General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, the50person said:

I am ok with less than desirable programs rn cos it's still early and it'll be a good motivator, the only thing that worries me is JP media, who are inevitably going to compare shoma's first outing with yuzu's, and may possibly harp on the fact that even though yuzu is reusing his programs, he still can't beat shoma yadayada and all that crap. otherwise, i'm not particularly concerned.

Oh....Crap....please no.

2 minutes ago, anyanee said:

Oh....Crap....please no.

Let them do it. Yuzu said he messed up because he was thinking too much and focusing on chasing his strong performance, media pressure and hype is a real thing that affects him badly. Better to go into the Olys as not the favourite to win. 

Plus, the disgustingness of the JP media in kicking Yuzu down at his low points and all that speaks for itself, if anything it would make more people want to support yuzuru.

8 minutes ago, the50person said:

I am ok with less than desirable programs rn cos it's still early and it'll be a good motivator, the only thing that worries me is JP media, who are inevitably going to compare shoma's first outing with yuzu's, and may possibly harp on the fact that even though yuzu is reusing his programs, he still can't beat shoma yadayada and all that crap. otherwise, i'm not particularly concerned.

If I were Japanese media Who are truly worried for Yuzuru I would be happy actually. The last time his LP scored this low was NHK 2014 and he won GPF 2 weeks after that with stellar performance. 

11 minutes ago, hamaguri said:

I didn't notice the change!. Welcome back, SEIMEI!

The gold belt is shiny-er (now he's making me invent new words lol), the green and purple swirls are gone. I really like the new costume, I hope he keeps it. I am hoping for some Yuzuvier moments. They are so adorable on the podium ❤️ And yes definitely Welcome back, Seimei! 

21 minutes ago, the50person said:

I am curious as to why his energy felt lower though...also, can someone please calculate his stats of success entering fs as 1st in sp vs being the underdog? He is known for spectacular comebacks, but I'm curious about how they measure against each other.

Sochi was a similar experience. Hope his team can find a way to overcome it.

3 minutes ago, the50person said:

Sochi was a similar experience. Hope his team can find a way to overcome it.

NHK 2015 and GPF 2015 have proven that he can do well both SP and LP cleanly and place first in both SP and LP... but he has to be the one who goes last.

This time he skated 3rd again so his mentality might not be prepared enough. Oh well.. but he has to learn. No one is going to let him skate last every time.

Strangely I am not mad at him, if it were me last year I would be like: "People better protect Hanyu or I might strangle him right now and feed him to my cat!!!!"

But this year I am just: "It's Yuzuru, and his true nature will never change so... meh..."

12 minutes ago, the50person said:

Yup that's exactly what I'm afraid of. Leave it to the Japanese media to make a big thing out of nothing. they will undoubtedly compare Shoma to Hanyu again. Shoma  will be heralded as the new savior of Japan by the Japanese media and they'll probably say something about how Hanyu disappoints again or that this is the year he'll be surpassed.:facepalm:

Just now, meoima said:

NHK 2015 and GPF 2015 has proven that he can do well both SP and LP cleanly... but he has to be the one who goes last.

This time he skated 3rd again so his mentality might not be prepared enough. Oh well.. but he has to learn. No one is going to let him skate last every time.

Strangely I am not mad at him, if it were me last year I would be like: "People better protect Hanyu or I might strangle him right now and feed him to my cat!!!!"

But this year I am just: "It's Yuzuru, and his true nature will never change so... meh..."

I believe even if the Olys were tomorrow Yuzu can do a clean SP and FS and break WRs. The only thing is to keep his mental condition just right - no overthinking no nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Amura365 said:

Yup that's exactly what I'm afraid of. Leave it to the Japanese media to make a big thing out of nothing. they will undoubtedly compare Shoma to Hanyu again. Shoma  will be heralded as the new savior of Japan by the Japanese media and they'll probably say something about how Hanyu disappoints again or that this is the year he'll be surpassed.:facepalm:

Lol I am actually fine with that, Yuzuru will never care for the hype of Japanese especially when most of his time is in Toronto. Let Japanese media hype the unreliable status. 

Yuzuru will win Olympic and they run after him like crazy. Been there done that.