General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, lilsailor said:

I failed my ALevels because I was too distracted by Yuzu/the Planet and now i have to repeat a year of school, whoops

Oh noooo, hope you'll do well next time! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: 

Oh the struggle of having to study while trying to keep up with everything here :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: 

We are all doomed with the Olys approaching :13877886:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

But..but there are children there! Isn't this 22 yo version of PW and Chopin a little too stimulating for the young minds lol :kitty:

But jokes asides it's pretty awesome that they have a big screen showing of zuzu skating at the rink! This can be very inspirational for the people learning to skate! :joy:

Re:balancing skating obsession with real life

It's hard, but thanks to the invention of smart phones I can be updated with Yuzu news while out with friends so that helped a little(I even streamed 4cc SP during an outing lol..my friends just think it's pretty funny that I am this obsessed but they let me have my five minute with Yuzu when he skated hahah)... but reading time does lessen for me too (unless it's reading Japanese biography of a certain skater :winky:)

5 minutes ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

But..but there are children there! Isn't this 22 yo version of PW and Chopin a little too stimulating for the young minds lol :kitty:

But jokes asides it's pretty awesome that they have a big screen showing of zuzu skating at the rink! This can be very inspirational for the people learning to skate! :joy:

Re:balancing skating obsession with real life

It's hard, but thanks to the invention of smart phones I can be updated with Yuzu news while out with friends so that helped a little(I even streamed 4cc SP during an outing lol..my friends just think it's pretty funny that I am this obsessed but they let me have my five minute with Yuzu when he skated hahah)... but reading time does lessen for me too (unless it's reading Japanese biography of a certain skater :winky:)

I've gotten back into skating, so in a way I'm really thankful for Yuzu. Last year I had a rough time, where I had low running fevers (or mild sickness) frequently. Due to work, the stress just built up. So I got inspired to take up skating again for my health. Now my health is a lot better. 

My friends are generally happy that I like Yuzu...kind of like "Oh really, so you're not an android? You mean you might actually feel something at times?" :facepalm:

Wow I almost missed all the addiction talk!

I'll just drop down my two cents then (kinda serious, so if you don't wanna get sad, don't read): I'm happy August is almost finished and September is coming. I'm happy I will have less time on my hands to see FS and Yuzuru's programs all day long. There is something as healthy obsession and unhealthy obsession, and the border is subtle. I think my obsession with Yuzuru right now is healthy, as much as an obsession can be, because I know it won't last forever (although my love for him and for FS will, of course) and I know I will be able to live without watching his videos every day. I want to be able to live without doing so, and real life will help me do that. I want to get pumped during competitions, and forget about it once I have to think about other things. Since I'm still coming out of a dark period (you could call it that or you could call it my whole life since a year ago lol) I didn't expect to approach Yuzu and FS in a completely healthy way, when I first got interested. I knew exactly I would get obsessed.  And I said, fine. It's much better than other obsessions you've had in the past, so you're forgiven, LOL.

As for my friends, the few close friends I have know about him, I've showed them videos and they like him a lot. Not interested enough to come to competitions with me, though, so I try not to talk to them about him. I'm lucky my sister enjoys FS and likes Shoma Uno so I can count on her for that, LOL.

I am surprised that some of you have problems because of the fandom, it is totally the opposite for me. Yuzuro really inspired me to work hard and his comeback at World's helped me overcome a writer block that nearly caused me to fall into depression. 

This may sound cheesy but it is totally true. Whenever I get stuck with my work , I watch that performance again to get motivated. 

I'm so sorry to read that friends were lost because they don't appreciate our space alien :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: my boyfriend hates more like absolutely jealous of yuzu too though so I relate I could understand where he came tho with my daily rantings about him

And the closest my friend has interest in figure skating is disney on ice :laughing: lol though my best friends don't mind my occasional rantings and photo sharings of yuzu in our chat group but they are not really interested enough to rant with me :rofl:That is why it's very fun being here and ranting with all of you! :10742289:

9 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I am surprised that some of you have problems because of the fandom, it is totally the opposite for me. Yuzuro really inspired me to work hard and his comeback at World's helped me overcome a writer block that nearly caused me to fall into depression. 

This may sound cheesy but it is totally true. Whenever I get stuck with my work , I watch that performance again to get motivated. 

This year as been and continues to be one of the hardest years of my life - and the last 4 have been absolutely theatrically awful - but I've survived and am trying to turn things around with every last fibre of my being using strength borrowed from this miracle skater boy. He's been very good for my body and soul. My other hobbies didn't really give me that boost so I'm fine with indulging this FS obsession.

:snpeace:

19 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Aww I'm glad to hear this obsession helped you.

I feel similarly actually! While being into Yuzu sometimes takes a toll on me emotionally (which is probably good bc I have the emotional range of a chair) Yuzu is a big motivator in my daily life. 

Seeing Yuzu and how he strives to be better in everything he does even though he already excels in everything (except maybe choosing suits and walking off-ice) makes me want to be better at what I do, too. This sounds cheesy, too, but everytime I'm stuck and sleeping seems like a more attractive alternative I think of Yuzu and it pushes me a little more and that little more really goes a long way. 

4CC (that yolo 3A) was a week before one of the most difficult exams of my major and I didn't just pass it- I was among the top students and I'm usually a mediocre doesn't-do-more-than-necessary kind of student. That really tells alot.

And as for converting friends to Yuzu... I failed multiple times. I think it's bc they get scared when i talk abt Yuzu. I'm usually a block of ice but when I talk abt yuzu I can feel my face flush and light up and hear my voic go up an octave. I think my friends are scared of the fangirl me :rofl: 

eta: What's also really inspiring about Yuzu is how in tune he is with his emotions and how confident he is in expressing them. I strive to be as honest with myself as he is...

Since we're talking about Yuzu-addiction thought I might drop in my two cents :10636614: I love reading/hearing people geek out about Yuzuru but I've failed to convert any of my friends TT I think one friend thinks i only like him cause he's Japanese 😑.... Im not that shallow......i find it really really hard to get emotionally invested in things (but once i do, i fall haaaard :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:hahah). Since we're sharing stories of how we got into FS hope you guys dont mind if i share mine hehe (its nothing special but i never get to talk about it:smiley-happy085:) I had already liked figure skating cause Im Korean and theres no Korean who doesnt know Kim Yuna lol. I used to occasionally watch her programs on YT. That led me to Yuzu's Olympic sp (bless YT recs) and omg i was taken aback by how FUN and charismatic (tho some may disagree haha) and how easy it was to get sucked into the joy of the program. It was so different to anything I'd seen before (which wasnt a lot...) and just the languid ease of movement (that hair flick(?) at the start KILLED me. Shot an arrow straight through my heart. Even though, yeah, it is kinda cheesy but i love it so much so fight me •_• hahah). So I replayed that video about 19384773 times but I didnt get emotionally invested. Until I saw the CoC crash and resulting fp and saw the f*ing (are we allowed to swear on here? ^^;) sheer determination and strength of character. Moved me to tears. Thats when i realised, this is a very special person. And the more i found out about him, i realised just how true that was :sadPooh: .

Now that was the longest post Ive ever written online so ill retreat back into my shell now :tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:

May I lighten the mood a little?. Was thinking of ways to gush about the wonderful young man we have the pleasure of being a fan of, so after discussion with a fellow fan,  we came up with the idea of us writing limericks to his amaziness....a limerick is a little 5 lined ditty with the first, second and last line rhyming....And the middle couplet too...,they're intended to amuse..:notamused:

This is an example!  I'd love to see what others can come up with 

There was a beautiful young man
Who beguiled many a fan
With his goergous face
He made hearts race 
And win gold medals he can!,

I have also not been able to convert any of my family :(  It's so frustrating because I know my sister would totally be sucked in if I could just get her to watch one video! I remember skype-ing Plushy / Yagudin YT links with her one night years ago, back in uni, so I know FS can at least pique her interest. I've tried everything from playing the videos on my laptop while sitting on her lounge, to playing the soundtracks loudly when she's in the house (she appreciates instrumentals), to pointing out the insane intricacy of his costumes (she's into sewing)... with no luck! I tell myself it's a process of attrition - I'll wear her down eventually... I need more strategies, though! XD

But also that's why the Planet is so important  - without it I would surely have imploded a long time ago! XD   

4 minutes ago, paperatoms said:

I have also not been able to convert any of my family :(  It's so frustrating because I know my sister would totally be sucked in if I could just get her to watch one video! I remember skype-ing Plushy / Yagudin YT links with her one night years ago, back in uni, so I know FS can at least pique her interest. I've tried everything from playing the videos on my laptop while sitting on her lounge, to playing the soundtracks loudly when she's in the house (she appreciates instrumentals), to pointing out the insane intricacy of his costumes (she's into sewing)... with no luck! I tell myself it's a process of attrition - I'll wear her down eventually... I need more strategies, though! XD

But also that's why the Planet is so important  - without it I would surely have imploded a long time ago! XD   

I've gotten 2 out of 3 family members interested but they can't even pick out an axel so it's not that much fun, really.