2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It seems Mr Button and I have the same pet peeve about those spins. I do hope Yuzu reverts to his beautiful, elegant, perfectly aligned head spin to end Origin. It was lovely. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

To be honest, I'm okay with every spin, transition and sequence of his COR performance minus that infamous 'butt'-spin (the official name is A-spin, if I remember correctly).

Beat me, but this position looks so unaesthetic and sinful to me... :embSwan:

52 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

To be honest, I'm okay with every spin, transition and sequence of his COR performance minus that infamous 'butt'-spin (the official name is A-spin, if I remember correctly).

Beat me, but this position looks so unaesthetic and sinful to me... :embSwan:

His arm makes it work for me. His PC Chopin A-spin was quite nice, too, I thought. Plushenko’s sticking-out head, though, I’ve always been irrationally annoyed by it. I suppose I can just use this as exposure therapy. :P 

I was always bothered by Plush's head sticking out too... ruined the aesthetic for me... esp in the scratch spin. That chin stuck way out, lol!!  Glad yuzu seemed influenced by weir and lambiel with the spins...

3 hours ago, Bilge said:

#YuzuruHanyu

He's so so competitive.  Wish you could see the end of this. X

2 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

He's so so competitive.

Isn't he? He's literally looking back at his "competitors" after the first turn to see how far behind they are :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Well, we all know how it ended.... 

10 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Isn't he? He's literally looking back at his "competitors" after the first turn to see how far behind they are :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Well, we all know how it ended.... 

Wonder who the others are.  Could be Boyang in red? 

3 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

from left to right: Yuzu, Misha, boyang, jun, shoma

4 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Misha Ge in red. But Boyang was there with Jun Hwan and Shoma as well.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Mikusha said:

BlueFlame for Yuzu has uploaded an eng subbed version of Javi's part in 'Another Stories'

Whoa that was fast :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: 

*preparing for another emo afternoon*

ETA

Re: Yuzu's A spins, my personal taste rates  owg chopin (hand behind his back) > Origin (hand on head) > usual one (bands on legs). Though it depends on the program, the one in LGC would have had the potential for...being not good 😅 but the speed and music make it go in the blink of an eye so I'm fine with that, I don't even really register: ah there's A spin.

Though... sorry Zu but A spin in is the only part of RJ1 that I don't like :68556365:it was just toooooo long. this imo shows that good speed is essential to aestethically save that spin.

But...there are other A spins that look very good, Boyang's is a bit more open so looks better to me and iirc Deniss too? Or was Roman Sadovsky?

But actually I once saw A-spin from some older skater, I think he was northamerican?not sure who tho) and it was awesome. Again, his legs made a very wide angle 

It's occurred to me that maybe A-spin position is one of those things that made Yuzu complain about having short arms?:10814716: 

20 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Misha Ge in red. But Boyang was there with Jun Hwan and Shoma as well.

Hide contents

Ha ha ha crashed n burned... But still managed to make a statement as he came over the line!   :thanks: