28 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I don’t think he would be the champion he is without the difficulties he faced in his formative years - the asthma, the loss of his rink, then the earthquake and tsunami, etc.  Somewhere someone wrote that you wouldn’t wish the experiences that forged Hanyu on anyone.  His family also are an amazing mixture of supportive and empowering, whilst keeping him grounded.  I’m not saying he couldn’t have had that kind of upbringing in a western society but it would have been a lot more susceptible to outside influences, peer pressure etc which might have eroded that iron will, softened that implacable resolve, distracted that impenetrable concentration.  

In Yuzu's case all obstacles that he had gone through, brought him where he is now and made him the person that he is today:

He's not brandmarked as a technical cheater or notoriously overscored skater. He gets what he deserves and deserves what he gets.
He's not an arrogant puppy and doesn't have a family who tries to exploit his fame. He's grounded and knows where he belongs.

He never forgets about his home, his origin and the people who paved his road to success. He always pays his tribute.

That's why he's beloved all over the world.

12 minutes ago, PoohandYuzu said:

If this is not yet seen...

Reveal hidden contents

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av45959567.html

Including cm and interview...

Just to quickly sum up the contents of the interview - he talks about how he pursues beauty in various aspects of figure skating, hoping to combine the beauty of spins, jumps, steps etc. seamlessly together. He also talks about not seeing nervousness (before a performance) as a bad thing but instead something that, when he accepts it, actually becomes his power and produces a different performance each time. He doesn't actually talk about skincare at all, only beauty in the context of figure skating :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Those good things are part of you now, storing them away for a while won't make them disappear. Plus, learning to be a better version of ourself is something we can take from him, too, isn't it? 

Very well put. Those who inspire us stay with us.

*I'm a person who does not watch/follow Yuzu all the time, but who still sometimes thinks "What would Yuzu do?" when confronted with something I would prefer to slack off about.:h99:*

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

since it's still March 11th in my timezone, I'm gonna pretend I'm not late for spamming some gifs* from one of the less known Requiem performances, from “24 Hour TV” 2015 (big thank you to Kaeryth's compilation otherwise I wouldn't have found the source, and thanks to yuzu_pino for the upload). Yuzuru was skating for the population of the affected areas. The occasion and the setting, with all that fog in the cold rink, make for a particularly eerie and intimate atmosphere:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: though I wish the cameraman wasn't shy with the close-ups and didn't almost lose Yuzu at a point :gaah:
*I originally meant to also gif White Legend and Notte Stellata, but.. alas! sadly days are not 48-hours long:tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp: (tho with all the the catching up I'd like to do, it's likely not even 72-hours long days would be enough....:13877886:

edited to add source.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

@anyanee I understand your feelings. I believe I was able to enjoy figure skating much more when I took scoring without questions and I had no real fave, and I'm sure I'd be much, much much less stressed if I cared a tiny bit less about Yuzuru achieving what he wants... sometimes it's really mentally draining.         

If it can be of any help, when worrying about Yuzuru, think that at least he has already accomplished what everyone else couldn't even dream of. Even if judges were to make him lose undeservedly in the future, it would be sad, it would make us angry, it would make him disappointed, but it wouldn't be heartbreaking. He's gone thorough Boston and the following months, he's gone through those 3 months before PyeongChang and he overcame all of them.                               

If you feel that the positive emotions you get staying in the figure skating fandom can't make the bad things at least endurable, it's good to step back.

Don't fear of feel guilty about the chance of moving on from figure skating. I'm sure that even if you were to forget Yuzuru, one day you'll rewatch one of his programs again, by chance, and you'll remember why it mattered so much to you, and you'll realized you haven't quite really let him go. You don't need to think about Yuzu everyday or follow the events he takes part in and watch his videos to keep cherishing the good things that he and his skating brought into your life. Those good things are part of you now, storing them away for a while won't make them disappear. Plus, learning to be a better version of ourself is something we can take from him, too, isn't it?  :11135030:  

please, take care of yourself, but still, feel free to reach out and talk whenever you need to let out you feelings too, without worrying about bringing gloominess. In case you haven't noticed, mood swings are commonplace here on the Planet:laughing: one way or another, something crazy or cute or hilarious will pop up and balance things out:10742289:

I LOVE requiem and hana ni nare too thank you

49 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Kose site is up!

CM

Interview

So my general reaction to this, other than 'Yay! New Yuzu content!' is that it was only a matter of time before some skincare company or other snapped him up, and I'm frankly surprised that it took this long. 

I'd lay even odds that the next beauty endorsement he gets will be for lip balm....

12 hours ago, kaeryth said:

It seems someone at John Wilson might be a fanyu too, just look at this poster. 

7 hours ago, anyanee said:

I understand everything you said. I absolutely know it's not his fault but I can't stop myself from thinking bad things. I feel really sorry to him. But I can't stand all the stress anymore. What can I do to stop all of these before it ruins my life?

Yuzu always finds a way to win, by being so much better than everyone else that biased judging just doesn't make a difference for him, so please don't worry about that. 

The only thing there is to stress over, is his injuries...those will give you grey hairs...and we have no control over that anyway, so just pray for him to be healthy and stay injury-free from now on. 

Also, unless your name is Patrick Chan, being Canadian doesn't help with the judges as much you might think. And PChan's retired, so stress not. :snpeace:

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Pssst... :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Golden suitcase 1: 10kg

Hide contents

Costumes, training gears, JFS jackets, sneakers, suit, casual clothing, towels.

Golden suitcase 2: 40kg

Hide contents

Golden mirror, five types of hairbrush, eyebrow tweezer, setting and fixing sprays, thirty different cremes, mascara, lip gloss, shampoos, baby lotions, facial masks, make-up and powder boxes, hair gel, lady shaver, nail files plus polish, golden toothbrush plus paste, dental floss, mouth rinse, foot bath care, 10kg tissues.

You forgot the painting. You know, the one that ages instead of him. 

6 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

This is beautiful, thank you :10742289:

27 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You forgot the painting. You know, the one that ages instead of him. 

Ssshhhh it's supposed to a secret !