General Yuzuru Chat

33 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I'm DYING at this editing. He looks like Light Yagami for real, especially since the last thing they cut him saying and then FRIKKIN EMPHASISED WITH OMINOUS SOUND ECHO was 'it was all within my calculations' (計算済みです、全部) :xD:

anyway, his words don't really mean much out of context but what they chose to highlight was:

1. I was very angry with myself at that point

2. It was the first time I felt fear (narrator: the first time he felt fear in his skating life)

3. Narrator: he will also talk about his battle with injuries 

4. The big narration words: 'HARDSHIPS! THE WORLD RECORD! THE SHOCKING TRUTH/REALITY'

...ty Japanese TV

Everything has to be DRAMATIC and EXCITING and BOLD CAPTIONS everywhere in Japanese TV. What shocking truth? The fact he was skating these records already with signs of his later diagnosed Lysfranc injury? 

Note to self: I still hate that shirt. Open his collar, ffs. 

28 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Everything has to be DRAMATIC and EXCITING and BOLD CAPTIONS everywhere in Japanese TV. What shocking truth? The fact he was skating these records already with signs of his later diagnosed Lysfranc injury? 

Note to self: I still hate that shirt. Open his collar, ffs. 

Eh, I actually like that shirt-combined with the jacket, it makes his neck appear to be of a normal length...

As for the media, it's nice that they are doing a show on what he has managed to accomplish and overcome, which makes him sound so much more admirable once you consider what he faced.  It's a nice turn from the "rivals" angle that's being peddled elsewhere.

While I'm sure there's a lot of unnecessary drama in these titles, what I'm actually getting out of it is... how much confidence he must have to tackle this program again... Though in a way we've known this lol

I'm also pretty sure the SHOCKING TRUTH won't be shocking for us lol But for those who don't follow him so closely... Also I'm pretty sure his injury was already there then, although it did get worse later. It just wasn't diagnosed yet... Which, yes, does make everything much more impressive...

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

I'm DYING at this editing. He looks like Light Yagami for real, especially since the last thing they cut him saying and then FRIKKIN EMPHASISED WITH OMINOUS SOUND ECHO was 'it was all within my calculations' (計算済みです、全部) :xD:

anyway, his words don't really mean much out of context but what they chose to highlight was:

2. It was the first time I felt fear (narrator: the first time he felt fear in his skating life)

4. The big narration words: 'HARDSHIPS! THE WORLD RECORD! THE SHOCKING TRUTH/REALITY'

...ty Japanese TV

Well, Yuzu has a fair rival for his murder face xDDD 

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I super duper highly recommend getting a VPN. I don't know about you guyses's countries but in Australia the government monitors everything we do online and then stores it for 4 years (though whose checking it gets deleted after that) so a VPN is a must for privacy. Added bonus of being able to watch just about anything online. :) 

I also use it to trick the internet into thinking I'm elsewhere in the world. It's the only way around that pesky geoblocked everything in Japan.

6 hours ago, katonice said:

I can't get tired of watching this clip of Yuzu.

And it's the first time I've seen the part where Brian congratulates Yuzu soon after they find out he placed first.

Lots of feelings... :smiley-sad021:

I've always loved Yuzu's reaction. I don't think I've seen Brian congratulating him before. He looks so proud of his young precocious son. If it wasn't for fellow Fanyus, I would have never seen this clip. NBC never broadcasted it.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Eh, I actually like that shirt-combined with the jacket, it makes his neck appear to be of a normal length...

But he has a giraffe neck, flaunt it! 

I guess if the intention was to make him look like an ANA flight attendant, they got it right. :laughing:

Thank you, fellow satellites, for reminding that I need to rewatch Death Note and forget all about Netflix's remake

The DRAMAH in Japanese TV doesn't even bother me anymore. Between them and our own sports news (football reports, especially, are half-circus, half-fanfiction) I've become desensitized :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

3 hours ago, kaerb said:

...ty Japanese TV

Having no idea what they were repeating so ominously, I certainly didn't expect it to be "it was all within my calculations".  I assume he's referring to choosing to refine Semei for this season?  I am really liking this confident Yuzu.  He's not being boastful, just self assured.

And, I'm so glad that he's talking about his injuries.  First, the special regarding his asthma and now this. It's OK to talk about your injuries, Yuzu.  You'll never make excuses for yourself, but at least people will understand what you're dealing with.  People need to know "THE SHOCKING TRUTH/REALITY".  

2 hours ago, Xen said:

As for the media, it's nice that they are doing a show on what he has managed to accomplish and overcome, which makes him sound so much more admirable once you consider what he faced.  It's a nice turn from the "rivals" angle that's being peddled elsewhere.

I like the shirt too.  A LOT. It looks pretty cool with or without a jacket. Although I think his neck is just fine as it is.  :smile:

And, yes, I'm so glad that the TV programs are focusing on what he has overcome.  Not only is that motivation for all of us to "keep on keeping on" in times of hardship, but to also do it with grace as he does.