Jump to content

Recommended Posts

committed to new job, same department in healthcare.  Looking forward to having new enthusiasm for work and the cherry on top: professional development paid for and more money in the bank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope all the satellites near LA are fine :14066882: felt the earthquake here as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

I hope all the satellites near LA are fine :14066882: felt the earthquake here as well

 

Thanks, Hydroblade! I hadn't realized that there had been another earthquake in Southern California until I read your post. 7.1 – that's getting up there!

 

It's scary because we had a number of earthquakes north of Vancouver Island over the last two days. I think the first one was over 6.0, but the following three were under 6.0.

 

Seems like Mother Earth is getting really pissed off with what we humans are doing to her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

 

Thanks, Hydroblade! I hadn't realized that there had been another earthquake in Southern California until I read your post. 7.1 – that's getting up there!

 

It's scary because we had a number of earthquakes north of Vancouver Island over the last two days. I think the first one was over 6.0, but the following three were under 6.0.

 

Seems like Mother Earth is getting really pissed off with what we humans are doing to her.

Yikes, the Pacific ring of fire is waking up 😨

We should get the HANYU to gently ask the Pacific plate to chill for a while ahahahhaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

 

 

That's the one I got given at Helsinki railway station.  Gotta love Japanese fans. :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

 

 

 

Not surprised, they were really really beautiful photos....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new video in my BOY* decalogy is on the way! It's a full collection of Yuzu's different spin positions:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

 

With 'full' I really mean a FULL collection from Doughnut to Cannonball including every position he has ever done in competitions, shows and EX galas. I'm not a spin expert myself and had to do a lot of research to find out all the names, so I think that this collection could be a useful guide for many fans, too.

 

My current list is still incomplete for sure, so if you find any flaws or know other positions (ideally with good video material)... that would be great!

 

Spoiler

Upright spins

  • Two-foot-spin
  • Scratch spin
  • Crossfoot spin
  • A-spin
  • Basic layback spin
  • Biellmann layback spin

Sit spins

  • Basic sit spin
  • Bullet/ Shoot-the-duck spin
  • Cannon ball spin
  • 'Extra deep' sit spin (where his free leg is completely parallel and less than 10cm above the ice... don't know the correct name)
  • Pancake spin
  • Mushroom spin
  • Broken leg spin
  • Twisted sit spin

Camel spins

  • Basic camel spin (with change of edge)
  • Layover camel spin
  • Doughnut catch-foot spin
  • Grafström spin

Nonbasic spin: 'Hanyu-spin'/ 'Turtle shell' spin

 

I thought about an additional section for special features like entries (Travelling camel, Sit twizzle, Illusion, (normal) Flying spin, Death drop and Butterfly), in-spin-jumps, up-and-down spin and varied arm positions, but I'm not sure where and how to include them yet.

 

_______________

*BOY = Best of Yuzu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

A new video in my BOY* decalogy is on the way! It's a full collection of Yuzu's different spin positions:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

 

With 'full' I really mean a FULL collection from Doughnut to Cannonball including every position he has ever done in competitions, shows and EX galas. I'm not a spin expert myself and had to do a lot of research to find out all the names, so I think that this collection could be a useful guide for many fans, too.

 

My current list still incomplete for sure, so if you find any flaws or know other positions (ideally with good video material)... that would be great!

 

  Hide contents

Upright spins

  • Scratch spin
  • Crossfoot spin
  • A-spin
  • Basic layback spin
  • Biellmann layback spin

Sit spins

  • Basic sit spin
  • Bullet/Shoot-the-duck spin
  • Broken leg spin
  • Pancake spin
  • Cannonball spin
  • Twisted sit spin
  • Sit behind spin
  • 'Extra deep' sit spin (where his free leg is completely parallel and less than 10cm above the ice... don't know the correct name)

Camel spins

  • Basic camel spin (with change of edge)
  • Layover camel spin
  • Doughnut catch-foot spin
  • Grafström spin (I think he did that at the end of Notte?)

Nonbasic spin: 'Hanyu-spin' (looks like an upright pancake or turtle shell)

 

I thought about an additional section for special features like entries (Travelling camel, Illusion, normal Flying spin and Death drop), in-spin-jumps and varied arm positions, but I'm not sure where and how to do it yet.

 

_______________

*BOY = Best of Yuzu

 

Thank you for doing this! :10815002:

I love your videos. You're such a great editor. :loveshower:

A spin collection would indeed be a great guide for me, since I hardly know any names of spins at all. I just enjoy them for being pretty. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to lack of new content, I've been amusing myself with editing Yuzu programs.

 

Here's Origin, a Rostelecom/Worlds edit. IMO Rostelecom was better interpretation-wise but the camera work was too far away sometimes so I replaced some parts with Worlds footage. And jumps, of course. I think it's about 50/50. Almost as the program should have looked like! There are still a few jarring cuts, to my eyes at least, but here, enjoy!

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16s2E_yR-2qTrjkQcXEPieypTsFiOfogc/view?usp=drivesdk

 

Edit: The video is interlaced so you may have problems having good quality on mobile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toshi still stuck in the swamp. :war:

 

 

 

Yuzu, what have you done to this poor fellow?

 

ETA

Yuzu gave him the motivation? :O

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

Due to lack of new content, I've been amusing myself with editing Yuzu programs.

 

Here's Origin, a Rostelecom/Worlds edit. IMO Rostelecom was better interpretation-wise but the camera work was too far away sometimes so I replaced some parts with Worlds footage. And jumps, of course. I think it's about 50/50. Almost as the program should have looked like! There are still a few jarring cuts, to my eyes at least, but here, enjoy!

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16s2E_yR-2qTrjkQcXEPieypTsFiOfogc/view?usp=drivesdk

 

Edit: The video is interlaced so you may have problems having good quality on mobile.

Thank you! Excellent edit.

 

Although the Rostelecom version breaks my heart, I think it was the best performance overall. So heartfelt and YOLO. It's almost impossible to believe, watching the first half, that he was skating on a severely sprained ankle. Part of me wishes he hadn't skated that day; the other part is eternally grateful he did. (Life of a fanyu.)

 

By comparison, Worlds felt like he was holding back a bit in the interest of not making mistakes and preserving his stamina. But intercutting the second-half jumps from Worlds really gives a sense of just how magnificent this program could have been if he hadn't gotten injured. I'm sorry we won't be seeing it again. (I take the Masquerade/Origin encore in Toyama as a sign that he's retired the program for good.) 

:cri:  :softYuzu: . :13877886:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...