General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

...well Shoma attempted 4Lo as the opening jump for his Olys FS Turandot? (The one he fell on). I don't know if he ever landed one previously (guess he did — well as others have commented he did).

I feel dumb now for not remembering that. 

Just now, yuzuangel said:

Will Yuzu ever go for a 4F?

He answered that question this past weekend. He basically said "Maybe someday, after I get 4A, I might train it then if my flip feels good enough. I would like to do a program with all 6 quads in it one time." 

So he's not ruling it out, but he's got other fish to fry right now.

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He answered that question this past weekend. He basically said "Maybe someday, after I get 4A, I might train it then if my flip feels good enough. I would like to do a program with all 6 quads in it one time." 

So he's not ruling it out, but he's got other fish to fry right now.

What about quints? :D 

38 minutes ago, lila said:

surely all these buzz will die down once we see them together for JNats as confirmed by Brian he will be there. im looking forward to seeing our TCC family together again and if possible Tracy too

I think Tracy can solve everything, bless her..... <3 No drama is allowed in the presence of Tracy, she will shut it down.

Shoma has 4lo in 2nd half of 2016-17 and Oly season. If I remember right, he has to place his blade abit different to land it, but this cause him another issues so he stopped doing 4lo after Olympic. 

Yuzuru said he landed 4F a few times in practice. I hope one day we could see it. His flip edge is getting better and tbh there's not many 4F in the field, let alone the a nice one. 

1 minute ago, rubyblue said:

Imo he's never landed 4Flip (real one) as well, but this is another conversation..

well he does floop, as his flips don't really have clear toe assistance, but I can't even imagine what he's 4Lze would look like, uhh.

4F is definitely very tricky for Yuzu but of course he can do a perfect one, if he devotes time to it, it's Yuzuru Hanyu. But as he said, 4A first.

19 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But has Shoma ever done 4Lo or 4Lz? I thought his quads were toe, sal, and flip only. 

In fact Shoma has landed 4Lo more often than 4S so far. His first successful 4Lo was in the second half of the 16/17 season, when LOCO was his free program. In Helsinki 4Lo was his opening jump, too. If I remember correctly, Shoma changed his boots and positioned the blades off center to land the Loop properly. In the 18/19 season he gave up on the 4Lo for whatever reason. Maybe the unusual position of his blades caused him problems in the long term. Does anyone know?

Folks, I just found out how the ISU headquarters look like :ohmygod::darklordyuzu:

Spoiler