General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Awwwwww.... I don't even understand what she's saying but she sounds so proud when she introduced pooh and said "Yuzuru Hanyu".  :rofl:

Haha, it goes like this: "Now I'll show you another interesting thing...   This bear was given to me by Yuzuru Hanyu. There are even pictures of the moment when he gave me this toy..." 

She sounds so shy and sweet, awww :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

LGC vs Chopin when it comes to casual viewers is definitely a matter of taste. It's also quite possible people who normally would like LGC-like music wouldn't be watching FS in the first place. I had actually never heard the song before seeing Yuzu's program, but I tend to like rock music, and the live concert-like performance was really awesome, so it was an instant hit with me.

To me, LGC is a lot more commanding and gripping than Chopin ever can be. But again, that's a matter of taste. Like I said, I understand the arguments in favor of Chopin, but I can't help but wish I knew what would have happened if he'd chosen to do LGC again. I guess we'll never know, though, so I guess arguing further is pointless. :snpeace:

There's nothing to suggest that he won't revisit it in the future- I'd be surprised if the perfectionist he's known to be would leave it as it is so I would think you'll get it again at some point!

3 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

If that's the case it's not something he would miss with the emphasis he places on getting the music absolutely spot on, and he was paying close attention to the arena at 4CC.

I didn't know if Yuzu was hearing what I was hearing while watching LGC on TV.  Every time I viewed it, the music had an 'echo' to it in all the competitions.  Then, when the audience started clapping, I wondered how he heard the music at all.  That would have definitely thrown me off.

I loved that program, costume and music.  Maybe we'll see it again as an EX like others have mentioned.  

LGC was one of those programs that brought me back to life  into the world of figure skating with its explosive energy and fire, it was something that I had never seen in fs before, so cool, so innovative :7938863: Wow.  But yeah, I guess I can imagine why some people can dislike it.. 

Then of course there was The Swan... 

Unfortunately, Prince was not known to Korea. In 80's, Korea had a censorship system and Prince was banned for obscenity of the lyrics. I also heard his music properly through Yuzu and I like LGC. Yuzu's performance may be the occasion to know Prince to Korean fans,  but most would have been unfamiliar.

Yuzupon didn't want to say it, but I will

I don't think the casual viewer during the Olympics will appreciate the Purple Suit. Costume-wise Chopin is a safer choice. The costume will influence their perception of the program even before he does it. I think costume matters to the performance especially if one is distracting.

As a new FS fan when I watched Yuzu in his Purple pants of sin I couldn't concentrate on his program at all because his perfectly rounded b*tt during his performance was too attention grabbing. Excuse me for my moments of shallowness. :10742290:

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

Yuzupon didn't want to say it, but I will

I don't think the casual viewer during the Olympics will appreciate the Purple Suit. Costume-wise Chopin is a safer choice. The costume will influence their perception of the program even before he does it. I think costume matters to the performance especially if one is distracting.

As a new FS fan when I watched Yuzu in his Purple pants of sin I couldn't concentrate on his program at all because his perfectly rounded b*tt during his performance was too attention grabbing. Excuse me for my moments of shallowness. :10742290:

As long as the distraction is positive, I don't think that's a problem ^_^ There might be some preconceptions, but... generally, casual viewers watching male FS might have preconceptions anyway.

23 時間前, Lunnaさんが言いました:

Links from VK group, don't know the original source :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

21224739_1491978044216225_44728663360489

21149039_268122793681808_599840736203191

21147809_1671800756166127_49066931528925

Someone might have already advised, but these are photos in the "Figure Skate Magazine" that I just bought :2thumbsup:

Many interviews of various persons concerned:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/フィギュアスケート-マガジン2017-2018プレシーズン-B-B-MOOK1383/dp/4583625219/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504092820&sr=8-1&keywords=フィギュアスケート+マガジン

I checked another magazine at a book store, and it looks pretty good.  It costs about 2,000 yen. Oh boy.  This one has a season events calendar (a desk calendar, separated from the magazine), and as already mentioned, with an interview of Shirota-san.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/フィギュアスケート日本代表2017メモリアル-SJセレクトムック/dp/4789962466/ref=pd_sim_14_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EYVYK7979RP6KGZ2NBCH

And "Kiss & Cry" magazine is about to be released.  It is said almost all articles are about Yuzuru:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/TVガイド特別編集-氷上の美しき勇者たち-2017-2018シーズン直前-羽生結弦選手-トロント直送便-Road/dp/4863366728/ref=pd_sim_14_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EYVYK7979RP6KGZ2NBCH

I'm afraid I cannot avoid to spend nearly 5,000 yen just in a week :facepalm:

(Sorry, I corrected and changed the data of the 2017 Memorial and Kiss & Cry) 

53 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

Exactly! I know many who became yuzu's fans because of Chopin XD. Also, there's what plush said about how LGC didn't suit Yuzu (not that I agree but still). Many commentators didn't really like it too. It's like Marmite (I love it tho XD)

I confess I didn't really like LGC at first, but anything Yuzu will grow on me haha. (but for casual viewers, there is no room for growth, it's the first impression that counts. it's either good or bad~)

It's interesting, everyone I know love LGC, even one of the commentators who has never been a Yuzu fan said that the program is a masterpiece and it's the best program he has ever made (!). Other people were surprised and liked that he chose an upbeat, funk-rock piece, something creative, different and unique, which he had never done before. Maybe it's also because Westerners are more familiar with Prince, I don't know, but it was very-well received. 

10 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

It's interesting, everyone I know love LGC, even one of the commentators who has never been a Yuzu fan said that the program is a masterpiece and it's the best program he has ever made (!). Other people were surprised and liked that he chose an upbeat, funk-rock piece, something creative, different and unique, which he had never done before. Maybe it's also because Westerners are more familiar with Prince, I don't know, but it was very-well received. 

I do remember Uncle Kurt and Carol Lane commenting they didn't think the program fit Yuzu before GPF but GPF changed their mind. 

18 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Someone might have already advised, but these are photos in the "Figure Skate Magazine" that I just bought :2thumbsup:

Many interviews of various persons concerned:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/フィギュアスケート-マガジン2017-2018プレシーズン-B-B-MOOK1383/dp/4583625219/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504092820&sr=8-1&keywords=フィギュアスケート+マガジン

I checked another magazine at a book store, and it looks pretty good.  It costs about 2,000 yen. Oh boy.  This one has a season events calendar (a desk calendar, separated from the magazine), and as already mentioned, with an interview of Shirota-san.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/フィギュアスケート日本代表2017メモリアル-SJセレクトムック/dp/4789962466/ref=pd_sim_14_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EYVYK7979RP6KGZ2NBCH

And "Kiss & Cry" magazine is about to be released.  It is said almost all articles are about Yuzuru:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/TVガイド特別編集-氷上の美しき勇者たち-2017-2018シーズン直前-羽生結弦選手-トロント直送便-Road/dp/4863366728/ref=pd_sim_14_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EYVYK7979RP6KGZ2NBCH

I'm afraid I cannot avoid to spend nearly 5,000 yen just in a week :facepalm:

(Sorry, I corrected and changed the data of the 2017 Memorial and Kiss & Cry) 

Argh! I have thus far successfully prevented myself from ordering more magazines! Is it time to cave?... :shakehead:

Interesting reaction from Kurt - didn't he do the 'Hello I love you' ex that might be considered a little too much for a teenager?

My DVD came today - cost me half as much again in customs and VAT, not to mention an exorbitant 'handling charge' that was more than the two put together ( thank you HMRC) but now I have something I can watch on the big screen !