General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I don't really know whether to read that as them expecting Yuzu to win a second gold or that they're hoping that someone else (Shoma) will do "like Hanyu before" and win gold :yznotimpressed:

By this point.. I'm already ignoring all media's expectation and solely focusing on Yuzu because I know arguing with them will only be a waste of my time. There'll be more nonsense throughout the olympic season :snbleh:

On 6/23/2017 at 7:44 AM, kamotejojo said:

:bouncinghello:@Upnights or michlmint@Insta right? Your video uploads are :8232307::thankyou: for always sharing them:67512117: 

Hello!  Yes, @michlmint on Twitter & Instagram!  I'm glad you enjoy my posts (but all credit goes to the skaters).  Thank you for your kind emojis :7562096:

3 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

By this point.. I'm already ignoring all media's expectation and solely focusing on Yuzu because I know arguing with them will only be a waste of my time. There'll be more nonsense throughout the olympic season :snbleh:

I just don't know if I'm being too cynical/pessimistic I guess.

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

What did he say!?

47 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Mmmh, approximately, Nobu asked her what she thought and what she planned for Olympics, and she answered something about working very hard this year, and wanting to work just as hard and do a strong performance for Olympics (I'm not sure if she meant at the Olympics or in occasion of the Olympic season). Then Yuzuru told her (kinda literal translation here) "But if you do it with all of your strenght, it's going to be okay". Or you could also say "Don't worry, if you put in all of your effort, things are going to be okay". So her reaction coul also be explained by the fact that there's not really an answer to Yuzuru telling you to work hard to reach your goals :laughing:

She also added she saved the song she really wanted to skate to and is using it this year for the Olympics (implying she went with a second choice last year).

I love how she couldn't even say thank you when he spoke, she looked so blown away that he was looking directly at her LOL  :embSwan:

7 minutes ago, kaerb said:

She also added she saved the song she really wanted to skate to and is using it this year for the Olympics (implying she went with a second choice last year).

I love how she couldn't even say thank you when he spoke, she looked so blown away that he was looking directly at her LOL  :embSwan:

Thank you for adding that! I totally missed it! And yes, her brain stopped functioning for a good 5 seconds HAHAHA

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

She's also a Yuzu fan (not sure if Sota levels though :rofl:) and frequently did his pistol pose.

Look at the way she greets him.. hahaha

SO CUTE~ To be fair, I don't think I would have fared much better if I had a chance to directly talk to my idol (and, let's be honest, would not be surprised if she has a lowkey crush too) at fifteen :laughing: 

Updated up until 2016 and done! (I've also updated the 2017 FaOI thread).

Personal thoughts:

• I continue to be emo about Hana ni Nare
  • When he collaborates with an artist in FaOI, he always engages with them in his numbers (he's so considerate and sweet)
  • I liked the first TFFT costume. Why did he change it to Elsa costume? (in keeping with the Frozen theme, they skated to 'Let It Go' at the finale of FaOI Toyama :rofl:)
  • Believe :tumblr_inline_mg15qnUpxW1qdlkyg:
  • Requiem :68811859:
  • He was so cute with kids + teaching choreography to kids (NHK Special Exhibition Offstage Special).
48 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Updated up until 2016 and done! (I've also updated the 2017 FaOI thread).

Personal thoughts:

• I continue to be emo about Hana ni Nare
  • When he collaborates with an artist in FaOI, he always engages with them in his numbers (he's so considerate and sweet)
  • I liked the first TFFT costume. Why did he change it to Elsa costume? (in keeping with the Frozen theme, they skated to 'Let It Go' at the finale of FaOI Toyama :rofl:)
  • Believe :tumblr_inline_mg15qnUpxW1qdlkyg:
  • Requiem :68811859:
  • He was so cute with kids + teaching choreography to kids (NHK Special Exhibition Offstage Special).

Thank you for your hard work! Such a dedication! This planet filled with so many awesome fans. You all are so amazing. No words can describe how grateful I'm to find and join in this planet! :snonegai:

I actually read Honda's reaction differently. Cos Hanyu said, "Just go out there and do your best, man," in a very blasé manner. He said it that way cos to him, it really is that simple. And since his best has delivered him results that are more like miracles for others, heck his best performances all look like miraculous wonders anyway, the look she gave him, to me, was more one that says, "Yeeeah, that worked very well for you sure, but it doesn't always work that way for us mere mortals...," and the flow kinda fits with Oda's follow-up cos then he went, 'Yeeeah, I went out there and did my best too, you know..." (tho it seemed to me more like he said it in the manner of, "It wasn't like I was half-assin' it out there when I was competing, yanno...") and Hanyu, probably realizing his tiny faux pas, effectively shut down the flow of where that was about to head towards by pulling his 'S' routine and jokingly warned Oda not to bring up Sochi, or so help him God he'll retaliate by bringing up zip-'em-up Vancouver. (I'm beginning to think this guy, despite his angelic looks, actually has a lot of dirt on others he can use as blackmail material, if he so chooses.)

That's what I took away from that part of the talk anyway. xD She could very well be internally imploding and going omg the Yuzuru Hanyu is talking to me I'm so not worthy, for all we know. >_<

8 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I actually read Honda's reaction differently. Cos Hanyu said, "Just go out there and do your best, man," in a very blasé manner. He said it that way cos to him, it really is that simple. And since his best is more like a miracle for others, the look she gave him, to me, was more one that says, "Yeeeah, your best surely is more than good enough, way more than good enough, like the world is prolly not even worthy of it, but it doesn't really work that way for the rest of us mere mortals...," and the flow kinda fits with Oda's follow-up cos then he went, 'Yeeeah, I went out there and did my best too, you know..." (tho it seemed to me more like he said it in the manner of, "It wasn't like I was half-assin' it out there when I was competing, yanno...") and Hanyu, probably realizing his tiny faux pas, effectively shut down the flow of where that was about to head towards by pulling his 'S' routine and jokingly warned Oda not to bring up Sochi, or so help him God he'll retaliate by bringing up zip-'em-up Vancouver.

That's what I took away from that part of the talk anyway. xD She could very well be internally imploding and going omg the Yuzuru Hanyu is talking to me I'm so not worthy, for all we know. >_<

When hanyu really did his best, the rest of men field had pressure on. :rofl:

And the audience see it as magical and miracle. A master at work. :snonegai:

1 時間前, sublimeskating said:

this is a great interpretation and i can see sense and logic in this too!

if yuzu said that to me i'd be feeling happy and WOW! but i can't assume that everyone's gonna react like me (i'm biased cuz i'm a yuzu fan) so i guess it all depends on the person...

Haha, well that's only how their conversation came across to me. It might come across differently to others. She definitely admires him, it's hard to imagine any skater, older *and* younger, r****d *and* currently competing, who doesn't at least acknowledge his greatness but she's also a competing skater who knows very well the struggles involved so...

That and the way he won Sochi does seem to be a bit of a sore spot for him, if his past interviews, his reaction whenever his FS there was brought up, and the subsequent deliver-results-worthy-of-a-champ-or-die-trying mode he's been in ever since are anything to go by. Which makes seeing what he'll deliver in PC reeeeeally something to look forward to.

Oh and I've edited the part about what I thought was going through Honda's head, btw.