1 minute ago, Henni147 said:

Agree, agree and agree.

Thank you for this positive and healing comment :1497158260_5GOE:

(I still wake up in a sweat every night cursing the judges in Saitama, though. :P)

13 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

(I still wake up in a sweat every night cursing the judges in Saitama, though. :P)

(We should all do that at the same time, synchronised, and maybe it'll be seared into the judges' brains forever too.)

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

EDIT: I decided to put this comment into spoilers, because I don't want to destroy the good mood :laughing:

Reveal hidden contents

I want to be honest: my perception of ISU judges has been irreparably damaged at WTT 2019. From now on I will expect the absolute worst to happen in every competition, e.g. US Nat scores in international competitions (Nathan with 5 quads scoring 340 sounds not that unrealistic anymore). If the panels decide to score a bit fairer than expected, it's a reason to celebrate for me already.

Gomen for the extreme negativity, but that's how I feel about scoring at the moment. It's a pity... :13877886:

PS: The scores in that post were jokes of course. 167 BV is not even possible with the current repetition rules. It's so sad to even calculate such mad scores actually...

Spoiler

oh okay I thought you meant 300 because 167 + 53 + 40 + 40 = 300 but i see what you mean. haha

10 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Miura is one of my favorite japanese actors! His acting was soo great in The Hours of My Life. I love actors who can speak to us through the subtlety of their expressions and also whose eyes are soulful

3 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

(We should all do that at the same time, synchronised, and maybe it'll be seared into the judges' brains forever too.)

I think the time has come to drop this:

Spoiler

The Ten Skating Commandments

1. You shall have no other GOATs before Yuzuru Hanyu.
  2. You shall not make for yourself a biased image.
  3. You shall not take the name of your GOAT in vain.
  4. Remember the Media Day, to keep it holy.
  5. Honor the legends and greats of the sport.
  6. You shall not murder figure skating with ridiculous judging.
  7. You shall not stir up hate on social media.
  8. You shall not rob skaters of their scores and placements.
  9. You shall not spread any lies and narratives.
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor's fan-banner in the arena.

1 minute ago, Henni147 said:

I think the time has come to drop this:

Hide contents

The Ten Skating Commandments

1. You shall have no other GOATs before Yuzuru Hanyu.
  2. You shall not make for yourself a biased image.
  3. You shall not take the name of your GOAT in vain.
  4. Remember the Media Day, to keep it holy.
  5. Honor the ledends and greats of the sport.
  6. You shall not murder figure skating with ridiculous judging.
  7. You shall not stir up hate on social media.
  8. You shall not rob skaters of their scores and placements.
  9. You shall not spread any lies and narratives.
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor's fan-banner in the arena.

I'm :rofl: at no.10 there.

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

@Henni147 I feel the same but on the other hand Yuzu is a strategic genius who experienced for himself the corrupt/incompetent judging of the past season and still decided it was worth it to continue. So, while I have no faith in judges I have an endless amount of faith in him.

I also just really don’t want to be stuck in a depressing swamp and blind faith is more fun. :snpeace:

Honestly, Yuzu is THE genius in this game. He has the ability to get even the most salty judges in a situation, when they don't have another option but to press that +points button.

I have faith!

:hachimaki:

(Edit: And this statement seems to be appropriate for my 2000th post. Amen.)

Mika Ninagawa who photographed famous blue roses Yuzu of the cover of anan AERA will be a guest of a talk show hosted by Sawako Agawa this Saturday.

Mika will talk a secret episode of the photo session. (for some minutes, I think. A talk show is only 30 minute program.)

You can see the trailer with the link above where Mika says "I was very nervous (at the anan AERA photo session). I could hear voices from his fans. I thought like I'll try hard to take the photos everybody wants to see!"

24 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Honestly, Yuzu is THE genius in this game. He has the ability to get even the most salty judges in a situation, when they don't have another option but to press that +points button.

I have faith!

Right? Just look at how many athletes from various other sports worship him as King! I’m sure most regular people can’t really relate to the mentality of a champion but when champions themselves can’t crack the mystery of Yuzu’s mental strength, that’s pretty phenomenal! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Even Brian said that in all his years competing and coaching he’s never seen anyone with such a strong mind. :knc_brian1: 

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

Miura is one of my favorite japanese actors! His acting was soo great in The Hours of My Life. I love actors who can speak to us through the subtlety of their expressions and also whose eyes are soulful

Don’t forget the smile. :8788161:

24 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Right? Just look at how many athletes from various other sports worship him as King! I’m sure most regular people can’t really relate to the mentality of a champion but when champions themselves can’t crack the mystery of Yuzu’s mental strength, that’s pretty phenomenal! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Even Brian said that in all his years competing and coaching he’s never seen anyone with such a strong mind. :knc_brian1: 

Don’t forget the smile. :8788161:

Oh yeah thats why he was casted in Kimi Ni Todoke. I also like Kento Yamazaki's smile. But none tops Yuzu's. (keeping it relevant haha)

Has anyone seen a tweet about Orser ’s birthday party with Yuzu?  I'm curious about the content ...

Revolution on Ice?

Was there ever an ice show with Yuna and Yuzu on?

"Do you have any expectation for Javier-senshu?

H: About leaving competitive skating as a top skater, I think there are many things to say, and I also read his interviews. He is basically a very kind person, so he cares for the figure skating world, brings up many things, and only him can help popularize figure skating in Spain. I want to send my encouragement “Ganbare”, and that I’m willing to give him a hand if he needs me to someday."

45 minutes ago, Pearlple said:

Revolution on Ice?

Was there ever an ice show with Yuna and Yuzu on?

I'm thinking Flamenco on Ice might have been a bit of a helping hand from Yuzu (though that's just my speculation). I don't think he'll do ROI until after he retires, because it's in the middle of the season. Although this year the ROI dates at least don't overlap with Yuzu competitions lol But also, I don't think Javi really needs Yuzu's help in Spain. Spanish people are more likely to know Javi or know Yuzu through Javi anyway. They're more likely to care more about Javi than Yuzu, too. Yuzu's presence would only raise the profile internationally and maybe get some Japanese and foreign fans flocking there, but ROI sells pretty well and it's more of a family venture in Spain.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yuzu might help with Flamenco on Ice next year, but then again, if he appears in the show, he'll overshadow Javi by default. So maybe not... Maybe he'll give his support in other ways, but not participate, except maybe just once at some point, as special guest or so. I'd love him to, but if he does, I'm sure it'll be very carefully thought out.

Oh and Yuzu and Yuna... Sochi Olympic Gala, I think might be the only time, though that's not really an ice show. It's not 100% sure Yuna will continue appearing in ROI, though. It would be nice... Planning to go to the Madrid shows this year, so it'd be amazing to see her.

5 hours ago, saa said:

Has anyone seen a tweet about Orser ’s birthday party with Yuzu?  I'm curious about the content ...

No. Also, why would they even tweet that? Seems like it would be more of a private event. 

@KatjaThera : Javi also runs a skating camp/school in summer in Spain. I could see Yuzu helping with that for sure, as a guest teacher or something.