Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It's ready!! My preview clip for Worlds in Saitama!!  :cri:

 

 

 

#Sidenote: This video was originally intended to be a preview for the Grand Prix Final in Vancouver, but right after Yuzu's injury at Rostelecom and his likely withdrawal I just couldn't bring it over my heart to cut him out... So I decided to recycle the old material and add some new touches like the profile pics.
4CC turned a few things upside down this weekend, but I hope it was worth the long wait :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

Am I bad to already be fantasizing about a jump battle between Rika and Yuzu at the WC gala?

:hihi:

I want sbs 3a-euler-3s for maximum chaos :003:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

What's even funnier, is that he legit used SE entry to some of those jumps, then ended up floating away just like that :darklordyuzu:

 

Troll, troll again Yuzu till the last moment ... even the entry made us believe !

 

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SKATING PORTAL ! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  I wish it a long reign :img_21:

 

Hey guys, @yuzuangel will be making an official post about our website launch here later today  but here is a new figure skating website we recently created! If you guys are interested in rewatching the men's SP and ladies' SP & FS, it's up on our website thanks to @LadyLou who shared the 4cc videos. We also have a lot of 2018/2019 competitions as well as other competitions prior to this season in different broadcasts/commentaries. Olympics, CWW, Eng subs that are taken down, Worlds... you name it. Hope you guys enjoy!

 

SkatingPortal.com

 

We're currently a work in progress. Lots of bugs and login issues. But that's what we need you guys for so please help us test it out. 

 

p.s. if you guys want to rant about figure skating, we have a thread for it lol

 

Something to water our cactus, hopefully. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

Am I bad to already be fantasizing about a jump battle between Rika and Yuzu at the WC gala?

:hihi:

Who can do the most 3A's in a row!  But the organizers are probably going to be party-poopers and try to hustle the skaters off the ice before anything fun can happen...seems to be a bit of a theme this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cronkite said:

I-Scope data by Fuji TV

4CC 3A (single jump ) 

 

Name   GOE Height (m) Distance(m) Landing Speed(km)

Keiji

SP +1.37 0.59 2.92 11.0
  FP +1.03 0.63 2.75 19.8
Shoma SP +2.97 0.55 3.37 20.7
  FP +2.63 0.53 3.14 19.6
Keegan SP -0.23 0.62 2.99 19.0
  FP +0.80 0.57 2.92 24.0
Jason SP No data      
  FP -1.71(<) 0.54 2.06 15.8
Vincent SP +1.71 0.58 2.53 19.9
  FP +2.06 0.50 2.54 16.0
Jun SP +2.06 0.54 2.51 21.1
  FP -0.43(<) 0.62 2.77 15.6
Boyang SP +2.29 0.56 2.40 19.2
  FP +2.40 0.51 2.45 17.5
Rika FP +2.51 0.54 2.70 10.58

 

If you find any error in numbers pls let me know. 

My take is that high/ long/fast don't always produce great GOE. Cant wait for Yuzu's perfect 3A at WC.

 

BTW this is my first post.  I am a chronic lurker but been here since the genesis of this site. All hail to the Admin!!

The one thing that really stands out is the length of Shoma's 3A compared to the others....besides that, the data looks like it's all over the place...no real correlations between, say length & speed or height & length  or GOE to any of them. 

 

I'd be curious to see a longitudinal study of jump data for one skater over a full season or two, to see how reproducible their results are (i.e. are jumps actually 'consistent'). Because at the moment, what I see in this data is that each and every last jump by each skater is a unicorn. None of them is like any of the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is talking about the anniversary of PyeongChang but five years ago on this day (13 February) Yuzu skated a perfect short program in the individual event and with that skate he became the first skater who scored above 100 points under the new judging system  :clap: Very nice memories. <3 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Everyone is talking about the anniversary of PyeongChang but five years ago on this day (13 February) Yuzu skated a perfect short program in the individual event and with that skate he became the first skater who scored above 100 points under the new judging system  :clap: Very nice memories. <3 

 

 

 

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

 

sorry i don't have anything more substantial to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

No practice today.

 

mine was closed too :

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cronkite said:

I-Scope data by Fuji TV

4CC 3A (single jump ) 

 

Name   GOE Height (m) Distance(m) Landing Speed(km)

Keiji

SP +1.37 0.59 2.92 11.0
  FP +1.03 0.63 2.75 19.8
Shoma SP +2.97 0.55 3.37 20.7
  FP +2.63 0.53 3.14 19.6
Keegan SP -0.23 0.62 2.99 19.0
  FP +0.80 0.57 2.92 24.0
Jason SP No data      
  FP -1.71(<) 0.54 2.06 15.8
Vincent SP +1.71 0.58 2.53 19.9
  FP +2.06 0.50 2.54 16.0
Jun SP +2.06 0.54 2.51 21.1
  FP -0.43(<) 0.62 2.77 15.6
Boyang SP +2.29 0.56 2.40 19.2
  FP +2.40 0.51 2.45 17.5
Rika FP +2.51 0.54 2.70 10.58

 

If you find any error in numbers pls let me know. 

My take is that high/ long/fast don't always produce great GOE. Cant wait for Yuzu's perfect 3A at WC.

 

BTW this is my first post.  I am a chronic lurker but been here since the genesis of this site. All hail to the Admin!!

@cronkitewelcome! Ahhh I see statistics can make people delurk, nice:devilYuzu: let's keep them coming!

as for the bolded part

:offtopic2:

Spoiler

yeah, big jumps have a lot of power that could cause a loss of control at the landing (longer jumps have higher chances of going off-axis too). Examples of too  much power would be Keegan Messing and Misha. Among ladies too, usually powerful jumpers aren't the most consistent. Small jumps are more 'efficient' from this point of view (and stamina-wise), tho of course then there is risk of not enough air-time. so there's a balance a skater needs to strike, also depending on his/her atheltic abilities and stamina. GOE may also depend on the entry (+1 if difficult, or judges can reduce GOE for long prep too...).

 

also re: comparative size of quads vs triples

asfaik quad>triple>doubles is the norm, or at least I only remember the opposite trend being specifically pointed out when talking about the axel only. Tho tbh I don't remember if it was only about lenght or about the height(time of flight) too...

We still don't know if 4A would follow the trend and be shorter than a 3A. Though most likely it will be higher(longer time of flight).

not OT but still about jumps:

Last season there was a russian anaysis of men's jumps (I'm sure it was discussed in the general skating chat) and while Yuzuru wasn't the one with the highest jumps (iirc he had the highest 4Lo tho...but the sample of 4Lo was small and the other skaters jumping it weren't 'big jumpers' anyway). While one can discuss about the accuracy of numbers, comparisons were interesting. It looked like the trend was: higher number of quads, smaller jumps. Maybe because smaller jumps are less draining and a skater can skate a whole program with many quads without being dead at the end:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:  Anyway, Yuzuru was among the few who could achieve the multiple quads while still jumping big.:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: (and this while also having programs packed with skating content between elements:bow: not bad for a skater who has never had stamina as strong point:biggrin:)

Yuzuru also combines jumping high with jumping long and that makes the trajectory of his jumps look particularly good:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

 

 

@Henni147 thank you for your video!:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

(and please keep them coming, I love them)

 

 

I have watched the most recent subbed snippets about Yuzur's earphones, Nobu and Uchimura and I have squealed repeatedly (particularly at the footage of OWG Yuzu)

It's the usual missing Yuzu hours for me:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: actually, it's go-to-bed hours so I'm out LOL:bed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG baby Zu. Melt my heart. So cute.:softYuzu:

About the video- I hope he’s getting paid for the endorsement of those earphones. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

OMG baby Zu. Melt my heart. So cute.:softYuzu:

About the video- I hope he’s getting paid for the endorsement of those earphones. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×