If I remember correctly, for ACI last year, throwing light gifts like flowers and plushies were allowed, but they have boxes near the entrance for heavier gifts and gifts that can break if thrown on ice. So the fans were not really breaking the rules.

19 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Haha, nice try! :smiley-laughing021: But I should have mentioned - only competitive programs for this graph. 

Then it's probably one from this season. Otonal?

6 hours ago, holina said:

If I remember correctly, for ACI last year, throwing light gifts like flowers and plushies were allowed, but they have boxes near the entrance for heavier gifts and gifts that can break if thrown on ice. So the fans were not really breaking the rules.

I just remember he was exhausted after the FS and seemed like he started picking up gifts after looking around and not seeing them picked up quickly enough.  Also, people were throwing full sizes poohs and bouquets of flowers and I think I saw larger gift bags?  Maybe the organizers just didn’t expect so many gifts on the ice. 

6 hours ago, holina said:

This is correct. Someone emailed Skate Canada in advance and asked if we could throw gifts onto the ice and was told that we could. 

When I got to the venue, I double-checked with one of the staff members. She told me that we could throw plushies onto the ice, but if we wanted to give a gift specifically to one of the skaters, we should put it in the gift box instead. There was one large gift box for Yuzu, and a small gift box for all other skaters. :hihi:

4 minutes ago, IceWings said:

This is correct. Someone emailed Skate Canada in advance and asked if we could throw gifts onto the ice and was told that we could. 

When I got to the venue, I double-checked with one of the staff members. She told me that we could throw plushies onto the ice, but if we wanted to give a gift specifically to one of the skaters, we should put it in the gift box instead. There was one large gift box for Yuzu, and a small gift box for all other skaters. :hihi:

I remember Oda said before that Yuzu has so much gifts (in NHK Trophy) that the organising committee provides him a special room to store them after they have been collected from the ice.

How will a large gift box be enough? :wut:

Just now, faeline said:

I remember Oda said before that Yuzu has so much gifts (in NHK Trophy) that the organising committee provides him a special room to store them after they have been collected from the ice.

How will a large gift box be enough? :wut:

They were emptying the gift box when it filled up and iirc, putting the gifts in bags. :67638860:

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

They were emptying the gift box when it filled up and iirc, putting the gifts in bags. :67638860:

I see... now that makes a lot more sense. 

/sigh @ living in Asia = nearest venue = Japan or China = both of which are highly contested places :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: = give up and watch at home.

34 minutes ago, faeline said:

I see... now that makes a lot more sense. 

/sigh @ living in Asia = nearest venue = Japan or China = both of which are highly contested places :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: = give up and watch at home.

Europe is the next best option. Good excuse to plan holiday there :muahaha:

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Black looks so great.

I hope these blades help yuzu a lot and keep him safe.

Sorry guys, this is a bit embarassing... How do I post a photo here (uploading it from my computer)? :8788161:

5 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Sorry guys, this is a bit embarassing... How do I post a photo here (uploading it from my computer)? :8788161:

You can't upload it from your computer directly. Use a site like imgur, upload your pic there and copy the link here (link should end in .jpg or .png etc), and then it'll be embedded automatically.

4 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

You can't upload it from your computer directly. Use a site like imgur, upload your pic there and copy the link here (link should end in .jpg or .png etc), and then it'll be embedded automatically.

Thank you! :snpeace: