General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Yoa said:

From their website:

Can I bring my camera and take pictures during the event?
At Skate Canada events, spectators are permitted to use small point and shoot cameras for personal use only. The following guidelines will be enforced:
– No flash photography
– No camera bags in venue
– No use of professional cameras and/or detachable lenses
– Camera cannot interfere with other fans’ enjoyment
– Any resale of photography or posting photos on professional websites is strictly prohibited
– Absolutely no video recording is allowed. Only accredited coaches and team managers may be permitted to videotape their own skater/team from rinkside during that skater’s/team’s practice or performance. If athletes wish to obtain a video of their programs, they may purchase a copy from the licensed video distributor on site if applicable.

Spectators not abiding by these restrictions risk having their camera confiscated by venue security staff. Additionally, Skate Canada staff reserves the right to restrict use of other types of cameras should they feel the quality and/or type of camera fail to protect the athletes’ and/or event’s interests.

ehh was it the same last year? cos there were so many fan vids...

4 minutes ago, Yoa said:

From their website:

Can I bring my camera and take pictures during the event?
At Skate Canada events, spectators are permitted to use small point and shoot cameras for personal use only. The following guidelines will be enforced:
– No flash photography
– No camera bags in venue
– No use of professional cameras and/or detachable lenses
– Camera cannot interfere with other fans’ enjoyment
– Any resale of photography or posting photos on professional websites is strictly prohibited
– Absolutely no video recording is allowed. Only accredited coaches and team managers may be permitted to videotape their own skater/team from rinkside during that skater’s/team’s practice or performance. If athletes wish to obtain a video of their programs, they may purchase a copy from the licensed video distributor on site if applicable.

Spectators not abiding by these restrictions risk having their camera confiscated by venue security staff. Additionally, Skate Canada staff reserves the right to restrict use of other types of cameras should they feel the quality and/or type of camera fail to protect the athletes’ and/or event’s interests.

Since I'm a newbie in the FS world, do fans still try to sneak in cameras to get pics and videos anyways? Cus in kpop world, even if it prohibited fans still take pics and videos and periscope the event. :crazyshit2:

5 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

ehh was it the same last year? cos there were so many fan vids...

those look like pretty standard terms. It usually says that you can't take videos, but people still do it all the time.

Don't know about other places, but at least in Barcelona and Helsinki they never cared if people recorded stuff with their phones. They only got grumpy when people used flash photography

41 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

those look like pretty standard terms. It usually says that you can't take videos, but people still do it all the time.

Don't know about other places, but at least in Barcelona and Helsinki they never cared if people recorded stuff with their phones. They only got grumpy when people used flash photography

I still remember that genius that used flash photography during the practices. People. The mind boggles.

1 час назад, Pamigena сказал:

Yeah, even detachable lenses weren't a problem

2 hours ago, the50person said:

I heard rumours that no cams are allowed at ACI. Can someone verify if it's true or false?

Also, I heard another rumour about only ppl at Nagoya GPF being allowed to throw gifts and that no banners are allowed to be hung due to 'infrastructure issues'. Can someone also verify if this is true or false? 

Thanks!

During GPF Nagoya, you can throw gifts and bouquets only from the seats marked as “Arena” (see 座席図 in this page,) any day except December 10th.

When you throw a bouquet, please get it wrapped up and make sure its contents (petals, leafs, etc) won’t fell on the ice.

You can’t hang banners, but you can carry a banner in your seat as long as the banner is not wider than the width of your seat and wouldn’t obstruct other spectators’ view.

source (Japanese)

3 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

During GPF Nagoya, you can throw gifts and bouquets only from the seats marked as “Arena” (see 座席図 in this page,) any day except December 10th.

When you throw a bouquet, please get it wrapped up and make sure its contents (petals, leafs, etc) won’t fell on the ice.

You can’t hang banners, but you can carry a banner in your seat as long as the banner is not wider than the width of your seat and wouldn’t obstruct other spectators’ view.

source (Japanese)

The banner can't be wider than the width of the seat? D: That's rather small...

23 hours ago, xeyra said:

Is there anyone here who can edit Wikipedia? With the Olympic season happening and needing to keep Wikipedia updated with actual useful info regarding Yuzu, I went to check his wiki and may I say I find these under Other notable achievements a bit unnecessary? I don't think these are particularly important to have?

• The first skater in history to successfully land a quadruple loop in competition [118]. [and currently holds the highest score awarded for that element (14.57, 2017 World Team Trophy)] the part in [ ] can be omited
  • The first skater to successfully land 3 quadruple jumps in the second half of a free skating program (2017 World Team Trophy)[202] - I think this can be mentioned in the 2016-2017 season section?
  • The first skater to successfully land a quadruple toe loop-half loop-triple Salchow combination in the second half of a free skating program (2017 World Team Trophy).[citation needed] - He wasn't, actually. I think Yagudin did one before Edit: Actually, Yagudin did it in the first half. Still unnecessary, especially because all it does is give a second half differentiation.
  • Holds the record for quadruple toe loop (14.04, World Team Trophy 2017) and quadruple salchow-triple toe loop combination (18.71, World Championship 2017). - I find this information unnecessary, to be quite honest, both in Yuzu's and other skater's Wikis. 

I don't know if anyone else agrees?

Any information I get from PH and Wikipedia I try to share with my family.  I'm sure some of them may occasionally roll their eyes when my back is turned, but they're humoring me.  My husband, sister-in-law, niece and nephew are now fans. So, all information helps me to 'spread the love' about Yuzu.

For instance, I didn't know about the last stats regarding his quadruple toe loop and quadruple salchow-triple toe loop combination.  And, I can't find it on his Wikipedia page now, so has it been moved elsewhere or deleted?  If it has been deleted, where would I find these stats elsewhere to share?

6 minutes ago, Plumqueen said:

Any information I get from PH and Wikipedia I try to share with my family.  I'm sure some of them may occasionally roll their eyes when my back is turned, but they're humoring me.  My husband, sister-in-law, niece and nephew are now fans. So, all information helps me to 'spread the love' about Yuzu.

For instance, I didn't know about the last stats regarding his quadruple toe loop and quadruple salchow-triple toe loop combination.  And, I can't find it on his Wikipedia page now, so has it been moved elsewhere or deleted?  If it has been deleted, where would I find these stats elsewhere to share?

stats about yuzu's specific elements can be found here: http://skatedb.net/modules/skateDB/index.php?page=player&playerid=618 

you can see the success rates for his jumps, the highest amounts of points he's gotten for an element, his record pcs scores, success rates on jumps, if that was something you wanted to know about/share! this website also holds stats for other skaters, if you wanted to compare :happy: 

13 minutes ago, golden said:

stats about yuzu's specific elements can be found here: http://skatedb.net/modules/skateDB/index.php?page=player&playerid=618 

you can see the success rates for his jumps, the highest amounts of points he's gotten for an element, his record pcs scores, success rates on jumps, if that was something you wanted to know about/share! this website also holds stats for other skaters, if you wanted to compare :happy: 

Oh wow that is a useful website, thanks :thanks: I'm still finding my way around sources of news and info etc. so I find these really useful :smiley-love017:

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I love this new Death Note series we're coming up with: Death Note, starring:

Light Yagami: Yuzuru Hanyu

L: Yuzuru Hanyu

Ryuk: Pooh

Soichiro Yagami: Brian Orser
Misa: The Fanyus 

The Death Note: SP and FS Layout, or: the thing Yuzuru will use to kill us all. "The names of the elements written on this notebook... shall receive +3 GOE." 

I bet if someone made a live-action of death note with this cast, it would be a huge success, unlike the Netflix version  :laughing: (also please don't kill me for bringing back the death note discussion, I kinda missed it while it was ongoing :snonegai:)

8 minutes ago, golden said:

No lie, I got an instant headache over my left eye when I started reading this!  This is super helpful because the sports guys in my family are all about the stats.  

I introduced them to Yuzu using the video of his performance of Change - Live.  That has been the best video so far to use.  My husband loved it.  My son was confused.  He loved the music but had a hard time understanding he was watching figure skating.  Which was funny, of course.  He was impressed that a young skater could/would do such a cool skate to cool music. 

I still have a long way to go with some of the guys, but this will help me prepare.  Thanks!

I think I want to bring something up because as far as I can tell nobody's broached this topic - Yuzu's competitors this season.  I've been going over the competitor lists in the competitions Yuzu's in and it looks to me like he has it relatively easy, which isn't good.  This weekend his primary competition will be Javi and I think there will be attention to it.  NBC has an article headlining the Yuzu--Javi match-up, pointing out that those two are responsible for the last four World Championships.  Then at Rostelecom his only significant opponent would appear to be Nathan Chen.  NHK's primary competitor would seem to be Patrick Chan.  Which means that Yuzu's first competition with the person I consider the most dangerous this season in Yuzu's quest for Olympic gold, Shoma Uno, will be the GPF.  I might add also then will be the first time he faces Boyang Jin also.  That isn't good.  Yuzu needs to get a feel for what Uno's packing this season as early as possible.  Some might ask why Uno as his prime competitor,  just look at his record the first two years of his competing on the senior level.  It's formidable and much more dramatic than Yuzu's first two years.  In these last two seasons Shoma has skated in fourteen competitions and in all except three he has ended up on the podium, with five of those being gold.  In fact four of those golds were last season.  Also, remember that Shoma  came within just a few small points of beating Yuzu at Worlds last season.  Shoma had two good skates, while Yuzu had a bad SP and only beat Shoma by having a PERFECT FP.  I might also add that Shoma's already taken the gold at the first of his competitions this season, which means the boy is still hot.  I also think there's a danger of Yuzu having too easy a time before the GPF given the relatively light challenges he'll be facing before then.  I can only hope that he forgets about those challengers and focuses on just skating the cleanest possible programs.  If he does that he'll make it to that gold in Pyeongchang.  I remember a comment Johnny Weir made in one of his commentaries for NBC, when he stated "Nobody can beat a perfect Yuzuru Hanyu."  I think that still applies but it's possible to enter this season overconfident.  After all he's the reining Olympic champ, the reigning World champ and the reigning GPF champ, which means he's by far the one to beat this year (Actually he's been that ever since the  2013-2014 season, with mixed results the years since).  So, I just thought I'd raise the issue.

One more observation about Shoma - He's the only skater right now who some of the commentators are labeling 'complete', a label most often applied to Yuzu over the years, which means that Yuzu must pay as much attention to his PCS as to his TES to top Shoma.  That's why I'm saying Shoma is the biggest threat to Yuzu this season.

27 minutes ago, Plumqueen said:

No lie, I got an instant headache over my left eye when I started reading this!  This is super helpful because the sports guys in my family are all about the stats.  

I introduced them to Yuzu using the video of his performance of Change - Live.  That has been the best video so far to use.  My husband loved it.  My son was confused.  He loved the music but had a hard time understanding he was watching figure skating.  Which was funny, of course.  He was impressed that a young skater could/would do such a cool skate to cool music. 

I still have a long way to go with some of the guys, but this will help me prepare.  Thanks!

There's a couple of other useful sites for statistics too:

http://www.rinkresults.com/ -- this site allows you to sort through best elements and see which elements have the highest scores by skater, type of element, GOE or total score. It's a great resource.

There's also this new statistics site: http://skatingscores.com/

In here you can find ranking of PCS and SP elements per skater/competition. It's really interesting. But it's only updated with scores from last season and this one. 

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

I think I want to bring something up because as far as I can tell nobody's broached this topic - Yuzu's competitors this season.  I've been going over the competitor lists in the competitions Yuzu's in and it looks to me like he has it relatively easy, which isn't good.  This weekend his primary competition will be Javi and I think there will be attention to it.  NBC has an article headlining the Yuzu--Javi match-up, pointing out that those two are responsible for the last four World Championships.  Then at Rostelecom his only significant opponent would appear to be Nathan Chen.  NHK's primary competitor would seem to be Patrick Chan.  Which means that Yuzu's first competition with the person I consider the most dangerous this season in Yuzu's quest for Olympic gold, Shoma Uno, will be the GPF.  I might add also then will be the first time he faces Boyang Jin also. 

Yuzu cannot face Shoma or Boyang in the GP series because they were all in the first seed from Worlds (top 3). The Top 3 and the Top 4-6 cannot face the members of the same group during the GP. So Yuzu cannot be in a Grand Prix competition with Shoma before they both make it to the GPF.

Edit: Also, since when is Nathan easy competition!? 

9 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Which means that Yuzu's first competition with the person I consider the most dangerous this season in Yuzu's quest for Olympic gold, Shoma Uno, will be the GPF.  I might add also then will be the first time he faces Boyang Jin also.  That isn't good.

True, but this is by design - they were 1, 2, and 3 at worlds so they can't meet each other on the GP until the final.