed expectations to have fair scores  just because, I mean that for high PCS the main trend now is that it goes with high TES and more or less mistakes free performance, great interpretation and SS itself will not give him high PCS (sad reality). So to be on top he must be complete package, not to give any judge a doubt, which he perfectly knows himself.

 

It is as if he needs to be beyond humane to get high PCS. :banginghead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think judges judge Origin through Nijinsky comparisons, or else all warhorses would have to be judged based on legendary performances of that program. I also think Origin has a different feel than Nijinsky - which was why even Plush had issues at first, before he realized it was a tribute to him and not Nijinsky.

 

I get the perfection argument, though. There is something about Origin that makes it feel like it needs to be perfect.

 

That said, I also agree that quads are more essential to high scores than even better interpretation. Which is why I wonder if he might not be better off trying some of those new quads, even if adding more than one is likely to take longer to stabilize than adding them slowly, because he might get the "aww, he's going for hard quads!" bonus. It could be rougher, but might speed up things a bit. If he adds them one by one, it'll take time... he'll stabilize one, then probably it'll act up while he adds the next one and so on. But only he knows, based on stamina and health and so on.

 

As for Otonal being perfect, I think it's hard to argue that when it was forced into a different shape than originally intended after the kuyashii kicked in. Even if he pretty much made the best of it, overall, it was still more patched up than he'd like, I think.

 

But I, too, wonder about doing tribute programs two seasons in a row...

 

Well, Yuzu knows best and we'll see soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...