General Yuzuru Chat

hace 34 minutos , fyere0 said:

We know he has people waiting eagerly for any reason to attack his character and call him a whiner,

I know, but that shouldn't happen. sigh... In my opinion skaters should have the right to question the judging, asking for transparency is not a synonym of whining...

7 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I recommend everyone to look at this. I just realized how really absurd the point difference in the SP was. Someone on twitter did an accurate rescoring which indicates Yuzuru should've been in the lead. The protocols are posted in the link.

You know what baffles me the most? When people talk about Nate's scores as if he was overscored by 5-10 points max.

Meanwhile I don't think he should ever touch 300 points barrier.

Yuzu once said in 2015 Asaichi he is allergic to alcohol. So why would Yuzu need a pink band during banquet anyway?

😆

On the side note about ice shows next year. Maybe what Yuzu needs is a break during off season. Doing Faoi shows back to back and not having summer break at all might be a heavy toll and heavy schedule. Or maybe he should focus on training 4A in summer? I think shows in Japan are great, i would love him to do Continue with Wings again. 

But Faoi national tour seems a bit too much sometimes.. 

Regardless of the drama, I am going to be happy to see Yuzu again at JNats.

I hope the JFed just this once will overscore him at Nats.

It may not be official but we want to boost his confidence before worlds.

Though Yuzu scores himself and most likely at a small percetage be moved by the hype.

I want hm treated as the hero and icon he is.

2 hours ago, liv said:

Sometimes, in the world of figure skating, if you protest too much about something,  there is a backlash against your skater...  it is a judged sport, those judging don't want to be criticized very much and can get defensive... and it turns out even worse for your skater. Tthis has gone on since I started watching decades ago... so you have to pick your moments, your words, do it behind the scenes etc...  yes, some Feds can get away with bold pronouncements  (the big, powerful ones), but not everyone.

Yeah, and some where in the avalanche of press after ACI '19, there is buried this little nugget of info that Brian did in fact speak to someone about the incompetent judging that happened at ACI. Which makes me wonder all the more about what certain judges were thinking while scoring Yuzu at GPF. 

the judging is the suckiest aspect of this sport, bar none. 

By the way, in case everyone's forgotten: Yuzu's official spokespeople are supposed to be JSF, not TCC. 

1 hour ago, tafattsbarn said:

This popped up on my timeline again and i needed to share it because honestly, it just never gets old :68468287: 

Also, lmao. True though ; - ; 

man, that made me miss Seimei all over again. I hope Yuzu revisits it someday. 

1 hour ago, ICeleste said:

I know, but that shouldn't happen. sigh... In my opinion skaters should have the right to question the judging, asking for transparency is not a synonym of whining...

but then it would be an entirely different sport, one that was actually fair.:fire:

I agree though. If there were some kind of official appeals or review process, or a way to challenge the call, things would seem a little less David (the skaters) vs Goliath (the judges).