General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

omggggg my heart is melting so much ;; Iron Klause already translated the key things he says about asthma and @AsteroidB-612 basically said it all but the poor kid was so starstruck he basically couldn't speak, so the interviewer helped him out by feeding him lines LOL (to the extent the commentators were like 'she's like a mother!')

Interviewer: Tell Hanyu-senshuu what you like about his skating!

Sora: I like Hanyu-kun's jumps

Yuzu: Thank you! Which jump do you like the most?

Sora: Triple-axel

Yuzu: Ohh, I'm happy.

Interviewer: Would it be possible to practice with Sora-kun someday?

Yuzu: Yes, I want to! Let's do it? Let's do it, yeah? (he was like...trying to prompt Sora to say something but the kid could only nod, the poor thing)

Interviewer (stage whisper): 'I want to do it!' 

Sora: I want to do it

Yuzu: Let's do it when I return to Japan. 

No one knows the music artist he's collaborating with but they're all speculating.

(also sidenote: I grew up as a fan of KAT-TUN, ARASHI, so to see Kame and Sho reacting to Yuzu now remains so surreal ....also is that Koyama?????)

Aaaaaah... so cute! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp: Thanks for the translation!

43 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Here's the full video promoting the 24H TV.

ETA: Apparently, even some people in Japan didn't know he suffers from Asthma? (I might be wrong, if some kind soul can translate)

Also roughly translating the start of the video to give some background about Sora - he started skating 3yrs ago (he's in 1st year of middle school) and his interest was triggered after watching Yuzu on TV and thinking he also wanted to try skating. However, his mother initially said 'no'. She was extremely worried about his asthma and about whether he could do it; she was particularly worried about his stamina. There were many times where his mother thought it would be impossible for him to continue. There were instances where he would have an attack or couldn't breath and had to leave the rink. Even though she told him 'it's okay to quit', Sora would say 'I'm not quitting.' 

Also, they describe Yuzu's revelation of his asthma as his 'first TV confession' which is awkwardly translated but basically suggests the info about his asthma is not widely known (judging by the surprised reactions of the commentators). I'm glad they're shedding light on Yuzu's asthma this year - for me, this makes him even more astounding to have been disadvantaged in this way and yet still managed to achieve what he has.

(you can tell it's been a desert of an off-season despite all the FaOI stuff lol, Twitter is exploding)

17 minutes ago, kaerb said:

omggggg my heart is melting so much ;; Iron Klause already translated the key things he says about asthma and @AsteroidB-612 basically said it all but the poor kid was so starstruck he basically couldn't speak, so the interviewer helped him out by feeding him lines LOL (to the extent the commentators were like 'she's like a mother!')

Interviewer: Tell Hanyu-senshuu what you like about his skating!

Sora: I like Hanyu-kun's jumps

Yuzu: Thank you! Which jump do you like the most?

Sora: Triple-axel

Yuzu: Ohh, I'm happy.

Interviewer: Would it be possible to practice with Sora-kun someday?

Yuzu: Yes, I want to! Let's do it? Let's do it, yeah? (he was like...trying to prompt Sora to say something but the kid could only nod, the poor thing)

Interviewer (stage whisper): 'I want to do it!' 

Sora: I want to do it

Yuzu: Let's do it when I return to Japan. 

No one knows the music artist he's collaborating with but they're all speculating.

(also sidenote: I grew up as a fan of KAT-TUN, ARASHI, so to see Kame and Sho reacting to Yuzu now remains so surreal ....also is that Koyama?????)

The kid was really cute, too, but I like how Yuzu seems to naturally be able to talk to kids... I can't. I never have any idea what to say to kids ^^;

(And I know what you mean! I've been a KAT-TUN fan as well, so I still get a "*.* fandoms colliding!" reaction when they're on screen together lol And I think that was Koyama... Also, this year's 24H TV drama stars Kame and Shige! Another thing to look forward to!)

And I noticed the thinner as well, but might that not be some baby fat as well? Isn't that side picture from the first time he was on? And last year was after his troubles when I also think he mentioned he put on some weight... So I think this is more his natural state... or I'm just being optimistic ^_^;

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

The kid was really cute, too, but I like how Yuzu seems to naturally be able to talk to kids... I can't. I never have any idea what to say to kids ^^;

(And I know what you mean! I've been a KAT-TUN fan as well, so I still get a "*.* fandoms colliding!" reaction when they're on screen together lol And I think that was Koyama... Also, this year's 24H TV drama stars Kame and Shige! Another thing to look forward to!)

And I noticed the thinner as well, but might that not be some baby fat as well? Isn't that side picture from the first time he was on? And last year was after his troubles when I also think he mentioned he put on some weight... So I think this is more his natural state... or I'm just being optimistic ^_^;

LOL me too, I can never strike the right tone with them - either I talk to them like a normal adult or I end up feeling like I'm treating them in a condescending way. The kid seems extremely shy and the type to take awhile to warm up to people so I hope Yuzu can help bring him out of his shell if they do practise together (I was totally sweating bullets with the interviewer hahaha having a shy interview subject is always tough)

What's more surreal is that I basically left J-pop fandom about 7yrs ago, only occasionally checking up on KAT-TUN and now they're back again thanks to Yuzu hahaha. I can never escape. :embSwan: and omg yeah, it is Koyama! He looks really different at the end (did....he get a new nose or something??????) but during the broadcast when their faces were shown on the 'side box', I recognised him straight away.

Maybe! Also I guess last year, he couldn't practise for awhile so he may have put on some weight in the recovery process. Poor bb still does look tired though, I hope he stays healthy, that's all I ask for :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

13 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Also, they describe Yuzu's revelation of his asthma as his 'first TV confession' which is awkwardly translated but basically suggests the info about his asthma is not widely known (judging by the surprised reactions of the commentators). I'm glad they're shedding light on Yuzu's asthma this year - for me, this makes him even more astounding to have been disadvantaged in this way and yet still managed to achieve what he has.

It's not unusual that people with a harder and steeper road ahead actually do better than 'normal' people, so on one side it makes sense to me that Yuzuru's asthma prompted him to fight even harder, but on the other side, of course, one has to realize that he's only a human and what he has achieved so far is amazingly incredible. 

If more people know about his asthma, his fanbase will grow even more, I am sure of it. 

Also, I will cry so much wow. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp: