General Yuzuru Chat

About stress... funny thing is that I was more stressed watching figure skating last season than about many other things in my life. I was literally shaking during Worlds and I couldn't watch it life because I was so nervous so I just waited for results on twitter and later watched it on youtube. And I can say that my stress was actually increasing with every competition so for example I was more stressed about 4CC than GPF which is more important... I bet that science is involved.
I will call it the first Yuzu's law: The stress level is directly proportional to one's love for Yuzuru Hanyu. So the more you love him the more stressed you are.  

The second Yuzu's law: The amount of Brian's hair is inversely proportional to Yuzuru Hanyu's extraness. :knc_brian3: .

About broadcast... 

In Poland we have like 3 channels that broadcast figure skating: tvpsport, eurosport 1 and 2. Last season I am sure nhk trophy (didn't watch other gp events), GPF, European championships and Worlds were broadcasted. They even broadcasted some segments from 4CC. ISU had streaming for 4CC but it was geoblocked in some countries. I was so mad that I had to buy subscription for eurosport player to watch some categories which weren't broadcasted on TV. But later I was quite happy because they streamed  everything (usually it's only 2 last groups per category and sometimes they completely ignore short programs) and there wasn't any commentary so I wasn't influenced by the things commentators say. But it can be bad for people who don't know much about figure skating. Commentators on TVP sport sometimes say stupid things but I still like when they broadcast Figure skating. They later put videos on their website and they sometimes have free livestreams too when they don't broadcast on TV. They don't have commercial after every single skater like eurosport... But with Yuzu's Seimei there will probably be a lot of fanboying on eurosport so... I really hope that both channels will broadcast every grand prix event this season.

My grandma told me that there was a time when whole families would watch figure skating and they would broadcast even smaller competitions on national TV. Now figure skating is dead in Poland so I should be thankful that at least cable TV is broadcasting. 

43 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

All this talk about live streams are making me nervous! Can't wait for ACI.

As I'm currently in the US, I'm thinking if I should subscribe to icenetwork. I've heard lots of negative things about it and their articles are ridiculously biased, but I don't know what other streaming options there are. >__<  Or, are there ways to subscribe only to single sports channels?

Well... there's always the Russian streams....

The stream hunting is starting, huh? :matrix:

My number 1 site who's linking almost every stream available for any FS competition is the old http://soyouwanttowatchfs.tumblr.com/.

The best. It's a tumblr account ... but it has all ... 2-3 days before competition start, they post the streaming links, various of them, very detailed with schedule hours and time zone links (very useful for me, lol, I'm always in the loss with the hour thing)  ... this is how I found the chinese streaming link for US International Classic ... If I were to rely on my Eurosport RO, I would see almost nothing, they usually show everything else but FS, so annoying, :Sad: soccer and snooker especially (a bore for me) ... so streaming it is...

Sound like ISU sold it to someone who doesn't want competitions to be broadcasted free, even in countries that have nothing to do with figure skating :salty:. Last year I found Russian streams but the quality was inferior to the ISU stream, and some of them are hard to access, let's not talk about internet security with those illegal streams :Poohgaveup:

32 minutes ago, kaerb said:

asafkjalkajblkf this boy :embSwan:

I'm feeling irrationally happy right now.

(Also, or seems fitting that I got to try Ghana Choco for the first time while I'm Canada. I kept thinking of him nomming the chocolate while filming. It took a great amount of self control not to eat the whole bar in five minutes)

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm feeling irrationally happy right now.

(Also, or seems fitting that I got to try Ghana Choco for the first time while I'm Canada. I kept thinking of him nomming the chocolate while filming. It took a great amount of self control not to eat the whole bar in five minutes)

lmao someone on the Ghana Choco marketing team is giving themselves a high five right now :laughing: