Perhaps unpopular opinion about the TCC video but...  

Spoiler

As happy as I am about seeing Yuzu as anyone, does TCC not have a social media ban anymore? I'm fairly sure the shot of yuzu was accidental on the uploader's part since she was not even focusing on him and while I've hardly been an exception to the 'spot yuzu as blur in background of TCC training video' joke, I'm a hesitant about sharing this particular video on public platforms. It seems like one that was taken w/o his awareness or permission during injury recovery period, and especially given the anti narrative of 'oh he's faking/downplaying his injury to get out of JNats' is high and how much of a media silence there was last year... 

3 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Hide contents

As happy as I am about seeing Yuzu as anyone, does TCC not have a social media ban anymore? I'm fairly sure the shot of yuzu was accidental on the uploader's part since she was not even focusing on him and while I've hardly been an exception to the 'spot yuzu as blur in background of TCC training video' joke, I'm a hesitant about sharing this particular video on public platforms. It seems like one that was taken w/o his awareness or permission during injury recovery period, and especially given the anti narrative of 'oh he's faking/downplaying his injury to get out of JNats' is high and how much of a media silence there was last year... 

I guess you are right because there are so many antis right now and some tabloids might make a story out of it !

But I hope that he won´t see it if they are going to make a story out of it !

9 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Wasn't media silence last year partly olympic strategy to keep people guessing about his condition? Stakes aren't as high this year so TCC may have gotten more relaxed about it.

Anyway, I'm not sure it's worth worrying so much about the reactions of haters. Those kind of people will spin anything into something negative. If you don't give them anything to latch on to, they'll just invent something out of thin air. At some point, it's just not worth caring about how they think.

If the video is recent, it's great to see him back on ice, since it must mean the injury wasn't as serious as we might have feared and recovery is going well :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, daisyjune said:

https://scontent-nrt1-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/e7634b51ac73601274586b85029a55be/5C16EC0C/t50.2886-16/48088617_202461950659519_2418288425797265221_n.mp4

Has Yuzu started rehabilitation on ice? I'm not sure if it's the latest video, but if so,

I really really hope his rehabilitation will go well. :smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001:

I know last year he had pain after going back to ice in December and rested again.:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

That's it! That's the most important video in whole universe!

Gosh, I can't even imagine how angry he is at himself and his current state. Everybody are preparing to their nats and he can barely move. It's okay, honey. We know. We understand. Take your time, beautiful swan. For the better future.:tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

14 minutes ago, shanshani said:
  Hide contents

Wasn't media silence last year partly olympic strategy to keep people guessing about his condition? Stakes aren't as high this year so TCC may have gotten more relaxed about it.

Anyway, I'm not sure it's worth worrying so much about the reactions of haters. Those kind of people will spin anything into something negative. If you don't give them anything to latch on to, they'll just invent something out of thin air. At some point, it's just not worth caring about how they think.

If the video is recent, it's great to see him back on ice, since it must mean the injury wasn't as serious as we might have feared and recovery is going well :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Spoiler

I have no idea if it was an Olympic-only condition or just a 'protect TCC skaters' measure, I always thought it was more the latter. I hope they got permission/awareness from the skaters to film, that's the main thing.  

1 minute ago, kaerb said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have no idea if it was an Olympic-only condition or just a 'protect TCC skaters' measure, I always thought it was more the latter. I hope they got permission/awareness from the skaters to film, that's the main thing...  

Spoiler

I think it was someone new. Like person who posted Yuzu's 4t3a on instagram in september. Probably they will delete it soon.

Judging from the Christmas decorations on the wall, this should be recent right, not some old video only released now

Spoiler

Normally there's some year end/Xmas party at  TCC at this time of the year and people can watch skaters practice as well. They might not FS fan, do not know whos on the ice and probably not aware of SNS ban. I agree its better not post/spread that video. Even if he's already back on ice, JSF won't annouce it until after JNats.

I hope some people would respect the OP in comment's section. Its a random set of photos/vid, didn't tag anyone and posted 16 hours ago. I dont know why some people react so rude at the OP when its the ones  who spread it on twitter should delete it =.=

If it's true, then good:

Spoiler

That aside...I sprain my left ankle and tore ligaments too. After about 4 weeks, roughly where Yuzu is now, I was also back on ice, but only doing stroking and gliding, and doing anything more did mean pain. It was necessary otherwise recovery of spins and jumps would be more difficult since the "feeling" of being on ice would be worse. But no, it was no where near jumping and spinning and complex footwork, and it no where means Yuzu is in competitive condition. He's got at least another month or at least half a month to go before he can start any jumping. 

(my only concern is, boy isn't back on pain killers is he?)

26 minutes ago, Xen said:

If it's true, then good:

Hide contents

That aside...I sprain my left ankle and tore ligaments too. After about 4 weeks, roughly where Yuzu is now, I was also back on ice, but only doing stroking and gliding, and doing anything more did mean pain. It was necessary otherwise recovery of spins and jumps would be more difficult since the "feeling" of being on ice would be worse. But no, it was no where near jumping and spinning and complex footwork, and it no where means Yuzu is in competitive condition. He's got at least another month or at least half a month to go before he can start any jumping. 

(my only concern is, boy isn't back on pain killers is he?)

He was obviously stroking slowly and carefully, testing the ice and the feel on his ankle, so if anyone looks at this video and decides to think 'ah, he was lying to skip Nationals!' then they're just dumb and I couldn't care less about their narratives. This is obviously part of on-ice rehab.

By the way, he was also back to the ice last December after his injury but the pain continued so he apparently didn't go back on ice after that until early January. 

As happy as I am to see Yuzu back on the ice even if he's only checking out where his ankle is at in the healing process, watching a video that was obviously sneak-taken leaves me with a creepy-crawly feeling in the pit of my stomach. Why not just say you've seen him, rather than post video? 

Or you know, remain discreet.

*Edit: Since the person posting the video turns out to have done it in all innocence and had no idea who she was filming, my comment is not directed at them, but my underlying opinion of videos taken without the subject's knowledge remains the same.

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As happy as I am to see Yuzu back on the ice even if he's only checking out where his ankle is at in the healing process, watching a video that was obviously sneak-taken leaves me with a creepy-crawly feeling in the pit of my stomach. Why not just say you've seen him, rather than post video? 

Or you know, remain discreet.

I think the video wasn't meant to be yuzu-centric, but some fans found it. 

The person taking it seemed to be more "Oh look, I'm at TCC, here's a quick look of what's going on on the ice!"

Heard that some fans are already storming the account?

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY PASSED THE TEST FOR BILIBILI UPLOADING RIGHTS :sadPooh:  *bilibili is a chinese video sharing platform. 

It's a timed test (2 hours for 50 questions haha) on general etiquette and knowledge, to prevent spam accounts. For general knowledge I had to choose Math/Physics/Chemistry/Biology because I know nothing about entertainment / other sports, and I ended up having to google all the terms because I learned the terms in English :13877886: High school math revision which I haven't touched for 3 years rip 

Here is the site! This is the account's follow list for Yuzu channels. A few of us are trying to operate bilibili to upload good videos from deleted Youtube channels, let us know if you want to contribute! Like sourcing / uploading / compiling / subbing / translating, I will translate the interface for both viewers and uploaders. Would be great if we can have a list of deleted channels and their owners so we can possibly contact them to ask if they would like to contribute here.  We are also creating a website to compile and embed media for all skaters, as a central go-to place for information that you can't find on wiki etc, and we'd love some help. 

http://space.bilibili.com/391446247/fans/follow 

It's good because its policies explicitly allow cross-posting/reposting as long as the source is stated, and the other Yuzu News Channels have thrived very well so far, for over 4 years. It also has strict policies on toxic comments etc, and it's easily accessible for foreigners! The only thing is that you need to pass the test + get points in order to comment, but well it's a tradeoff I guess. 

As for video, here is original post.  Poor girl seems like she was just at a Holiday party and took photos of food and a random video from her table.  She tagged TCC location so maybe that’s how they found it.  Does not seem focused on Yuzu but now fans and antis are.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrYd7I9gM3A/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11yatjs9yx28p