General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Katt said:

Uhm, Yuzu does look down in H&L, especially in the 2nd half, and his posture could be better. I don't have any problem with that, but I can see why some people feel bother. With an introspective program like H&L, its all depend on Yuzu to make it work, so I think people pay more attention to him, unlike Seimei, its the program can shine on the choreos. But when you have 4 quads 2 3A and crazy transitions everywhere, I guess I couldn't blame him for looking down a bit :laughing: I don't think all comment point out that is nitpicking ( sure some of them are ), its just thing could be better. His posture improve alot in the past few years, and I think its always the area that he pay alot of attention :smile:  

I am most bother by crossovers and bad jumps. When the skaters do too many crossovers I feel like it is a waste of money to pay money to see them. 

I am also bothered by too much posing. For example, I have no idea why the judges gave Oksana Bauil the Olympic gold in 1994 even though most things she did was POSE and POSE and POSE. And I might be the LAST one to prefer Nancy Kerrigan. But at least what Nacy did was more about skating than Bauil.

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

I am most bother by crossovers and bad jumps. When the skaters do too many crossovers I feel like it is a waste of money to pay money to see them. 

Who aren't bother by bad jumps ? :laughing: Uhm some skaters do make it look ok and somehow match to the music, but yeah, I don't like too many crossover, it makes the program look empty and predictable, especially if they have long setup before the jumps . Again, maybe I watch Yuzuru too much so sometimes I expect same things from other skaters :laughing:

Just now, Katt said:

Who aren't bother by bad jumps ? :laughing: Uhm some skaters do make it look ok and somehow match to the music, but yeah, I don't like too many crossover, it makes the program look empty and predictable, especially if they have long setup before the jumps . Again, maybe I watch Yuzuru too much so sometimes I expect same things from other skaters :laughing:

If it's not crossovers then a looooooong set up make me feel I just paid the money to see them do nothing on the ice other than their jumps (and many of them are ugly). Better to pay for the open practice then because they just jump there and there's almost no program at all anyway.

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Dammit I mixed them up, they do look alike tho xD

I noticed that too, But Maril is a cool pokemon so I can understand that! 

Also, since you bought up which pokemon would fit Yuzu... I present you... Glaceon!

60285012277bf6bc8bfb331bceb6fb90--art-mu

Well... Eevee evolves into glaceon near the ice... (And it's one of my favorite pokés...)

2 hours ago, kaerb said:

Gallade is Psychic/Fighting type which..........is basically Yuzu :laughing: Thinking about it, the Pokemon forms came quite quickly (this is strictly based off physical appearance and not who I think they'd have on their team as a trainer, which I may do when I'm bored and have a lot of time on my hands). APOLOGIES FOR RANDOMNESS in the middle of earnest skating discussion......... :xD:;;;;

Yuzu: Gallade (bonus: baby/primary form is Ralts)

500px-475Gallade.png500px-280Ralts.png

Boyang: Smeagle

500px-235Smeargle.png

Nathan: Murkrow

198Murkrow.png

Shoma: Shieldon (or Shroomish when he's hangry LOL)

shieldon.jpg

Javi: Growlithe (or Totodile or Wartortle....there's a lot to pick for Javi)

500px-058Growlithe.png

Patrick: Heracross (admittedly I struggled most with him!)

500px-214Heracross.png

I feel bad about this, but now that you mention it I totally see Patrick in heracross...

(Make the shiny version "dipped in ice wine", like someone said somewhere around here hahahaha)

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

He did! 

(because he didn't get step sequence 4 at GPF 2015)

He always take attention to his weakness first while everyone else see his perfect tech/skills first. He really is a perfectionist. :hachimaki:

If in the future he could landed 4Lz and 4A perfectly, what else he want to improve? Or.. will he be satisfied and leave the sport when he's on top? 

3 часа назад, yuzuuu сказал:

Yep Shoma is definitely artistically stronger ones but I just can't get rid of that feeling that his dramatic intense face looks uhh constipated if you know what I mean ^^;

His facial expression doesn't bother me much cuz I really enjoy him skating live (he has great presence on ice) and at the arena you can't see the face that much (it's not like TV close ups)))

8 minutes ago, Lunna said:

His facial expression doesn't bother me much cuz I really enjoy him skating live (he has great presence on ice) and at the arena you can't see the face that much (it's not like TV close ups)))

This is actually a really good point because I've seen people mention how they've changed opinions about a skater after watching them live; because it IS different. And expression is not as noticeable from afar. I think this may be why Zhenya's choreo has the miming and the more exaggerated theatrical expressions: to reach the audience IN the arena. It just tends to look a bit sillier on TV sometimes. 

It's so interesting to read people's thoughts on the topic of Yuzu looking down, as I feel I have a very different perspective on it. 

From my point of view I never really noticed an issue with him looking down more than before the season he did Seimei and actually found Hope and Legacy to be a vast improvement in that regard. 

For Hope and Legacy I really only notice the looking down in a "negative" way during one part of the step sequence - and it could be a choreographic choice to look down. Other than that I don't think he looks down any more than other skaters beside the occasional glance down after he lands a jump. I think it may also be more noticeable with Yuzu because he has a longer neck, so if his head is slightly tilted it's just easier to see than it is with others. LGC I never noticed him looking down, and for Notte Stellata the only time I thought it'd be nice if he lifted his head up a bit is during the opening twizzles as you can see his head dropping as he picks up speed while twizzling. 

For Seimei too it was really more noticeable for me during his step sequence but again I thought some of it was a deliberate choreographic choice given what we had seen of his meeting with Nomura Mansai. I thought it was to create impact and highlight by using a quick contrast between looking down, and then popping his head and gaze up. Besides that I actually thought Requiem is the program where he looks down the most, but that too I feel is largely attributed to the theme and choreography. 

The other possibility is that with the increased technical content this is Yuzu's way of focusing on his body and blades. Whether some of the looking down is a deliberate part of the choreography we won't know unless we asked Yuzu or Shae-Lynn, but really it's not to the extent where it becomes a distraction to the program and I felt he has improved upon this since last season already. 

24 minutes ago, xeyra said:

This is actually a really good point because I've seen people mention how they've changed opinions about a skater after watching them live; because it IS different. And expression is not as noticeable from afar. I think this may be why Zhenya's choreo has the miming and the more exaggerated theatrical expressions: to reach the audience IN the arena. It just tends to look a bit sillier on TV sometimes. 

My friend Marina said she finds Shoma the worst among top men (just above Nathan) after watching live. She said she is very bothered by his monotonous upper body movements. Her family is full of artistic people (her sister is a ballet dancer and now is teaching ballet). She thinks Zhenia looks better live than on tivi. 

My friend Margaret said she found Satoko flat in live competition. And that Boyang looks better live. So each person has their own taste.

Adelia said Marin looks nice in competition but other said Marin is noticeably more labored compared to Zhenia at Fantasy on ice.

19 minutes ago, meoima said:

My friend Marina said she finds Shoma the worst among top men (just above Nathan) after watching live. She said she is very bothered by his monotonous upper body movements. Her family is full of artistic people (her sister is a ballet dancer and now is teaching ballet). She thinks Zhenia looks better live than on tivi. 

My friend Margaret said she found Satoko flat in live competition. And that Boyang looks better live. So each person has their own taste.

Adelia said Marin looks nice in competition but other said Marin is noticeably more labored compared to Zhenia at Fantasy on ice.

So it all boils down to personal preference in the end, anyway, whether live or on tv or on fancam. You enjoy what you enjoy. 

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Dammit I mixed them up, they do look alike tho xD

I noticed that too, But Maril is a cool pokemon so I can understand that! 

Also, since you bought up which pokemon would fit Yuzu... I present you... Glaceon!

60285012277bf6bc8bfb331bceb6fb90--art-mu

I like Glaceon :smiley-love017:, but I think Yuzu fits more with an Articuno. Ice, flying and legendary :laughing:.

img-pic.png

42 minutes ago, xeyra said:

So it all boils down to personal preference in the end, anyway, whether live or on tv or on fancam. You enjoy what you enjoy. 

Yes. That's why I mostly look at aspects I can count, not the invisible aspects depends on the taste. For example is the technique correct? How many crossovers or turns the skaters do? How height the jumps can be etc...