Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Maya said:

 

My hypothesis: No, he is not human. He just once in a while seemingly casually does something that resembles us to trick us into thinking he is. This is the only explanation that makes sense to me for the things he does and the way he thinks and behaves. Anyhow, we could still aspire to be more Yuzu-like.

 

Like never ever wearing a suit that fits???? (don't mind me, I just saw the new CM and interview. How can someone whose on-ice costumes, and hakama for ultra occasions, be so perfect, so elegant and so fitted then have so many problems with a standard suit and tie?????) But you have to admit, it's one of his endearing little foibles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've rewatched Yuzu's last competition in Moscow from a new perspective. These two fancams are so amazing (perhaps you know them already):

Spoiler

 

I love them so much, because you can see the entire warm-up, performance, Pooh-rain, hugs and K&C moments from one perspective. In the official broadcasts with multiple camera angles you cannot really judge the huge ice coverage and speed that he actually has. I've never seen him live yet, but these clips gave me a rough idea. His aura and presence are so amazing.

With every new day I get more and more nervous about Worlds... but when I hear, how many young skaters love him, look up to him and believe in him, it calms me down and makes me happy:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:
Tomoki, Gogo, Roman, Daniel, Plushy Jr, little Voronov, the flower girls... now even Vincent said that Yuzu is "on a different level from the rest of us"... this is so encouraging and satisfying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lily* said:

We all know Yuzu’s clear, radiant skin has nothing to do with cosmetics. And he probably can’t use Sekkisei because its lotion contains alcohol, which he’s allergic to. But people are saying he is the embodiment of Sekkisei (雪肌精), which could be translated as “Snow-skinned Fairy,” rather than an endorser of it. I totally agree with them!:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: KOSE is a long-time supporter of figure skating. That's the only reason I can think of for his endorsement.

 

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

"In reality he's the guy who wipes his edges and his face with the same towel."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Veveco said:

 

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

"In reality he's the guy who wipes his edges and his face with the same towel."

 

 

That's a good point. He probably really doesn't have any skin care routine. I guess the universe actually is that unfair to us mere mortals :yznotimpressed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

 

That's a good point. He probably really doesn't have any skin care routine. I guess the universe actually is that unfair to us mere mortals :yznotimpressed:

You can really tell the universe has no sense of equity when it gives the same person immense talent, drive, grit, intelligence, and charisma, and then good looks and perfect skin on top of all that.

 

Well, I guess it did keep one thing away from him: the ability to find a suit that actually fits. :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how Yuzu's sister looks like. I mean he is slim with good complexion, maybe his sister is the same too.

Mama Hanyu looks very slender too, they are a very gifted family.

I am curious what deal Kose made with Yuzu that he accepted the endorsement deal.

The free product perks, the pay or something related to his charity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashley2162018 said:

I wonder how Yuzu's sister looks like. I mean he is slim with good complexion, maybe his sister is the same too.

Mama Hanyu looks very slender too, they are a very gifted family.

I am curious what deal Kose made with Yuzu that he accepted the endorsement deal.

The free product perks, the pay or something related to his charity?

 

Or maybe they promised him the CM and interview will all be about his figure skating and not really the product XD Nothing better to bait Yuzu than figure skating....but they must be paying a good sum or gave him something he really wanted (maybe charity) for him to come out of his cave to even make blog posts. I recalled after the Olympics,  there were news that the amount of fee for his commercials are in the top ranks in Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

 

"I had a moment today (...) and Yuzu is quading all over" 

Preach to us, Tracy :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TallyT said:

 

Like never ever wearing a suit that fits???? (don't mind me, I just saw the new CM and interview. How can someone whose on-ice costumes, and hakama for ultra occasions, be so perfect, so elegant and so fitted then have so many problems with a standard suit and tie?????) But you have to admit, it's one of his endearing little foibles...

 

Not sure about hakama, but skating costumes are made of stretch material, and his are custom-made. Most of the suits probably belong to the companies or the Japanese fed, or at the very least are store-bought and not custom-fitted.

 

At least he's Japanese and thus closer to the average proportions of his country's off-the-rack clothing than if he were American. 

 

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

 

That's a good point. He probably really doesn't have any skin care routine. I guess the universe actually is that unfair to us mere mortals :yznotimpressed:

 

I don't think anyone can have skin that nice without it being mostly genetic, unless wiping your edges and face on the same towel is actually the world's most effective skincare routine. (More likely, his skin genes are why he can do that, not that it helps his skin.)

 

Spoiler

I'd try that myself if not for... did anyone see Roman Sadovsky's video where he talked about people going into the bathroom with their gloves on and then going right back out onto the ice? If only that were the grossest I've seen at my rink. Using your blade towel on your face is probably only safe at international competitions. :laughing:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Maya said:

 

My hypothesis: No, he is not human. He just once in a while seemingly casually does something that resembles us to trick us into thinking he is. This is the only explanation that makes sense to me for the things he does and the way he thinks and behaves. Anyhow, we could still aspire to be more Yuzu-like.

A commentator said the same too, that he sometimes put random mistakes here and there to remind us he is a human (or make us believe that he is a human)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Veveco said:

"I had a moment today (...) and Yuzu is quading all over" 

Preach to us, Tracy :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Wait Yuzu is quading all over today? :P

On 3/4/2019 at 7:37 PM, yuzuangel said:

Can we get to 4500 members before Yuzu appears in Saitama 👀

one more  👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×