General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Well, get ready for actual drama to heighten everything wrong with this 'sport':

https://deadline.com/video/spinning-out-trailer-netflix-figure-skating-drama-series-kaya-scodelario-january-jones/

I love that they have Johnny Weir playing a pairs skater. I don't love that  this article doesn't even mention the skaters who are in this, just the actors. Actors, who cares? We're  all going to be watching for the skating anyway.

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

Anyway saying Nathan and Alysa get candies because they're Chinese-descent is pretty racist, even if I agree with them on other things.

by this logic, saying that nathan and alysa get candies for being american is also racist. well, racist or not, it is the truth. not sure about alysa, but nathan does not seem to enjoy much fame in china. part of the chineese are upset with him for his program a couple of years ago to mao's last dancer. yuzu has many fans in china and nathan beating him with inflated scores does not sit well with them. so i don't think he'll have it easy with the public in beijing. scores related, he's always fine, no matter where he skates. they gave him as much as possible in PC, but the short program was hard to recover from, otherwise he would have at least podiumed.

14 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I just scrolled a bit through the comment section of the "Google Year in Search" video on YouTube.

It's so nice to see people, who didn't know Yuzu before, watching his old performances and showing their excitement and appreciation.

I wouldn't be surprised, if his fandom grew today once again. This is really great :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Delurking after two years to say hi.

I just want to say that I am sure whoever edited the Google video must be a Fanyu. Someone in the comment section suggested that the theme of the piece is inspired by a song called Superheroes. Here is part of the lyrics:

All his life he's been told
He'll be nothing when he's old
All the kicks and all the blows
He won't ever let it show

'Cause he's stronger than you know
A heart of steel starts to grow

When you've been fighting for it all your life
You've been struggling to make things right
That's how a superhero learns to fly
Every day, every hour, turn the pain into power

The fact that the caption is “superheroes that can fly” when Yuzu appeared is definitely not a coincidence. The impact this dude has!

Just as the moderator said during the post PC FCCJ press conference, in a world of fake news, alternative facts and nonsense, Yuzu’s skating is the truth. Let’s just stay positive and celebrate the joy and inspiration that his skating brings to us.

1 hour ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Delurking after two years to say hi.

I just want to say that I am sure whoever edited the Google video must be a Fanyu. Someone suggested that the BGM of the piece is a song called Superheroes. Here is part of the lyrics:

All his life he's been told
He'll be nothing when he's old
All the kicks and all the blows
He won't ever let it show

'Cause he's stronger than you know
A heart of steel starts to grow

When you've been fighting for it all your life
You've been struggling to make things right
That's how a superhero learns to fly
Every day, every hour, turn the pain into power

The fact that the caption is “superheroes that can fly” when Yuzu appeared is definitely not a coincidence. The impact this dude has!

Just as the moderator said during the post PC FCCJ press conference, in a world of fake news, alternative facts and nonsense, Yuzu’s skating is the truth. Let’s just stay positive and celebrate the joy and inspiration that his skating brings to us.

Someone should definitely make a MAD or fan made music video of these lyrics as background and include this season's Yuzu videos 😎😎😎

I know this is off topic but I am so fortunate to be a fan of Yuzuru Hanyu. It's just so exciting to follow an athlete who is always striving to be better and lives up to the challenge. I can still remember stumbling across his Parisian Walkways program back in 2014 and was spellbound by his skating.  He has come such a long way and as a fan, I couldn't be more proud of him. I don't think the figure skating world will ever have a male skater that can match up to Yuzuru's caliber and popularity. He has solidified his place forever in figure skating history, and I just know that even many years after his retirement, they will still continue to speak highly of him and his record-breaking achievements. 

But I digress, I know we're only halfway through this season but who's excited about next season? I'm guessing he will have new programs and if so, I really want to see Yuzuru skate to a jazz or tango program! With his skating style, he can totally pull it off. 

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know, right? I'm always torn between wishing I had that much fitness myself, and admiring what he has going on. 

@Geo1 So to sum up, as far as Tourism Kelowna is concerned, Yuzu is welcome back any time. :snpeace: I picture all the nice old ladies working in the tourist information center doing this :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5: if he ever shows up again.

I'd be thrilled to be 1/10th as fit, but that would require me to actually work out regularly.  I also would have needed to start that two decades ago.  He's worked hard for all of that and we can admire away...

7 hours ago, mercedes said:

I'm sure they'll post the translation,they usually do...listening to it .

Max just said Nathan won and it's fine but of course GOE are nonsense ....basically what we have been saying since last weekend.

He laso agrees about Kamila and Alysa...this is a the bit about it....keep an eye on this account for translation.

not sure what having Chinese ancestors got to do with it frankly.

Thanks for posting this.

6 hours ago, kiches said:

My guess is Max is implying that there will be (and already has been) an attempt to build a media narrative leading up to the Olympics that draws on the fact that both Nathan and Alyssa have Chinese ancestry and that the Olympics are in China. If that's the point he's making, then I agree with it because we've already seen it clearly in play with Alyssa after she won US Nationals. I think ESPN or Sports Illustrated did that entire article about her and her Chinese father. I would assume a lot of Chinese people in China could care less, but from a US audience perspective I am willing to be they will be building up a story around it as we get closer to 2022. I'm sure something similar will happen with Nathan as well, and Vincent too if they all end up in Beijing. I'm sure NBC will try to play up the Chinese American competing in China angle and that Max's tweet is more about money and advertising in the US around Chinese American athletes competing in Beijing.

I think it’s a bit like this. The “going to the ancestral homeland/find your roots” type of theme, which may draw in some viewers. People love this sort of thing ...look at the popularity of DNA kits and family tree sites. (Although Chinese folks may not give a hoot about the skaters’ ancestors! I don’t really know.)

In my personal opinion, the reason ISU is over-scoring Nathan is because:

1. They need a backup top male figure skater when Yuzu retires to fill up his empty place, and they want to make it Nathan. They know Yuzu will retire soon, and thus needs to hype up another male superstar. They are hoping Nathan breaking Yuzu's World Records somehow proves he is the better new superstar. 

2. They need to create a rivalry between Yuzu and Nathan to keep the sport competitive, interesting for casual viewers. Everyone gets more attracted to sports rivalry

3. They need to create the ultimate rival story leading up to Beijing Olympics. 

At Sochi it was Yuzu vs Patrick

At PC, it was Nathan vs Yuzu

At Beijing, they need another one. 

4. They are somewhat tired of seeing Yuzu compete for so long, and want him out of the picture (just a theory, but why else would they mark Yuzu's PCS down like that?)

5. They are nitpicking on Yuzu and mark him down for the slightest weaknesses, because they expect him to be the god of figure skating. When he doesn't live up to their high expectations of "the perfect isu cash cow, pumps out clean program, world record breaking" yuzuru hanyu,

they are greatly disappointed in him

1 hour ago, RockstarYuzuru said:

I know this is off topic but I am so fortunate to be a fan of Yuzuru Hanyu. It's just so exciting to follow an athlete who is always striving to be better and lives up to the challenge. I can still remember stumbling across his Parisian Walkways program back in 2014 and was spellbound by his skating.  He has come such a long way and as a fan, I couldn't be more proud of him. I don't think the figure skating world will ever have a male skater that can match up to Yuzuru's caliber and popularity. He has solidified his place forever in figure skating history, and I just know that even many years after his retirement, they will still continue to speak highly of him and his record-breaking achievements. 

But I digress, I know we're only halfway through this season but who's excited about next season? I'm guessing he will have new programs and if so, I really want to see Yuzuru skate to a jazz or tango program! With his skating style, he can totally pull it off. 

I think it would be great to see Yuzu do a Taiko drum-based program with a natsu matsuri feel. It would be completely different from anything he's ever done and could be super high energy and fun.