32 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Why don’t we get the full body shot with that costume is beyond me ....looks lovely!

thank you for sharing 👍

4 hours ago, faeline said:

I will be streaming coming Sunday's Sendai Highlights and Makuhari Day 2... Can't do anything about Toyama on Friday - can't find any source on that.

You are so kind.... :softYuzu:

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Today, the only thing that kept me from quitting my job in a melancholic fit of despair was the thought of seeing Yuzu at Worlds, knowing I'm still in the process of paying for the tickets. My boss owes Yuzu big time,  and will never know it. :wut:

Just needed to share that. 

Chin up!! Come to the Planet when you need a break; we’ll be here 😊

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Today, the only thing that kept me from quitting my job in a melancholic fit of despair was the thought of seeing Yuzu at Worlds, knowing I'm still in the process of paying for the tickets. My boss owes Yuzu big time,  and will never know it. :wut:

:10742289:We're here for you! As Yuzu said, adversity is just a wall for us to climb over. Let's fight fight fight! :10742289:

12 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

OMG, there seems to be quite a number of Canadian health workers on the Planet relying on Yuzu to keep them motivated and continue to work!   As a burnt-out health economist (yes, economists get exhausted, too) who recently moved to Canada, I can't say enough about how much I appreciate your dedication to serve. 

And 感謝 gratitude to Yuzu for playing such an important role in keeping the healthcare system in Canada running. Health Canada should acknowledge his contributions and dedicate a monument (or at least a webpage) to Yuzu for his inspirational role!   I once wrote a paper on health workforce skills, one of which is resilience / self-care (emotional and physical), and the other on team support.  I hope the Planet can provide a safe and caring space for all the stressed out space kitties of the world!  

BTW, there is an ACUTE doctor shortage in BC, and I will probably not find a family physician for months/years to come.   Will be going back to Japan for my regular health check-up (despite doctor shortages in Japan, access to medical care in Tokyo remains very efficient, at least for now... not so good in rural areas).  

1 minute ago, Umebachi said:

And 感謝 gratitude to Yuzu for playing such an important role in keeping the healthcare system in Canada running. Health Canada should acknowledge his contributions and dedicate a monument (or at least a webpage) to Yuzu for his inspirational role

Okay that made me laugh! I can just picture how confused both he and Health Canada would be if someone ever seriously suggested such a thing. LOL:xD:

I work in a teaching hospital, and we're awash in med students and residents...the fact that there's still a doctor shortage remains an enduring mystery to me. However, given the healthcare system's positive penchant for underestimating workload and severely overestimating worker's capacity to handle it, nothing is surprising to me any more.

48 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

OMG, there seems to be quite a number of Canadian health workers on the Planet relying on Yuzu to keep them motivated and continue to work! 

This American doctor also uses "but how will I pay for tickets to see Yuzu" as motivation to push through the burnout. (Although being on OB call during every single one of Yuzu's comps last season was.... not ideal, to say the least.)

The Hanyu fan in me is just glad he's better after his surgery. The surgeon in me, though, is vaguely horrified at the idea of having a patient take out their own stitches and do strenuous exercise before they're cleared. I'm feeling second-hand anxiety for his doctors just reading about it. Honestly, Yuzu, you know good and well you use your abs to jump quads. :knc_brian3:

Not a doctor but I work in the health system as well .....jeez sometimes I just check PH just to try to calm myself down ...... this place and you all guys is a blessing❤️

I work for a medical equipment company. Does it count? lol My holidays have always been connected to my hobbies - JRock before, FS now, with the occasional JRock still. My hobbies are essential to staying sane, I think and I sometimes feel like watching those clips of Yuzu studying to motivate myself to work harder lol But if I do, then I want to watch other stuff, too, so it's no good :headdesk2:

I do work in health care and can testify that the system is getting more frenetic.  I advocate looking after yourself and that it is OK to say no. I had an epiphany moment when I realized that I can control my workload by saying no.  I have said an emphatic no to adding more clinic days without adding paid time. I have told our secretary I am unavailable according to her template if it is unreasonable for me. When I was asked to cover a colleague's maternity leave... I did it on my terms: gave them 3 schedules I created from which to pick. So it is OK to say no to unreasonable expectations and offer solutions better suited to you ...

The consequences: if you are unionized, you have protection.

no raise? Salaries for non unionized employees have been frozen for years 

If you are good at your job.. That usually speaks for you and hopefully you won't get the pink slip 

Advice: live within your means, have a rainy day fund.  Keep yourself current and relevant in your work life skills and have a backup plan. Life is too short to let your work drain your health, happiness and well-being. 

4 hours ago, river said:

The surgeon in me, though, is vaguely horrified at the idea of having a patient take out their own stitches and do strenuous exercise before they're cleared. I'm feeling second-hand anxiety for his doctors just reading about it. Honestly, Yuzu, you know good and well you use your abs to jump quads. :knc_brian3:

I know we all joke about Brian losing his hair but can you imagine the stress levels Yuzu's primary doctors had to get used to over the years???