General Yuzuru Chat

29 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I would be very very surprized if Yuzu competed post Beijing. 27 is the absolute maximum limit that I see him being motivated to skate up to. But they always say never say never... so who knows?

Yuzu was asked by reporters last year and said at 27 he'll definitely be retired.

At the present moment it's a question mark whether he'll even compete at Beijing. He did say a couple of times if he cant win the gold, he wouldnt go.

29 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

How the fuck is saying that the US fed might be using Chen and Liu's Chinese descent to create a story for the Beijing Olympics racist? No, don't explain. I don't wanna hear it. 

Because it's using someone's ethnic origins (which is imo very sensitive element of people sense of identity as well as voulnerable for building many stereotypes and prejudices) to  carry speculations and insinuations. I don't find it right at all. -> sorry not sorry for explaining

27 minutes ago, Purple said:

Yuzu was asked by reporters last year and said at 27 he'll definitely be retired.

At the present moment it's a question mark whether he'll even compete at Beijing. He did say a couple of times if he cant win the gold, he wouldnt go.

Yes I saw that interview. That is why I said 27 is the maximum limit. Besides he once said in 2015 that he will retire by 23, and focus on ice shows after then. But he didn't. 

He then said that an athlete hits their peak near 30 in an 2017 interview. 

I think he is human and his motivation wanes and grows depending on the situation. I would not rule out Beijing because he has never said no, and also said during 2019 ACI interview that if there is Beijing ahead of his goals it would be good. (You can search the video)

However, as a fan I would like him to retire at Beijing as long as Yuzu himself wants to. 

Any more beyond that, I believe even Yuzu cannot be competitive past 27~29 ish. 

42 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Yes I saw that interview. That is why I said 27 is the maximum limit. Besides he once said in 2015 that he will retire by 23, and focus on ice shows after then. But he didn't. 

I think he is human and his motivation wanes and grows depending on the situation. I would not rule out Beijing because he has never said no, and also said during 2019 ACI interview that if there is Beijing ahead of his goals it would be good. (You can search the video)

However, as a fan I would like him to retire at Beijing as long as Yuzu himself wants to. 

I think that that definitely depends on ISU...their crooked judging...and whether they follow through with "separation " of artistic skating and athletic skating medals🙄😥

Article regarding Google Search 2019:

"First responders who have saved countless lives and public figures, including Japanese figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu and BTS are also featured in this video. To say that this video will leave you in tears is an understatement since it is basically just a collection of everything awesome and wholesome in 2019."

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/news/this-tearjerker-video-of-google-year-in-recap-shows-we-were-all-in-search-of-heroes-in-2019/

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, this. Honestly, the word 'racist' is getting abused in some contexts and in some others where it is needed (Italy's suffering a lot lately for this reason) it is not spoken. 

How the fuck is saying that the US fed might be using Chen and Liu's Chinese descent to create a story for the Beijing Olympics racist? No, don't explain. I don't wanna hear it. 

This forum is mighty annoying sometimes. Can't stand the overly politically correctedness motivated by... what? The desire to see the worst in people that you don't actually know? 

And yes, I am biased because I respect Max as a sport expert and as a person. 

Depending on how and in what context this statement is instrumentalized I think it can be racist. Ofc I am not speaking about Ambesi's intentions here... but people aren't always intentionally racist. I also don't think he said anyone is trying to create a story (or a media narrative). He claimed that it is to their advantage that they are of Chinese decent and I think that is something that could be discussed as being racist.

Just because I needed. Post this here.

Spoiler

He skates so soft and gentle. He spins slower than in his comp programs and that gives me a feeling of kindness and healing effect.

Not sure if I can explain properly but his elements really changes its impression depending on how he performs. I watch this video when I want to cry and feel somehow healed afterwards. 

21 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Just because I needed. Post this here.

Hide contents

He skates so soft and gentle. He spins slower than in his comp programs and that gives me a feeling of kindness and healing effect.

Not sure if I can explain properly but his elements really changes its impression depending on how he performs. I watch this video when I want to cry and feel somehow healed afterwards. 

I remember when I first watched this video, I had waterfalls coming out of my eyes. :sadPooh:

But yes, the way he skates is truly magical to me. At times it looks and feels like he is the music. They way he skates differently (like with a different feel/aura) to all of his programs is amazing.

2 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Yeah, I think he said that once he feels he won't be able to win, he will stop competing because he absolutely can't bear to show his 'pathetic' side to the audience. Given how short FS careers are, especially with all the young upstarts, I'm definitely just cherishing all the competitions/performances he is putting out now seeing as retirement might soon be in the horizon. 

I think also in Brian's interview this year, he mentioned Yuzu had an announcement he wanted to make it 2020, and honestly I thought it might be a retirement announcement. But given that he just had this intense competition with Nathan, I feel like he is all fired up and ready to land some quad axels. I hope he at least does the 2020 season, gets his 5th GPF win, lands his quad axel and wins Worlds one more time, to bow out on a high. <3 That would be ideal.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Article regarding Google Search 2019:

"First responders who have saved countless lives and public figures, including Japanese figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu and BTS are also featured in this video. To say that this video will leave you in tears is an understatement since it is basically just a collection of everything awesome and wholesome in 2019."

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/news/this-tearjerker-video-of-google-year-in-recap-shows-we-were-all-in-search-of-heroes-in-2019/

I posted this to my Facebook page for all of those people I know who are clueless as to why I am such a Fanyu.  It'd be cool to put a story about how donations to Tohoku Disaster Relief | Japan NPO Center were stunningly high for Yuzu's birthday.  He's more than an elite athlete.  So much more.

24 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

His english :0 He was really on a roll during these few days haha 

I think, in reality, his English is far better than how he seems in interviews.  He talks to his coaches and the other skaters at TCC.  I just think he prefers to speak Japanese because he can express more fully how he feels and what he thinks. So much is really not directly translatable to English.

34 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

His english :0 He was really on a roll during these few days haha 

Summary of this interview:

Lady Lutzifer takes away the pressure from Yuzu's other quads.

4Lo's reaction: "Thank God, I'm no longer in the spotlight. It's so stressful to be no. 1 in the quad arsenal."

4S' reaction: "Oh yes, the music in the second half suits me much better. I'm so happy with my new home in the layout!"

3Lz' reaction: Wow! My big sister, quad Lutzifer, is so huuuge!! I want to fly that high, too!"

4T's reaction: "Our new nakama 4Lz gives us so much energy and confidence!"

3A's reaction: "That's all wonderful, but what about me?"