Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, SydneyH said:
  Hide contents

well if you think that knowing that Yuzuru is looking serious and that he is being picked up by Yumi-san and a driver and that him and Zhenya don't share an apartment is something relevant then maybe , when I say it's pointless it's because it really is (and yes Iron Klaus can drives me nuts too lol ) 

Oh, I agree it's pointless. But I rarely take anyone's opinions as facts. It's not personal. And like I said, maybe it's just me, but putting it like that, sounding all misterious only sparks my curiosity. *shrugs* In general humans are most curious about things hidden from them.

Those photos look paparazi ish so can we please not post/spread them around. Japanese fans avoid to share anything relate to that tabloid article.

Sigh they even stalk him in canada now :noshake:

ngh the article is dumb the only bright side is that it basically concludes there is nothing to any speculation about evgenia and yuzuru but its so unnecessary....

and the photos make me uncomfortable. the whole aspect of discussing how far he lives from the club etc also makes me uncomfortable. Like stalking. Toronto is supposed to be a safe place where he can train in peace and I wish thirsty tabloids trying to pull a dispatch on him would not disturb that peace. He has the open training session to allow journalists to get photos of him arriving etc. we do not need photographers creeping on the tcc parking lot to get photos uninvited. Like...i was an idol fansite, i had strict rules with myself to only go to take photos at places the idol was really 'working' or being an idol and i was supposed to be there; at broadcast stations, at concerts and festivals, at airport when they were flying to or from a schedule (some idols don't like this, some idols are fine; I had the idol tell me his flights or have his manager tell me flight times so I knew it was okay) I would never take photos at the practice buildings, at salons or in private time because I was not supposed to be at those places and it was not my place to be there.

Yuzuru is not an idol. The only time he should be being photographed is at skating events, open sessions he's invited journalists to, and photoshoots for endorsements. His training time is not the time or place to be harassing him. He should not have tabloids enquiring about where he lives etc. It's an invasion of privacy and frankly, nothing of value will ever be obtained by this because his daily life, including whether or not he dates, has nothing to do with his role in the public eye and he chooses not to share such parts of his personal life for a reason. Just because he is a public figure does not mean his rights to privacy should not be respected.

I hope tcc/jsf/whoever can do something to prevent such things from continuing. As much as I like seeing new photos of him and like when he is active, I do not want his private time to train and live his life infringed upon.

(he looks really good tho. looks like he's gained muscle in his chest especially)

Poor yuzu, he can't live a normal life even in Canada! :( he needs bodyguard to protect him from crazy stalker ..

Tbh this pisses me off quite a bit more, breach of privacy and being a decent human being aside, Yuzuru is usually so comodating to interviewers and reporters and such, I get you want to make money and all, but is it really worth it :20111123175551f36:

uuughh at this point I just hope whoever the tabloid sent didn't follow him back to this apartment(condo?). Not that the entire thing isn't terrible enough already, but f*** :14066882:

I mean look I'm desperate for Yuzuru content, but I'm not that desperate :tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5:

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

On the other hand, there was a comment on a Javi post on instagram some days back saying they couldn't wait to see him in Shanghai. That combined with this made me wonder if there's some event in China, maybe multiple locations... Though I'm not sure what it could be with Javi, Brian and Tracy all involved...

Javi has a show in Shanghai on 16th of September (SOI), but it has nothing to do with Brian and Tracy's trip.

2 hours ago, SydneyH said:
  Hide contents

well if you think that knowing that Yuzuru is looking serious and that he is being picked up by Yumi-san and a driver and that him and Zhenya don't share an apartment is something relevant then maybe , when I say it's pointless it's because it really is (and yes Iron Klaus can drives me nuts too lol ) 

See, that kind of journalism (and I use the term loosely) just makes me crazy. What does it matter who he's living with or not living with? There's this distinct undertone to that kind of coverage that implies the fans somehow own him, and I find that distasteful. I know it's a thing with Japanese idol media coverage but an athlete should be a different matter. 

On top of that, anyone following Zhenya's social media can clearly see that she's living with her mom and hanging out with Jason Brown. Zhenya's a scary level of open about her life. I don't see the need to dig and pry into the lives of these people beyond that.

I don't think this is "so late" compare to his usual standard. The media day didn't happen in this particular week like the past few years, but till now, it just a few days late. People seems to forget he's coming back from injury, so far he and his team taking thing slowly and carefully. And with new programs and rule changes, he might need a bit more time before skating in front of media.  

5 minutes ago, Katt said:

I don't think this is "so late" compare to his usual standard. The media day didn't happen in this particular week like the past few years, but till now, it just a few days late. People seems to forget he's coming back from injury, so far he and his team taking thing slowly and carefully. And with new programs and rule changes, he might need a bit more time before skating in front of media.  

I know, it's just that we are all getting quite impatient because all other skaters have announced their new program music! I just wanted to see an article with the names of the music no more or less. 

18 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I just wanted to see an article with the names of the music no more or less. 

It wasn't the case in the past years, so hardly worth waiting.

And not all skaters did announcements, afaik, Gabrielle and Guillaume even said that they has no intention to tell music before competitions. So each team decides what way is better for them.

13 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I know, it's just that we are all getting quite impatient because all other skaters have announced their new program music! I just wanted to see an article with the names of the music no more or less. 

Yes I get why some getting impatient. But I think Yuzuru will reveal when he's ready to share it. I don't want he feel the pressure of having to announce thing because of fans or media's demand. Just wait a bit more. We can do it :grouphug: