Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

 

 

I'm the first cactus! lol always looking for news and can't get over 4Lz biting poor bby Yuzu on his precious ankle.:Poohgaveup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Henni147 said:
I had the very urgent need to edit a quick collection of Yuzu's sit spins. Because quality.

 

@Henni147 Thank you for all your beautiful collections.  Yuzu's spin reminded me of a conversation I had with my Iranian friend about the significance of spinning movement in a sacred dance, like the Sema of Sufi adherents (whirling dances).  Some years back we had visited Konya, Turkey to attend the Rumi music festival and we recalled sharing a special feeling of awe and humility when we encounter beauty, and the similarity of that feeling when we watch Yuzu's performance.   I grew up in Iran and I find Rumi's works deeply moving.  Yuzu's spins are an an extension of human endeavor - an expression of love to achieve a meditative state and unity with universe.  All the skaters endeavour to achieve that state, but it seems Yuzu comes closer to that special moment of grace. 

 

"Love is the dancing cry of the soul, calling the body to worship 
Like a shining whirlpool, or a spinning mayfly 
So is love among the skies." - Mawlana Rumi

 

Here is an article which provides some background on the Sema ceremony. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2015/dec/18/whirling-dervishes-at-the-rumi-festival-in-konya-a-photo-essay

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

A really thought provoking question posed by Machida to help us look at quads correctly. It reminds me that every technique Yuzu does on the ice is delivered with a purpose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

 

shall have a planet streaming party?because its Cacti season again! which one are you?

 

 



 

I think I am still(?) a happy cactus though I occasionally become angry cactus when I see some $&@f# on the FS tag in any socmed I am on :animated-smileys-angry-033: although I don't have any Pooh, nor Yuzu mooks :( (maybe I should get a Pooh stat? :think:)

 

...anyhow, I guess I am already resigned to the possibility that it might be one heck of a long drought™ :sigh:. I'll cope somehow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

 

I think I am still(?) a happy cactus though I occasionally become angry cactus when I see some $&@f# on the FS tag in any socmed I am on :animated-smileys-angry-033: although I don't have any Pooh, nor Yuzu mooks :( (maybe I should get a Pooh stat? :think:)

 

...anyhow, I guess I am already resigned to the possibility that it might be one heck of a long drought™ :sigh:. I'll cope somehow...

I guess I'm a happy cactus too still without Pooh(but i have a cat and that helps):

@cvdnce again thank you for your interview,i agree about the way he moves his arms and his whole posture screams ballet dancer to me!

And not to forget his bauetiful way of moving his hands and fingers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

"lacks passion" yet "too dramatic" :wut:

"fakes injury" yet "he will be disabled in no time" :umm:

and now "doesnt point his toe pick into direction x" :deadinside: what even 

 

i guess i shouldnt dive too deeply into what haters think or try to make sense of it

 

---

shall have a planet streaming party?because its Cacti season again! which one are you?

 

 

 

 

not sure if this is shared but his small face tops this list

 

 

 

I'm a semi-dry cactus.  Accept my fate.  Hopefully tickets to GPF.  Sighs at news.  As none of it is really info re Yuzu.  Will resurrect as soon as he leaves his cave but is happy for him to remain there for the time being ....in healing mode!!!

 

:th_tumbleweed:

 

I'd very much appreciate a streaming party. :matrix:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @cvdnce, it is great to hear your professional comments for Yuzu, and have them published on papers!  All the best to your team’s performance too.  Actually I wont be surprised if you would receive congratulations /thank-you flowers from Mr Hanyu, or if he would invite you to the back stage at ACI to say hello or seek your feedback of his (new) programs...  as he “knows everything” and these seem like his personality!  Am dreaming for you already, lol:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Henni147 said:

 

I had the very urgent need to edit a quick collection of Yuzu's sit spins. Because quality.

 

:cough:NotteStellataBarcelona:cough:

 

Though damn, I thought the LCG spins were da shit but then Otonal happened. Though my mom told me to rewind the Origin final spin twice, because of the on-the-note acceleration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

I said this on twitter but thank you once again for this interview. Yuzu has had many antis who maliciously attacked Japanese public figures and ballerinas who openly praised Yuzu's artistic ability. To have a studio full of ballerinas tributing to him is very heartwarming for me. It is like an indirect defense for Yuzu. 

 

14 hours ago, ruruzest said:

:knc_brian1:

Thank you so much!  I am glad you like the article.  It is truly how I feel.   We were even teaching the little ballerinas about him today.   Everyone of my dancers is happy that people like the tribute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Thanks @cvdnce, it is great to hear your professional comments for Yuzu, and have them published on papers!  All the best to your team’s performance too.  Actually I wont be surprised if you would receive congratulations /thank-you flowers from Mr Hanyu, or if he would invite you to the back stage at ACI to say hello or seek your feedback of his (new) programs...  as he “knows everything” and these seem like his personality!  Am dreaming for you already, lol:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I am still wrapping my head around the fact that I had 1000 likes for the original tweet.  Let alone 17500 views on YouTube, and now this article.  I was just speaking the truth about Yuzuru’s artistry and inspiration.   That’s all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mercedes said:

I guess I'm a happy cactus too still without Pooh(but i have a cat and that helps):

@cvdnce again thank you for your interview,i agree about the way he moves his arms and his whole posture screams ballet dancer to me!

And not to forget his bauetiful way of moving his hands and fingers.

Absolutely,  his hands while he spins- unbelievably beautiful.   He has amazing attention to details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

because its Cacti season again! which one are you?

I've been all of those at one point or another I think...for the moment I have settled on 'blooming cactus'. I really do think Yuzu will ultimately be ok. He's been at this a long time now, if he couldn't figure out how to get through setbacks he'd have quit long ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...