General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

There's nothing to suggest that he won't revisit it in the future- I'd be surprised if the perfectionist he's known to be would leave it as it is so I would think you'll get it again at some point!

Omg a MORE matured Yuzuru in THOSE pants.....:10636614:.....although maybe he'll  just do it as an exhibition skate and wear the white.,, :heart:

34 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

It's interesting, everyone I know love LGC, even one of the commentators who has never been a Yuzu fan said that the program is a masterpiece and it's the best program he has ever made (!). Other people were surprised and liked that he chose an upbeat, funk-rock piece, something creative, different and unique, which he had never done before. Maybe it's also because Westerners are more familiar with Prince, I don't know, but it was very-well received. 

I love LGC. It's such a unique programme, which shows off his incredible skating skills, and his sassy rock star persona, which maybe did surprise some people! I loved the white costume too,,,( pic from weibo,credit unknown sorry)

lzhux1o.jpg

37 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

It's interesting, everyone I know love LGC, even one of the commentators who has never been a Yuzu fan said that the program is a masterpiece and it's the best program he has ever made (!). Other people were surprised and liked that he chose an upbeat, funk-rock piece, something creative, different and unique, which he had never done before. Maybe it's also because Westerners are more familiar with Prince, I don't know, but it was very-well received. 

Well, it's a matter of preference and perceptions after all. It could likely be culture too like you mentioned. I'm from an Asian country and people around all preferred Chopin. Similarly, I hang around a lot on solely Asian forums and video platforms and most did not really like LGC. but of course it still did grow on us (I started liking LGC around 4cc period). But like I said first impression is what matters in the Olympics. What's more, the majority of casual viewers in PyeongChang would be Asian I suppose. I still do know a couple of Asian people who loveee LGC tho XD

my roommate (not super into FS, likes Shoma tho) chipped into this convo that she thinks the LGC costume is hideous even if the booty is bangin' and the casual viewer might not appreciate the eyesore :( I love both programs though so *shrug* I would've been very happy if he kept LGC because it was a blast but I adore Chopin and think it was a sound decision.

It would be great as an EX though. If not for Pyeongchang, then some other time. TBH I think with Chopin and Seimei as his programs, a more fun and upbeat Ex would round him out and display all he has to offer as a skater - the softness and subtly of Chopin, the fierceness in Seimei, we need his fun/bubbly/flirty side getting a rep as well. 

5 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

my roommate (not super into FS, likes Shoma tho) chipped into this convo that she thinks the LGC costume is hideous even if the booty is bangin' and the casual viewer might not appreciate the eyesore :( 

It would be great as an EX though. If not for Pyeongchang, then some other time. TBH I think with Chopin and Seimei as his programs, a more fun and upbeat Ex would round him out and display all he has to offer as a skater - the softness and subtly of Chopin, the fierceness in Seimei, we need his fun/bubbly/flirty side getting a rep as well. 

haha gotta agree with your roommate ^^; it's great for me to see some usually not seen stuff but not sure if I really want notice stuff so much when watching a competition program ^^;;;. now that the previous season is over tho, I love rewatching and appreciating the costume XD

and yes I want a firtly fun EX

4 時間前, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

Oh and I think Shirota is ANA, but that's just from what I've seen around, myself.

I see. Thanks!

As for everything else, my post was made originally to express my disagreement with Ms. Shirota's insinuation of LGC being less worthy as the SP of choice for the reigning OGM going into the Olympics. It's not. It's every bit as worthy as Chopin is. If not for the issues he's had with it, he'd do it right and with max confidence, and wouldn't that be a sight to behold? In its second season, it would grab new audiences by the head with both hands and force their captivation right off the bat and, whether they like it or not, thrill them to bits and pieces. That, or it'd die trying. It's just that kind of program. The opinions for it now might be polarizing, but when done to perfection, I'm very confident the general audience (save for the few really old and stuffy ones with an aversion to extroverted programs, or those with a very particular kind of taste, but even they won't be able to deny it's a well-executed program and a worthy tribute to a legendary artiste gone too soon) won't be able to not love it. The tougher nuts to crack among them, even, would at least give it a grudging approving nod, and remember it even if they hate its flashiness. Impact-wise, it's an all or nothing kinda program, which, coupled with its extremely tight choreo, makes it a huge risk. And because he wasn't able to harness it completely last season, and with the tight competition the current field presents and the scoring pattern of the judges, it's not one that's worth taking. And I get that completely.

As for his outfit, not leaving much to the imagination as it does (tho he'd likely have altered it for the new season but prolly not by much), it's exactly the kind of thing a star would rock and there isn't a bigger star in the sport currently than Hanyu. I'd even go so far as to say he's probably the biggest one the sport has ever had, male or female, and it has had some big stars in the past. So if you've got it, flaunt it, and all that. It would all just be a part of the program, because LGC is one giant distraction in itself. If you happen to be ironing your clothes while it's on, well, you'll probably find yourself shopping for a new shirt later. 

P/s: I don't even like song itself but as a Yuzuru Hanyu program, there's really nothing else quite like It. So yeah, as @CupidsBow has said, it'd be lovely if he could bring it back as an EX this season so the world can see it. Or, if he still wants to conquer it as a competition program, something else along a more upbeat vein would be good too.

I was disappointed that he chose Prince last season- if the idea was to pick rock music to reference one of the group of iconic musicians that died in the preceding year my choice would have been Bowie- but when you think of his costume legacy, perhaps it's just as well they went for Prince!

17 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

my roommate (not super into FS, likes Shoma tho) chipped into this convo that she thinks the LGC costume is hideous even if the booty is bangin' and the casual viewer might not appreciate the eyesore :( 

:drama: How dare they!? 

To be honest, I loved the outfit so much because it was such a Prince outfit and it fit so well with the music and the rockstar persona. The purple more than the white, too, even though white was what Prince actually wore on the inspiration for this costume. 

44 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

흥미로운 것은 내가 LGC를 사랑한다는 것을 아는 사람들 모두, 심지어 유자 팬인 적이없는 평론가조차도 그 프로그램이 걸작이라고 말했고, 그가 만든 프로그램 중 최고의 프로그램입니다 (!). 다른 사람들은 놀라지 않았고, 그가 결코 전에 해보지 못한 독창적이고 독특하고 독특한 낙관적 인 펑크 록 작품을 선택했다고 생각했습니다. 서양인이 왕자님에게 더 익숙하기 때문에 나도 몰라요.하지만 잘 받아 들여 졌어요. 

Yes! I love LGC!!! It is unique and funny as well as difficult. There are some skaters have high level skating. Yuzu present emotion, nuance and texture not only skating ability.

23 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

my roommate (not super into FS, likes Shoma tho) chipped into this convo that she thinks the LGC costume is hideous even if the booty is bangin' and the casual viewer might not appreciate the eyesore :( I love both programs though so *shrug* I would've been very happy if he kept LGC because it was a blast but I adore Chopin and think it was a sound decision.

:smiley-happy085: I've been thinking this for some time and, gah, someone finally said it! I appreciate his slower, softer, elegant and emotional EXs from the past few seasons, but for Olympic season as he went with Chopin and Seimei an upbeat (maybe rock) EX will round his repertoire off so well, not to mention it'll show how he can fit different styles of music.

26 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

haha gotta agree with your roommate ^^; it's great for me to see some usually not seen stuff but not sure if I really want notice stuff so much when watching a competition program ^^;;;. now that the previous season is over tho, I love rewatching and appreciating the costume XD

and yes I want a firtly fun EX

:rofl:mte

Tbh, for me I was just mad at myself for not appreciating the program enough for its complexity and fun as I keep being distracted by other *ahem* things that shouldn't matter to the program.

34 分ぐらい, CupidsBowさんが言いました:

I agree.  Then white costume would be great under Gala lighting :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

In general though, I don't trust the "let's go with what is less dangerous, let's go with the mainstream, let's go with the popular" reasoning. It tampers innovation and originality. I like warhorses, but there are so many classical pieces that have rarely been used. So many less classical pieces that deserve to be skated to.

I love Chopin and I'm glad Yuzuru skates to it and I think it suits him perfectly. But I don't thing LGC would have been a wrong choice, only because it is less 'globally' appreciated. Each performance is to be judged individually, there's no use to comparing such different performances.

In the end, Yuzuru is the one being unique. So, both Chopin and LGC are masterpieces. Hopefully, we will somehow see both at the Olympics, one in guise of Short Program, and the other in guise of EX. 

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

In the end, Yuzuru is the one being unique. So, both Chopin and LGC are masterpieces. Hopefully, we will somehow see both at the Olympics, one in guise of Short Program, and the other in guise of EX. 

He's already recycling two programs. I don't need him to be THAT much more environmentally conscious. :laughing: A new EX would be just fine for me. LGC EX for next season, on the other hand, I'm all for it.