Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Floria said:

Any translation says next year, but I think it means more next season because it makes more sense for a skater to count in seasons, not in years. Maybe it is just my wishful thinking, but getting stable 4A in 3 months after injury is quite hard even for Yuzu,

Oh, I agree that getting 4A in time for this season is virtually impossible. But I wanted to make it clear that he himself did not say "next season". And since this is Yuzu and we know he usually chooses his words carefully, I'm not sure he didn't mean it exactly as ambiguous as that. It could be he's leaving himself room so that, if by some miracle his healing goes even better than planned, then he can still try it. As well as leaving himself the option of not continuing next season. The chances of that are extremely minimal, but I'm not sure immediately jumping to the conclusion that that message is him confirming he'll continue for a season is good, either. Or maybe it's me not wanting to risk getting my hopes up for nothing ^_^; (It also reminds me of the 4Lz thing last season, when a lot of people were like "But he said he's not going to add the 4Lz this season!" and I would say: "Actually, he never said that. He just said he's not thinking about it, several months ahead of the season, which is not the same thing." So I tend to be extra careful with what he says and what he doesn't say ^_^; )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 48 minutos , KatjaThera said:

Oh, I agree that getting 4A in time for this season is virtually impossible. But I wanted to make it clear that he himself did not say "next season". And since this is Yuzu and we know he usually chooses his words carefully, I'm not sure he didn't mean it exactly as ambiguous as that. It could be he's leaving himself room so that, if by some miracle his healing goes even better than planned, then he can still try it. As well as leaving himself the option of not continuing next season. The chances of that are extremely minimal, but I'm not sure immediately jumping to the conclusion that that message is him confirming he'll continue for a season is good, either. Or maybe it's me not wanting to risk getting my hopes up for nothing ^_^; (It also reminds me of the 4Lz thing last season, when a lot of people were like "But he said he's not going to add the 4Lz this season!" and I would say: "Actually, he never said that. He just said he's not thinking about it, several months ahead of the season, which is not the same thing." So I tend to be extra careful with what he says and what he doesn't say ^_^; )

Yes, I think sometimes it is just us projecting our hopes and fears onto whatever he (or Brian etc) says. I didn't read it as a direct confirmation of next season, but I stay rather optimistic nevertheless :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Floria said:

Yes, I think sometimes it is just us projecting our hopes and fears onto whatever he (or Brian etc) says. I didn't read it as a direct confirmation of next season, but I stay rather optimistic nevertheless :)

I've already seen people taking it as confirmation, so I guess that's what made me really want to clear it up. Especially now when people crave good news, they're likely quicker to believe that. I tend to be more careful lol. But I think it's very likely you'll turn out to be right lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Straight to the heart :sadPooh:

Shhhh, it's okay. Now he can stand on ice. It's okay. :7562096:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just fancy a fresh strawberry cake...:tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw: Yummy:68468287:

 

 

 

16 yr old Yuzu in his first year in senior circuit with Nanami sensei.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floria said:

Yes, I think sometimes it is just us projecting our hopes and fears onto whatever he (or Brian etc) says. I didn't read it as a direct confirmation of next season, but I stay rather optimistic nevertheless :)

 

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

I've already seen people taking it as confirmation, so I guess that's what made me really want to clear it up. Especially now when people crave good news, they're likely quicker to believe that. I tend to be more careful lol. But I think it's very likely you'll turn out to be right lol

 

I would think at this point, Yuzu would have to decide season by season about continuing  and worlds is still almost 3 months away.  Like everyone else, I’m hoping he continues.  If able, I think he will come back since he still  seems he has personal goals to achieve and this year proved his skating was getting better!!! 

 

Reading about his PC Olympic struggle and :sadPooh:  And while we wait for his Worlds return and future, this MAD seemed fitting.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see more Yuzu content before worlds...and interesting comparisons. :gla:

 

 

And Ambesi interpreted as next season too, although he’s a super fan so he may be viewing it optimistically too. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picture this... Yuzuru shows up at Worlds 2019 to compete for the first time since CoR. In the SP warmup, he reveals a familiar light-blue costume and everyone in the crowd cheers. The warmup ends and it's his turn to skate. You hear the announcer say "On the ice, representing Japan, Yuzuru Hanyu... skating to Ballade no. 1 by Chopin"

(:darklordyuzu: just kidding)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MeowZu said:

Little sweetheart Zazura 

 

 

Lookie at this baby!!!

He wrote "ぼくとなかよくして、ありがとう。" And then added a little "くれて" after "なかよくして":68468287:

He also wrote "じまゆうた" in the beginning of the letter, but later on he wrote "きたじまゆうた":hihi: (漢字が難しいね。。。)

And he made a mistake in the last line, he wrote "わすないよ" instead of "わすないよ"

:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: precious fluffy mushroom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×