7 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Also, this discussion has taken place before, but I don't see why Yuzu would need an excuse to not drink. As in, imply he's allergic to justify not drinking if he really isn't. He doesn't seem the type, so if he doesn't want to drink, he'd just say he doesn't want to. Whether it really is an allergy or just an intolerance, unrelated to the skin allergy, only he knows - or it's possible even he doesn't know and just assumes they're related; a lot of people assume they're allergic to things, but I think few ever get tested to make sure - but in asaichi he said he's allergic so he can't drink, AFAIR.

EDIT: I have some serious allergies and sensitivities myself (Penicillin is the worst, but vanillin and strawberries do horrible things to my skin as well). So yeah, I can imagine that for some people ethanol can cause allergic reactions, too.

However, even if you're not sensitive to alcohol, you can still say no. I don't drink either, I have my reasons, end of story. Some of my collegues, friends and familiy members try to lure me into a sip again and again... it can be annoying sometimes, but I'm not ashamed.

Thank you @kaeryth for the sources... omg this boy has some serious itchy hands and itchy feet (for skating)... If he were my younger brother, I'd bonk him on his head for being so rash.

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

EDIT: I have some serious allergies and sensitivities myself (Penicillin is the worst, but vanillin and strawberries do horrible things to my skin as well). So yeah, I can imagine that for some people ethanol can cause allergic reactions, too.

However, even if you're not sensitive to alcohol, you can still say no. I don't drink either, I have my reasons, end of story. Some of my collegues, friends and familiy members try to lure me into a sip again and again... it can be annoying sometimes, but I'm not ashamed.

That’s a terrible thing pretty common in our culture/society too ,I’m vegetarian and still people try to make me eat meat.

And even with drinking people still looked at you like an alien Lol

Reading about his surgery tho wow that was pretty harsh poor guy I’m glad he’ fine now

10 hours ago, faeline said:

Thank you @kaeryth for the sources... omg this boy has some serious itchy hands and itchy feet (for skating)... If he were my younger brother, I'd bonk him on his head for being so rash.

IKR! When I read that, I was also shaking my head all the time and was torn between wanting to hug and comfort him and slapping him over his head. :headdesk:

Well, I like to believe that Yuzu's more mature and reasonable now as well as more conscious of long-term consequences of his actions. I mean, he still takes huge risks and pushes himself, but he's certainly better at taking care of himself and his body. The sheer stupid recklessness of his earlier years seems to be a thing of the past now.

Another improvement seems to be that Yuzu's much more open now and actually talks to the people close to him about his injuries etc. He used to keep injuries and illnesses secret even from his coaches... seriously!

But even this "mellowed down", more mature Yuzu is more than enough to give us excitement and continue taking us on a wild, wild ride in his orbit. He keeps on amazing, delighting and surprising us. He keeps us excited, anxious and hungry for more. And we just love it! :darklordyuzu:

On Sendai local news.  Love the way the elderly gentleman says emphatically how much he adores this expression/pose: "Tottemo suteki" (Really cool). 

FaOI opening rehearsal in UA. I've added it to my Yuzu UA collection...it's a rare scene :D

2 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

FaOI opening rehearsal in UA. I've added it to my Yuzu UA collection...it's a rare scene :D

that's really cool,I'd love to see the whole thing:tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

5 hours ago, Umebachi said:

On Sendai local news.  Love the way the elderly gentleman says emphatically how much he adores this expression/pose: "Tottemo suteki" (Really cool). 

it's really growing nicely...amazing talented people really!

Today, the only thing that kept me from quitting my job in a melancholic fit of despair was the thought of seeing Yuzu at Worlds, knowing I'm still in the process of paying for the tickets. My boss owes Yuzu big time,  and will never know it. :wut:

Just needed to share that. 

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Today, the only thing that kept me from quitting my job in a melancholic fit of despair was the thought of seeing Yuzu at Worlds, knowing I'm still in the process of paying for the tickets. My boss owes Yuzu big time,  and will never know it. :wut:

Ganbatte!  It will be worth it!

So, Joseph Phan is training quad loop? :ummm:

2 minutes ago, holina said:

Ganbatte!  It will be worth it!

So, Joseph Phan is training quad loop? :ummm:

Well someone has to, besides Yuzu and Voronov. 

ikr....I went to a retirement seminar to find out how our retirement plan works just last week.

Luckily my work is being extremely accommodating and giving me all the leave, vacation and days off I ask for.

So I have days off in Jul, Aug, Sept and Oct.  

I have recently sent in a request: asked for 4 educational days in Nov to attend a conference and for the 1100 USD fee.

If I get the last one too, I will likely keep working to afford more Yuzu live competitions until he retires.  At that time, I will

revisit retirement plans too.