General Yuzuru Chat

But yeah no choreographer Yuzuru please, I'm sorry but he just sucks at it :embSwan:

He did one half-assed intro choreo for Team Japan at Marseille. I hardly think that's enough of a history to automatically call him a bad choreographer. :rofl2:

I don't think he is very interested in choreographing, anyway.

I was reading through the thread, and wasn't sure what cause the bemoaning of his choreographing skill :eh: :???: . So, thanks for the explanation. Anyone got links?

At 2.25 is Team Japan's intro.

xeyra said:
b138oo said:

But yeah no choreographer Yuzuru please, I'm sorry but he just sucks at it :embSwan:

He did one half-assed intro choreo for Team Japan at Marseille. I hardly think that's enough of a history to automatically call him a bad choreographer. :rofl2:

I don't think he is very interested in choreographing, anyway.

I believe he took part in the choreo of WTT's gala team performance too. Which is you compare to the Russians'..

I agree that he didn't put much thought into these particular cases, and he also doesn't look like he's crazy about choreographing as much as someone like Misha for example. But for some people the knack/natural gift comes naturally and they don't need to spend hours on hours to come up with something good. I just don't see it in Yuzu

I agree that he didn't put much thought into these particular cases, and he also doesn't look like he's crazy about choreographing as much as someone like Misha for example. But for some people the knack/natural gift comes naturally and they don't need to spend hours on hours to come up with something good. I just don't see it in Yuzu :s_dunno

I don't want to say this but most good choreographers I have seen are either ex-ice dancers like David Wilson, Lori, Kenji, Averburk, Peter Chev... (they're dancers of course they have good sense when it comes to choreography) or ex-skaters who did not have good jumps (Rohene, then Jeff for example, he was an amazing skater but his jumps...).

Great technician skaters (like Plushenko, or mama Orser) never become good choreographer. And actually they never seem to be interested in choreography

xeyra said:

At 2.25 is Team Japan's intro.

That's it? I mean, I am still undecided whether he will be good at choreographing, but that's not enough to base my judgement on. ;)  But anyway, thank you for the link!

Also, this is Yuzu we're talking about. What I admire about him is his ability to do whatever he puts his mind to. But also, he knows his limit, so... I'll just wait for him to decide what to do after his, hopefully still years yet to come, r********t.

That's it? I mean, I am still undecided whether he will be good at choreographing, but that's not enough to base my judgement on. :s_wink But anyway, thank you for the link!

Also, this is Yuzu we're talking about. What I admire about him is his ability to do whatever he puts his mind to. But also, he knows his limit, so... I'll just wait for him to decide what to do after his, hopefully still years yet to come, r********t.

Apparently he also contributed a bit to WTT Team Japan's choreo?

xeyra said:
yuzupon said:

That's it? I mean, I am still undecided whether he will be good at choreographing, but that's not enough to base my judgement on. :s_wink But anyway, thank you for the link!

Apparently, he also contributed a bit to WTT Team Japan's choreo?

This year WTT? I thought the choreographer was Nanami-sensei?

I'm gonna blame the choice of music for that :grin:

yuzupon said:
xeyra said:
yuzupon said:

Apparently, he also contributed a bit to WTT Team Japan's choreo?

:eh: This year WTT? I thought the choreographer was Nanami-sensei?

*shrug* It was mentioned in the previous page but I honestly didn't know. Thought it had been Nanami too, but knowing Yuzu he probably added something just for kicks.

I dare anyone to make good choreography to that ... monstrosity ... why they couldn't just do the KOI dance, or heck even something like the Russians, I have nooooo idea!

Yeah, the original music is horrible, the remix is even worse.

Lillamyrull said:
So I don't know if I should post it here or in the wedding thread. But who is going to hold the ceremony.

How about a wedding cake (maybe the one Yuzu made), or songs for the ceremony......

I am.

And this will all happen in the wedding plans thread. I'm just collecting the bits right now, on Tuesday the 7 days is up, and then 2nd phase of plans will begin, where we can decide about the cake, music, when we're going to actually do this, etc. Patience :D

Lillamyrull said:
So I don't know if I should post it here or in the wedding thread. But who is going to hold the ceremony.

How about a wedding cake (maybe the one Yuzu made), or songs for the ceremony......

Yatagarasu is going to hold it? :)

I'd like to have a wedding cake, yes, please. Filled with extra sweety Ghana chocolate. :space: 

p.s. I like your username. What does it mean?

sallycinnamon said:
I'd like to have a wedding cake, yes, please. Filled with extra sweety Ghana chocolate. :space:

I absolutely approve of that because as Minister I get to have cake too :D

Hold that thought for a few more days and then you can hash out the whole menu (NO yuzuru on it!)

Hanmgse said:
Yatagarasu said:
I dare anyone to make good choreography to that ... monstrosity ... why they couldn't just do the KOI dance, or heck even something like the Russians, I have nooooo idea!

Yeah, the original music is horrible, the remix is even worse.

I bet if Yuzu chose the music it would've been something really fun! :hachimaki: :space: