Aaand it´s gone, the original poster removed the post from her insta. I sincerely hope that she´s not too much terror-struck from all the excessive backlash.

Unless a person recognized the setting as TCC and so there's a possibility that Yuzu might be on the ice with the result a viewer is looking hard to find him, there's no way one could say that video's about Yuzu because the casual watcher on that Instagram post, even if TCC was identified as the setting, would not have the vaguest idea what TCC is and its relationship to Yuzu.  The girl who is skating is the obvious object of that short snippet.  I had to watch it three times before I was reasonably sure I had identified him.  The real focus was on the girl skating and this whole thing strikes me as a tempest in a teapot.  The one thing this whole affair teaches us is that not only are there a large mob of antis out there but also their umbrage too easily sets off too many Yuzu fans.  Come on, everybody.  We need to keep the emotions in check and take things in stride.  After all, that's exactly what Yuzu would do. 

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

Whether she was aware it was Yuzu or not, she did take and upload a snip of skaters on the ice, and from above as well. Unless she specifically knew someone or the person she focused the camera on and asked, it was without the rest of the skaters' permission. We don't know the SNS rules at TCC obviously and she doesn't deserve the huge backlash but well for me this isn't only about whether she "knew it's Yuzu or not".

We don't know the rules so for all she knew she could film that snippet. 

Bit of perspective people - if the poor kid had known who he was and wanted to publicise it the snippet would have been on its own or first up in her little photo stream of her day at TCC - not buried in the middle.  IMHO looking at it she just filmed a bit of action on the skating rink - she had no idea who she was catching in the background and has probably been traumatised for life by the overreaction.  Chill as no 2 son would say.  As for the antis - they’re going to find something to kick off over if they have to invent it - take no notice.

This is definitely old news but.......

Anyone else just a little bit annoyed that Yuzuru’s Olympic plaques at TCC are not back to back?

i know, just being petty :yznotimpressed:

tumblr_p5xbw5sV8q1wid3aco1_1280.jpg

28 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

This is definitely old news but.......

Anyone else just a little bit annoyed that Yuzuru’s Olympic plaques at TCC are not back to back?

i know, just being petty :yznotimpressed:

tumblr_p5xbw5sV8q1wid3aco1_1280.jpg

:68468287: yeah it was was first shown a lot of ppl complained including me. The esthetic is ruined or something like that. We know the reason why but still :13877886:

9 minutes ago, Sammie said:

:68468287: yeah it was was first shown a lot of ppl complained including me. The esthetic is ruined or something like that. We know the reason why but still :13877886:

Why?

13 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I know, but it was recently published again in Yuzuru’s photo book.  Deep down, I was hoping for an exception.

7 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

Why?

Order of the medal won...  Gabby won her gold medal first then Yuzu then Javi bronze. 

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Horses for courses - I’m a big fan of ski jumping myself and Noriaki went to 4? 5? Olympics.  If I were a Finn I might well be more interested in Noriaki than Yuzuru.  As for the plaques  at TCC - think about the person in whose honour the plaque has been installed- he wouldn’t expect them to do anything other than the usual order of things....

I wasn't into the order of plaques either initially but now I kinda like it because having something else in between really emphasizes the fact that Yuzu has two separate plaques from two different Olympics, rather than just seeing his name and kinda visually glossing over the fact that it appears twice in a row.

Spoiler

I sent a message it the IG user apologising and explaining what was going on. She sincerely didn’t have any idea and doesn’t follow figure skating at all and was really shocked by the horrible comments. Poor thing.