Here is an Interview with Brian Orser at Europeans ! Its basically the same as the ones we already but I thought that you might like to listen to it

Spoiler

Is it bad that I don't believe Brian when he says he doesn't know whether Yuzu is practicing jumps yet? Surely he knows what is going on at TCC... I'm feeling mind games and secret mode on :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg: (it is not a bad thing just to be clear, I'd rather have Yuzu able to train in peace than deal with everybody's expectations) 

Elle Japan posted a Yuzu-Javi tribute, with some beautiful pictures.

(And the captions sound hilarious with Google Translate :hihi: )

I watched Nathan’s skates last night on YouTube and to be honest, the skates are pretty good?  I know the scores are quite inflated (LOL at the 10s in PCS) but it was definitely worth 200+ for the free and 100+ for the short, given that he skated the high technial content clean and the jumps are actually quite good? (Not worth +5 GOEs but I think more like +3 and +4).  So, in my opinion, his SP is not better than Yuzu’s COR performance but his FS is better than Yuzu’s Helsinki performance.  

However to put things into perspective it would be expected because Helsinki was Yuzu’s first GP this season.  If Yuzu had not been injured and had been able to practice properly, I am sure his programs would also be almost perfect by now.  Even at COR, his FS was looking pretty good (performance-wise) and if he wasn’t injured there, he probably would have gotten a 210+ FS there.

I don’t know what Johnny said though...maybe people are over-reacting a bit though?

At the end of the day, there is no need to be bitter coz, who’s the one who’s got 2 OGMs :winky:

4 minutes ago, holina said:

I don’t know what Johnny said though

Something alone the lines of "nobody can beat this, not even Yuzuru".  It's the best I've seen Nate skate honestly. Pretty drastic difference from the GPF. But I do think a  2017 Worlds H&L Yuzu could compete with that with fair scoring. We'll see at Worlds I guess.  Yuzu just needs to focus on Yuzu.  

It isn't only a about yesterday's comments though. I still remember all that Johnny has been saying since the 2016-2017 season. For me personally yesterday's comments were the final straw.
Of course Johnny is entitled to his opinion but what I don't like is how two-faced he is and how he only praises Yuzuru when it's convenient for him.
About you guys saying "he just likes Nathan better", yeah his comments would be understandable if he were a Nathan fan but have you forgotten about the Olympics SP? I remember how cruel NBC commentators were to him and how they completely turned on him after he got 17th place.

My own 2-cents take on the Weir controversy is that, at the end of the end, he is an adult and he knew perfectly what he was doing. He knew that he would upset a lot of Hanyu  fans by bringing his name into it. He knew that he was playing the nationalistic propaganda game by selling the overscoring (though Nathan admittedly did skate very well, maybe his best ever). Weir is not a complete idiot. Regardless of his reasons (NBC paycheck? politik? true patriotic bias? only he knows), I'm sure he understood what would happen. So, while I will never encourage angry storms on social media, I'm also not feeling sorry for him about the backlash. He knew it would happen and chose to say those things anyway. His recent tweet just adds fuel to the fire. Honestly, worse things have been, and will be, said by commentators about Yuzu. I'm a bit disappointed, but I don't think it is worth that much attention (which has to be, at least in part, the intention of these comments) and I'll move on to happier thoughts.

hace 15 minutos , ruruzest said:

The first tweet is spot on but I don't agree with the narrative that "Nathan is suffering the most from all of this". No. The ones suffering the most are the skaters who aren't rewarded for their skills and work and have to watch him get uncalled URs, unjustified +90PCs and +5GOE (nationally and internationally) just because he's the favorite American.

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Lol TAT is such a fanyu! :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

So cute! She's kissing his ankle better:img_21:

2 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

Elle Japan posted a Yuzu-Javi tribute, with some beautiful pictures.

(And the captions sound hilarious with Google Translate :hihi: )

Who came up with those captions? They are hilarious:rofl: Oh I love Yuzu and Javi in the middle of this universe :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'm really not to worried about the judging coming up at Worlds.  For one Yuzu is a major cash cow for figure skating and because of his endorsements he has some pretty heavy hitters corporation-wise who have his back.  They won't want to see their boy mistreated by the judges.  Second, the competition is in Japan, essentially on his home turf.  They know they are being judged as much as Yuzu is being judged by them.  They'll do things right if they want to get out of the building alive (an exaggeration, but you should get the point).  Third, if Yuzu unveils a Nessie worth anywhere from 3-5 GOEs (not that I'm expecting but it's nice to dream) they'll have to give points not only for that but for everything else but even without Nessie the judges know they're on best behavior.

As far as Yuzu, himself, he'll skate what is needed to get the deed done.  It would be nice to see the TV audience share of the broadcast in Japan.  There won't be many TVs in that land that AREN'T turned to Yuzu.  Some final thoughts, however, in reference to Poohvalanches.  It's been ages since Yuzu has skated in front of his home-nation fans at home.  There are going to be so many Poohs tossed down onto the ice that they should schedule Yuzu to skate last for both SP and FS or have a real army of flower children ready to retrieve then.  We're going to see a cascade of Poohs that will top the charts.

One final thought and all of you hear won't like it.  If Yuzu unveils Nessie and takes gold, I wouldn't be overly surprised if, considering that injuries have kept him out of most of the last two season, Yuzu decides to retire.  Yuzu wants to keep skating before an adoring public and he'd like to see himself exiting in a blaze of glory.

I still think it is too risky for him to unveil Nessie on Worlds. Even his 4Lo took some comps to behave, while Nessie is a different monster altogether. 

At most he'll have 4Lo and try to milk GOEs from all his elements. 

I moved the posts about Nathan to Team USA. Although any posts also about Yuzu can stay here. Thanks:thanks:

25 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Who came up with those captions? They are hilarious:rofl: Oh I love Yuzu and Javi in the middle of this universe :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:rofl2:Oh my god I'm laughing so much right now. These captions translated in my language gives a very weird romantic vibe to the whole thing (like 'the romantic silhouette' or 'oh my god is it filmed? or 'Keegan is in between us'...). Anyway, this both gave me a good laugh and made me kind of nostalgic! 

28 minutes ago, micaelis said:

As far as Yuzu, himself, he'll skate what is needed to get the deed done.  It would be nice to see the TV audience share of the broadcast in Japan.  There won't be many TVs in that land that AREN'T turned to Yuzu.  Some final thoughts, however, in reference to Poohvalanches.  It's been ages since Yuzu has skated in front of his home-nation fans at home.  There are going to be so many Poohs tossed down onto the ice that they should schedule Yuzu to skate last for both SP and FS or have a real army of flower children ready to retrieve then.  We're going to see a cascade of Poohs that will top the charts.

They probably have not enough manpower so they pre-empted that. Based on Japan FAQ (weird they did not translate this in English FAQ), only spectators sitting at Premium section can throw flowers and gifts onto the ice. Premium section is so small!!!! I wanna see Poohvalanches!!!