General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Are the Japanese media hyping up marin only?

Sometimes it really does feel like that, but I think Mai and Wakaba went up against harder competitors. Ugh, anyways, I think they'll make Yuzu skate the SP since he's got too many WR with Chopin. If he goes clean again at Rostelcom with a Loop layout, he's probably going to break his WR again, right?

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

If he wins over Yuzuru, the pressure will double, I am sure. After all, he hasn't beat him in any competition yet, but he will be the defending National Champion, which is a weird set of emotions. Also, Yuzuru will feel tremendous kuyashii if he loses, and will fire up for Olympics. Mmh... I don't wish any of them to go into any competition with stress, so anyway it will go how it will go. 

Tbh I kind of feel bad for Shoma. The kid really seems to live for skating, and he really looks up to Yuzu, but he's also dedicated and single-minded enough that his goal is to surpass the one he looks up to. It really looks like he judges himself pretty harshly. He must feel very annoyed when performances he knows are not as good as his best are lauded as better than they are. He really seems to hold himself to higher standards than that. That kind of person usually doesn't take flattery very well. Like... Well, Yuzu himself, really. He knows when he's not done well enough according to his standards, and he corrects any suggestion that he performed better than he thinks he did. Except Shoma isn't exactly outspoken, so the fan wars rage around the poor boy...

31 minutes ago, Xen said:

Sometimes it really does feel like that, but I think Mai and Wakaba went up against harder competitors. Ugh, anyways, I think they'll make Yuzu skate the SP since he's got too many WR with Chopin. If he goes clean again at Rostelcom with a Loop layout, he's probably going to break his WR again, right?

JSF probably has the same rules as the last time around. Highest SP score holder does the SP, same for the FS. If it is the same person, he does the SP, while the 2nd highest gets to do the FS. So yes, if things remain as they are, he'll get the team SP, which might not be a bad thing. He's very comfortable with Chopin and yet can test out the ice prior to the individual. There are positives too.

And we'll see. No jinxing :10742289:

1 час назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

JSF probably has the same rules as the last time around. Highest SP score holder does the SP, same for the FS. If it is the same person, he does the SP, while the 2nd highest gets to do the FS. So yes, if things remain as they are, he'll get the team SP, which might not be a bad thing. He's very comfortable with Chopin and yet can test out the ice prior to the individual. There are positives too.

And we'll see. No jinxing :10742289:

The only thing that concerns me is the fact that Yuzu will want to give his best in team event too (regardless medal chances), so he'll have to concentrate on two SP performances. It worked well last time, hope it will again. The fact that it's Chopin is reassuring, hope it'll became his trusted weapon this season and he can skate it in his sleep.

I do not think doing 2 shorts at Olys would be an issue at all. I think he would embrace the chance to be on the ice and perform with the Olympic rings around him. He knows Chopin backwards and forwards, performed it daily during show season and the chance to get some Olympic nerves out would really settle him.  And performing with his teammates right there? He will love it. 

9 minutes ago, JobsCK said:

Brian's comments on the 4Lutz:

-Working on the 4Lz makes him jump the 4Lo easier.

-It's a strategy that, by tackling more difficult thing, makes him able to jump the other jumps.

Oh Brian...my coach did your strategy too. She made me use the lutz jump to get my loop jump better and more stable, and by the end of it I had a more stable lutz jump than loop jump. Unintended consequences? So how is that lutz stability now for our overlord, hmm? 

Hello

butting in to comment on pages ago (LOL this is becoming a habit, sorrynotsorry)

LOL sorry guys, I have a lot of feelings on Twitter. ANYWAY if anyone hasn't read the Ice Jewels interview, go read it for some teary feelings because Yuzu

https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/152938849872/ice-jewels-vol4-special-interview-before-start-of

@kaerb you are so cruel:sadPooh: now I must go and watch some soul-cleansing H&L :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Anyway, I had already read that interview but I couldn't find it anymore, thanks for the throwback:10742289:

I've realized that the tone of this interview starkly contrasts with what Yuzuru said about his Boston experience and his foot injury in Aoi Honoo II. In Aoi Honoo he kind of shrugs the whole thing off and tries sounding reassuring and positive, while in this interview he finally reveals the extent of his struggles, mental and physical alike. I think it's the kind of thing one can make after going through something bad, when that bad has been finally overcome and one can look back at those harsh moments with some kind of internal peace. So Yuzuru could talk about all of that in such an open-hearted way exactly because he had gone back to the ice, and he could skate and jump again, and the worst was behind him.

Also re-reading again his words, I'm even more reassured Yuzu won't rush and endanger his health anymore. Exactly because he went through all of that, he has matured a lot. Of course his instinct is to still go out and train as much as he can, but now he has a clear picture of how and why rushing isn't good, so he's more willing to listen to his coaches' advices when they tell him to take it easy (I still doubt the initiative to take it easy comes from Yuzu himself :P).

proud *elder sister* feelings here:tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:

*wants to give Yuzu a bear hug because she feels just so proud*:10742289::10742288:

2 hours ago, JobsCK said:

Brian's comments on the 4Lutz:

-Working on the 4Lz makes him jump the 4Lo easier.

-It's a strategy that, by tackling more difficult thing, makes him able to jump the other jumps.

so, if the 4Lz were to have problems, they'd fix them by training more difficult things...like 4A... just saying:slinkaway:

ETA LOL why jpn media seem to always choose the most awkward photos...:smiley-laughing021:that picture of Yuzu's fall is so hilarious..and his face after that, too