General Yuzuru Chat

Speaking of a Sendai skating program, here's a little tidbit I think hasn't been posted. :

[tweet]859598036711821313[/tweet]

It's amazing how things have come full circle, from the birthplace of Japan's FS roots to the birthplace of Japan's only two OGM in FS. :s_thumbsup

For those who can't see it well

Goshikinuma Pond is the site of a former moat, located north of the San-no-maru enclosure of Sendai Castle. In late Meiji era (around the early 1900's), foreigners began skating on this pond. Later, a German teacher taught students at the former Daini High School how to ice skate, and then those students strove to spread the sport nationwide. This is why Goshikinuma Pond is said to be the birthplace of figure skating in Japan and how the sport became popular.

A monument (created by Hiromi Okina), commemorating, the "Birth Place of Figure Skating in Japan" is installed in Goshikinuma Pond.

A sudden thought: what if he skates to Kimi no Na wa music...like Goshintai from the OST? He can edit the front part to add a few more highlights (e.g a bit more light percussion) or change one or two of the instruments at certain parts (such as using brass/horn instead of strings) like what a fan recreation of the same track did:

He can also remix it or mix it with other Kimi no Na wa OSTs with similar riffs.

A sudden thought: what if he skates to Kimi no Na wa music...like Goshintai from the OST? He can edit the front part to add a few more highlights (e.g a bit more light percussion) or change one or two of the instruments at certain parts (such as using brass/horn instead of strings) like what a fan recreation of the same track did:

He can also remix it or mix it with other Kimi no Na wa OSTs with similar riffs.

Esp since the film itself also has some ties to 311 earthquake, is Japanese but the instrumentation is Western enough.

I support Kimi no Na wa music :goe:

Then Studio Ghibli would also have music for him... [link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArsV7AFZBHY]Dragon Boy[/link] from Spirited Away has enough impact in my opinion (Hisaishi Joe again :pbow: )

Then Studio Ghibli would also have music for him... [link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArsV7AFZBHY]Dragon Boy[/link] from Spirited Away has enough impact in my opinion (Hisaishi Joe again :pbow: )

Or Summer Wars OST, Yuzu mentioned before that he likes the movie.

All 3 have similar melodies, so can be mixed.

Or Summer Wars OST, Yuzu mentioned before that he likes the movie.

All 3 have similar melodies, so can be mixed.

Olympic season. He won't choose some anime music.

Speaking of a Sendai skating program, here's a little tidbit I think hasn't been posted. :

[tweet]859598036711821313[/tweet]

It's amazing how things have come full circle, from the birthplace of Japan's FS roots to the birthplace of Japan's only two OGM in FS. :s_thumbsup

For those who can't see it well

Goshikinuma Pond is the site of a former moat, located north of the San-no-maru enclosure of Sendai Castle. In late Meiji era (around the early 1900's), foreigners began skating on this pond. Later, a German teacher taught students at the former Daini High School how to ice skate, and then those students strove to spread the sport nationwide. This is why Goshikinuma Pond is said to be the birthplace of figure skating in Japan and how the sport became popular.

A monument (created by Hiromi Okina), commemorating, the "Birth Place of Figure Skating in Japan" is installed in Goshikinuma Pond.

This is absolutely beautiful. Life is pretty awesome at wonderful coincidences like these.

not gonna lie I feel a little bit bitter that Sendai is not considered a fs powerhouse in Japan after reading this

But oh well

Love that idea! When I got to know that Hope & Legacy was by Joe Hisaishi my mind redirected me to Spirited Away immediately! I'm a big fan of Miyazaki films :love: And the powerful Dragon Boy piece was the first to come to mind, together with Day of the River for quieter and touching parts... It would be a dream come true! There's this perfect parallel between Yuzu and Haku, too: handsome, androgynous young man who's earcheese hole, powerful & mysterious, yet gentle as a river... A perfect combination of H&L and Seimei, now that I think of it :goe: Though for the same reason - repetition - it's unlikely to happen, I still love love love this idea :love: It'll always be in my dream...