Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I tried but I couldn't get it to work. I think you have to sign up in order to leave a comment. 

 

You don't need to sign up or anything.

I just posted my message without registering, and my message appeared right after. (People of Ameblo are not checking the comments now?!)

I'm not sure the blog accepts posts from overseas but I saw some comments of fans from Italy, Taiwan and China.

 

BTW, his blog entry (https://ameblo.jp/kose-sports/entry-12443581161.html) is short but very cute :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: and easy to read :67638860:.

It can be a very nice read for Japanese learners!:kitty:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just rewatched some of yuzu's perfs this season and i am reminded of one thing...as good as i think they are, yuzu has been disappointed with himself after every freeskate :( the first time after aci, he was literally disgusted by the score. the second time after helsinki, he thought he would get at least 200 bc he did 4 quads, but he was so surprised it was 190 and that his total wasnt 300. then he was hopeful to make the 300 mark since he did so well in the short at cor only to get into that accident and couldnt give a dream perf with the free/do better than helsinki. it makes me sad bc i just really hope he can feel happy with himself esp when origin has such personal meaning to him. :cri:

 

like i know underscoring is the story of his life but i just want him to skate perfect. like idc if a perfect yuzu getting robbed at this point he just needs to feel satisfied with his perf 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 4:37 PM, LadyLou said:

I hope this time there won't be "I feel no pain because I'm on painkillers, you know, and actually I still feel pain but I'm pretending I don't and I'm just gonna will the OGM into existence":13877886:

Well, of course I hope he can truly will two clean & gorgeous programs (and the gold medal) into existence at Worlds, but I hope he'll also be truly pain-free and that he has had nice and proper full training. And that there won't be any more scary falls during practice, warm-up, competition, on ice and off ice (I'm trying to cover everything:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:). Please skating gods:snonegai: 

 

I'm trying hard to keep my zen but everytime I remember the wait is about to end I feel all the zen slipping away :laughing: or rather running away :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

 

This is my prayer for Yuzuru Hanyu:

 

DEAR GOD please protect Yuzuru Hanyu (hereinafter referred to as “Yuzu”), the Japanese double Olympic champion, from all manner of injuries, both on and off the ice and that he will be able to skate injury-free for as many seasons as he wishes.

 

AND without limiting the generality of the foregoing, please protect Yuzu from:

 

1.         Bad people, negligent people and violent mentally ill people;

2.         Bad animals, negligent animals and violent mentally ill animals;

3.         Aliens and alien abductions;

4.         Accidents of any kind;

5.         Intentional assaults;

6.         Kidnappings, carjackings and hijackings;

7.         His own negligence including badly landed jumps and other skating errors;

8.         Inevitable accidents;

9.         Acts of God.

 

AND please let Yuzu be completely healed in all respects when he competes at the upcoming World Figure Skating Championships in Saitama, Japan and please let Yuzu skate two beautifully clean programs (short and free) in this competition and win the world championship for the third time in a decisive manner.

 

AND in this regard, and with respect to all future competitions, please protect Yuzu from bad and/or incompetent judges.

 

ALL OF WHICH IS RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED.

 

AMEN

 

If I’ve missed anything, please feel free to add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

What if in the future when Brian, Ghislain  and Tracy retired, we will have yuzu and javi taking over coaching at TCC :LOL:

Actually, one time, Brian pretty much said that's his dream (it was in his joint interview with Yuzu in the first Team Brian book, I think). Yuzu was... not overly receptive, from what I remember. lol Actually, I think he might have mentioned it in an interview with Javi once, too... Javi did say he could maybe coach in Canada or even Japan as well, more than once, too.

 

It would be amazing, but considering both Yuzu and Javi have skating in their own home lands as their priorities, it might be tricky. I personally do dream that Yuzu will start a skating school with a world-wide reach, which could have partnerships, exchange programs and so on with other schools and rinks around the world, including Javi's in Spain and TCC... Whether or not that - or anything like that - will happen is anyone's guess, though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

i just rewatched some of yuzu's perfs this season and i am reminded of one thing...as good as i think they are, yuzu has been disappointed with himself after every freeskate :( the first time after aci, he was literally disgusted by the score. the second time after helsinki, he thought he would get at least 200 bc he did 4 quads, but he was so surprised it was 190 and that his total wasnt 300. then he was hopeful to make the 300 mark since he did so well in the short at cor only to get into that accident and couldnt give a dream perf with the free/do better than helsinki. it makes me sad bc i just really hope he can feel happy with himself esp when origin has such personal meaning to him. :cri:

 

like i know underscoring is the story of his life but i just want him to skate perfect. like idc if a perfect yuzu getting robbed at this point he just needs to feel satisfied with his perf 

 

Has anyone actually seen where the supposed underrotation on his Helsinki quad loop is? Does anyone here agree with that? I'm no technical specialist, but I think I know math well enough to be able to pick out most underrotations. The quad toe was borderline, but I couldn't see anything remotely resembling an underrotation on the loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

Try this:

 

 

 

:tumblr_inline_np9uqfin9j1qid2nw_75sq:  :tumblr_inline_np9uqfzDd81qid2nw_75sq: :tumblr_inline_np9uqjPApW1qid2nw_75sq: :tumblr_inline_np9uqfin9j1qid2nw_75sq: :tumblr_inline_np9uqfzDd81qid2nw_75sq: :tumblr_inline_np9uqjPApW1qid2nw_75sq: :tumblr_inline_np9uqivUkQ1qid2nw_75sq:

 

 

 

4 hours ago, daisyjune said:

 

You don't need to sign up or anything.

I just posted my message without registering, and my message appeared right after. (People of Ameblo are not checking the comments now?!)

I'm not sure the blog accepts posts from overseas but I saw some comments of fans from Italy, Taiwan and China.

 

BTW, his blog entry (https://ameblo.jp/kose-sports/entry-12443581161.html) is short but very cute :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: and easy to read :67638860:.

It can be a very nice read for Japanese learners!:kitty:

 

 

Thanks guys. I tried again and I think my post finally got sent, although it hasn't appeared yet in the comments section. The cat post was super cute. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually, one time, Brian pretty much said that's his dream (it was in his joint interview with Yuzu in the first Team Brian book, I think). Yuzu was... not overly receptive, from what I remember. lol Actually, I think he might have mentioned it in an interview with Javi once, too... Javi did say he could maybe coach in Canada or even Japan as well, more than once, too.

 

It would be amazing, but considering both Yuzu and Javi have skating in their own home lands as their priorities, it might be tricky. I personally do dream that Yuzu will start a skating school with a world-wide reach, which could have partnerships, exchange programs and so on with other schools and rinks around the world, including Javi's in Spain and TCC... Whether or not that - or anything like that - will happen is anyone's guess, though...

I was thinking the same thing. I even seem to recall reading somewhere that Yuzu said he'd like to be able to bring Brian's/TCC's methods back to Japan. 

 

Realistically, both Yuzu and Javi will in the future have big roles to play for figure skating in their respective countries, and Canada already has lots of good/ great potential future coaches. But it does speak volumes about how Brian sees both Yuzu and Javi that he would like them to take up the mantle at TCC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I've rewatched Yuzu's last competition in Moscow from a new perspective. These two fancams are so amazing (perhaps you know them already):

  Hide contents

 

I love them so much, because you can see the entire warm-up, performance, Pooh-rain, hugs and K&C moments from one perspective. In the official broadcasts with multiple camera angles you cannot really judge the huge ice coverage and speed that he actually has. I've never seen him live yet, but these clips gave me a rough idea. His aura and presence are so amazing.

With every new day I get more and more nervous about Worlds... but when I hear, how many young skaters love him, look up to him and believe in him, it calms me down and makes me happy:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:
Tomoki, Gogo, Roman, Daniel, Plushy Jr, little Voronov, the flower girls... now even Vincent said that Yuzu is "on a different level from the rest of us"... this is so encouraging and satisfying.

 

Wow, I had this open to watch later and finally got around to it. I started off with Origin and than was mighty confused, because I didn't remember him falling in Helsinki... well, duh, because this is Rostelecom. I thought his skate with an ankle injury was his world record skate until he fell. He's so amazing. :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

large.IMG-20190311-WA0008.jpeg.750172006f98ac3998068baa033ebd85.jpeg:xD:

I got my scorebook 😍😍

Now I just need to learn to play the piano 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SuperMin said:

I think his ESPN ranking is also limited by his lack of social following.  If only they could include all the fan sites and all the hashtags...

Found the explanation for the metrics  http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/WorldFame/espn-world-fame-100-2018 

 

I think ESPN just doesn't know what to do with Yuzu. 

 

This list has a few things going against Yuzu. Google isn't the top search engine where his strongest fan bases are but they only looked at Baidu for Chinese athletes and they didn't look at Yahoo at all.  

 

And ESPN doesn't cover figure skating outside of a tiny blurb during the Olympics.  I wonder if they would have even noticed him if it weren't for all the Poohs.  Apparently he was chosen because he was the 18th most searched athlete last year but I can easily see them overlooking him on the Google list if someone didn't already know who he was.

 

I find their endorsement numbers dubious.  They explain that they had to estimate if they didn't know for sure.  Did Phil Mickelson really lose $13 million in endorsements in 10 months?

 

ESPN uses the biggest official social media account to determine followers (rather than a total).  You would think that since Yuzu has no official social media, they could just use the most popular fan account.  Last year someone said that there's a weibo account with 500k followers - though that's a severely diluted number since people are more likely to follow an official account than a fan account.  Using 22 search score, 13.41 M in endorsements, and 500k followers - Yuzu has a higher score in 2 of the 3 metrics than 24 of the people ranked ahead of him.

 

5 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

i just rewatched some of yuzu's perfs this season and i am reminded of one thing...as good as i think they are, yuzu has been disappointed with himself after every freeskate :( the first time after aci, he was literally disgusted by the score. the second time after helsinki, he thought he would get at least 200 bc he did 4 quads, but he was so surprised it was 190 and that his total wasnt 300. then he was hopeful to make the 300 mark since he did so well in the short at cor only to get into that accident and couldnt give a dream perf with the free/do better than helsinki. it makes me sad bc i just really hope he can feel happy with himself esp when origin has such personal meaning to him. :cri:

 

like i know underscoring is the story of his life but i just want him to skate perfect. like idc if a perfect yuzu getting robbed at this point he just needs to feel satisfied with his perf 

 

The calls for that free skate were so bizarre.  The video I have didn't have a slo-mo replay for the toe that got called <, but both the axels looked shorter than either the loop or the toe that did get called.  From the angles of the video I was watching, I thought both the quads were within the requirements and both the axels were around the quarter. In fact, the loop looked almost backwards at landing - the only thing I can think is that the caller got confused because of the deep curve on the landing.  I can understand the mistake on the initial call but you would think it would have been corrected on replay - it didn't even look close to a quarter short to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jinxxoo said:

large.IMG-20190311-WA0008.jpeg.750172006f98ac3998068baa033ebd85.jpeg:xD:

I got my scorebook 😍😍

Now I just need to learn to play the piano 

Good luck.  I bought a piano that takes up half the dining room, lessons for five years and then gave up.  Don't think even Yuzu could help!  Ps.  The piano is too heavy to move.  :ohno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally everybody in the world: OMG, what with Yuzuru? What with his ankle?:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp: Is he ready? Can he jump? :14066882:What he jumps? What will be his layout?:59227c768286a__s: What if he will be robbed? Only 8 days until worlds... :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:

Yuzuru: I like cats because they are fluffy and cute.:tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22分鐘前, Paskud說:

Literally everybody in the world: OMG, what with Yuzuru? What with his ankle?:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp: Is he ready? Can he jump? :14066882:What he jumps? What will be his layout?:59227c768286a__s: What if he will be robbed? Only 8 days until worlds... :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:

Yuzuru: I like cats because they are fluffy and cute.:tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

 

you make me nervous with those question...........:LOL:

That are the question we all want to ask.....but.............we can't...........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×