General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I'm procrastinating on an assignment so, naturally, my exhaustive yuzu intro post with all the links is finally done (keen for people to send me other recommended links so pls message me here or on tumblr if there are Iconic(TM) things I've missed lol)

http://kaerb.tumblr.com/post/165474968404/yuzuru-hanyu-an-exhaustive-intro-in-links

Thank you so much!!

5 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I'm procrastinating on an assignment so, naturally, my exhaustive yuzu intro post with all the links is finally done (keen for people to send me other recommended links so pls message me here or on tumblr if there are Iconic(TM) things I've missed lol)

http://kaerb.tumblr.com/post/165474968404/yuzuru-hanyu-an-exhaustive-intro-in-links

Wow, that IS exhaustive! Thank you for sacrificing your education for the good of us all! :snpeace:

9 minutes ago, kaerb said:

This is amazing. I'm going to follow every link. 

Though I must confess I'd never seen this so now I'm having some Exorcist vibes, geesh:

21 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Thanks for your compilation!!! :goe: for the dedication! =D

can’t dance but has no shame 

This is the only part where I disagree. I think Yuzu is a great dancer!  But, I'm a very terrible dancer myself, so who am I to judge? =P

2 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

Thanks for your compilation!!! :goe: for the dedication! =D

This is the only part where I disagree. I think Yuzu is a great dancer!  But, I'm a very terrible dancer myself, so who am I to judge? =P

I was going to say that from every video I've seen of him dancing to any sort of dance music (TCC hip hop footage, ShibSibs thingy, Choo Choo Train etc etc) that he really seems to have trouble not rushing ahead of the beat but in that link he seems fine for once! I wonder which day it was recorded (it's still pretty adorkable, though.) 

引用

can’t dance but has no shame 

lol. i think he can dance. you don't pull the kind of moves he does on the ice if you can't inherently do it. but when it's not part of a strict choreography (of which he's put in practice), or when he puts his own spin on to it beyond minor tweaks, he displays these habits that are very distinctive...i mean, if harnessed, it could become a unique style but it's not, so he's usually kinda wild and all over the place, like a yuzu-style pop-locking-flamenco three-way hybrid thing...think i even see a bit of unintentional dubstep moves every now and then xD he clearly doesn't know what he's doing other than simply "feeling the music" (though like @SparkleSalad said, he usually seems to hear the music half a beat or so faster than it actually gets played) and doesn't seem to care all that much, if at all. so i'm witcha on the no shame thing.

in fact, there's this rather interesting blog entry i recently came across talking about this special and rare quality of his, crediting it as a large part of what contributed to his success as a star. it notes that what makes him, and others like him, special is that he strikes a good balance between not being afraid to flaunt what he has and being able to flaunt it right (cos if you're not, you'd usually only end up embarrassing yourself). it's a potent combination of fearlessness, confidence and sincerity and i can't say i'm disinclined to agree. oh, but this person uses the word "narcissist" a lot because apparently, that's what they call people who are...less inhibited...in japan.

edit: it's this blog, if you feel like reading it. (it's a bit long...and the person also seems to like this other dude who's an idol)

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

This is wonderful! Thanks so much for putting it together :snpeace: