General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Me and other 5 people screamed "Happy Birthday Yuzu" right after the music stopped at the end of the victory lap - we did it two times, and I screamed so hard that my heart skipped a beat and I felt like fainting LOL - I have a sore throat today but it was worth it if he could hear it. 

I actually did it too!!! I was in section 113 row 7 and when I (and a couple of lovely people I met there) heard the happy birthday reprisal we started singing our hearth out!!! I was particularly special because Yuzu was still almost directly under us! Honelty this time I think he clearly heard us. So glad we did it again :devilYuzu:

Hi everyone I'm back. I have a million things to say but I will say this. 

I think judges marked Yuzu's PCS down because he did recycle his programs. I know it is a pathetic excuse, but like TSL said earlier in the year, when push comes to shove, the judges will bring up that Yuzu repeated BOTH his programs, whilst nathan has 2 NEW programs. It's a dumb reason to mark someone's PCS down, but judges are always looking for excuses to mark Yuzu down because they think Yuzu will need to retire soon or something. I really hope this sends Yuzu a big message to try 2 new programs next year and bring something totally new and interesting to boost up his PCS scores.

I was worried this exact thing might happen at GPF, 4CC and Worlds, and it did. Yuzu's PCS was underscored severely for no apparent reason, no reason given. And then out of nowhere, Philip Hersh tweets that Yuzu's Otonal is boring because he repeated it. Figure skating journalists like Philip Hersh does have influence in the figure skating world, and I do believe that some people might be bored of seeing the same programs over and over. Other than that, I cannot think of a reason why Yuzu would get less PCS than Nathan, I just cannot see anything that would make that comparison valid. 

I would love to see ISU factor the PCS scores higher in Men's competitions to match the quads

I would also like the lost 30 seconds back in the free program, so men have more time to set up big jumps. 

I also want to see spin scores increased in scale in both SP and FS, but I know this will never happen because ISU has always under evaluated the importance of spins in a program. To me, spins are just as important as jumps in figure skating, but ISU doesn't see to think so. I think 3 spins per program is a perfect number. But I do not believe spins receiving such little points in comparison to jumps is fair.

Some skaters like Yuzu and Valieva have the top flexibility of their field and their spin positions are so unique, difficult and beautiful. I believe unique spins make skaters like Yuzu and Valieva really stand out from the rest of the crowd. And thus, I hope ISU someday give more points for spins in general. 

52 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Hi everyone I'm back. I have a million things to say but I will say this. 

I think judges marked Yuzu's PCS down because he did recycle his programs. I know it is a pathetic excuse, but like TSL said earlier in the year, when push comes to shove, the judges will bring up that Yuzu repeated BOTH his programs, whilst nathan has 2 NEW programs. It's a dumb reason to mark someone's PCS down, but judges are always looking for excuses to mark Yuzu down because they think Yuzu will need to retire soon or something. I really hope this sends Yuzu a big message to try 2 new programs next year and bring something totally new and interesting to boost up his PCS scores.

I was worried this exact thing might happen at GPF, 4CC and Worlds, and it did. Yuzu's PCS was underscored severely for no apparent reason, no reason given. And then out of nowhere, Philip Hersh tweets that Yuzu's Otonal is boring because he repeated it. Figure skating journalists like Philip Hersh does have influence in the figure skating world, and I do believe that some people might be bored of seeing the same programs over and over. Other than that, I cannot think of a reason why Yuzu would get less PCS than Nathan, I just cannot see anything that would make that comparison valid. 

Please, let's not spread this narrative anymore, because it's just an excuse to try to justify the PCS scores, when there is no justification. This was discussed elsehwere, too.

First, if judges minded repetitions, warhorses would get PCS reductions by default. The music is the only thing Yuzu repeated, what actually happens on the ice is much different and judges should be competent enough to realize that. There are so many skaters using the same music over and over again. Do their PCS suffer because of it?

Second, there is nothing in the rules that allows judges to score down someone for repeating. So even if it were true, it's still bad and random judging. There are clear guidelines for scoring PCS, for the most part. Those are not being respected.

And third, this doesn't explain the GOE drop. Even clean, Yuzu would not have won, because they lowballed him on GOE, for NO REASON.

So, no, that's just an attempt to justify what is obvious and intentional underscoring. Chopin set a WR on it's third appearance, btw.

Oh my the whole recycle program to excuse his score is ridiculous. It does not matter and never matter. Yuzuru is not the first to reuse program and won't be the last. If they want to give him low score, they can find every ways to do that. How can program can affect to jump's goe ???? Don't forget those phantom UR at ACI. Don't forget how H&L get low pcs despite being new. These days judges don't care about music choreo and all. Look at Danill's programs with boring partern get all the pcs in the world, look at Samsonov, Trusova, Anna get away with bad technique and shower with goe because they have Rusfed and Eteri bonus. I don't get it, recycle programs is just a strategy, like Nathan don't bother to put transisions to get the consistency. Its not as bad as cheat take off jumps like those ladies's quads. If judges want someone win, they will do that with all their power, look at P/C in ice dance, they even get WR for a messy perfomance. 

As for Philip Hersh or NBC, of course they would do everything to boost theri countryman. An US judge email to 60+ judges about how empty Plushenko's programs were and how he should get low score. They can do everything and run multiple campaigns to ensure the gold. There's a reason why NBC mock Yuzuru every chance they get since PC because he ruin their perfect scenerio. 

19 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Who organized the flower girl to give Yuzu the birthday cake during Kiss and Cry? 

Yuzu seemed to think the timing and place was inappropriate to accept the birthday cake. If fans organized the birthday cake, Kiss and Cry was not the timing to give it to Yuzu. I thought we talked this through as a fandom not to bother Yuzu during Kiss and Cry with birthday surprises. He clearly did not want it during Kiss and Cry and hence rejected it. 

I see a lot of Japanese fans talking about the ill timing of this on twitter and are rather angry with the timing. Jp Fanyus are angry because now some people in Japan who are not fans of Yuzu are bashing Yuzu for declining a cake from an innocent girl and it is exactly why japanese fanyus didn't want to do any birthday treat for Yuzu during Kiss and Cry. Because Japanese media and public sometimes like to twist little things Yuzu does to fabricate something about his personality. They  have a great desire to pull him down, to find little things to twist into a "Yuzu is cold" story. We want Yuzu to stop running into situations that are unusual and abnormal or situations that make him feel uncomfortable. We want him to stop running into uncomfortable situations he feels the need to decline on the spot. 

Please for the love of God, do not bother him during Kiss and Cry next time. He rejected it once, and it is all you need to know how he felt about being suprised during Kiss and Cry with birthday treats. 

Might I add a competition is not the time for fan meetings or fan gifts or fan surprises, and kiss and cry is indeed a crucial part of competing. I think a birthday cake after victory lap would be better. Just never during kiss and cry. 

I am not sure how many Japanese fans you are following on twitter, but most of the negative comments I saw on the birthday cake given in the kiss and cry were mentioning only about the timing. I think many of fans in Japan at that moment were busy cheering for Yuzu and checking on-site reports instead of what anti said. This is not the first time I saw you asking to stop something because Japanese fans don't like it, or Japanese fans have different ideas, but if you agree with them, why don't you state it as your own opinion? You may be speaking for them out of kindness, but as a Japanese fan, I sometimes get baffled to see us being generalized and used in such context. Each fan on twitter has their own opinion and background and they chose how to voice it according to their point of view on their own responsibility, even though they might look alike. 

This is absurd. 22 4Ts, 17 """4Lz"", 5 salchows and flips, 1 4Lo.

The current rulebook needs serious change.

• Why is the BV for 4Lo so relatively low?

Regarding 4Lz, either:

• The jump is easier than what ISU says, so its base value needs to be lowered.

OR (what I think):

• 4Lz is the easiest jump to cheat, which is why so many skaters are getting away with doing heavily pre-rotated, underrotated, wrong edge, full-blade-take-off jumps and unfairly being given full BV for them as if they were actual Lutzes. 

Since Yuzu has brought 4A into the conversation now, it needs to be said 4A BV is ridiculously low as well.

7 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

Regarding 4Lz, either:

OR (what I think):

• 4Lz is the easiest jump to cheat, which is why so many skaters are getting away with doing heavily pre-rotated, underrotated, wrong edge, full-blade-take-off jumps and unfairly being given full BV for them as if they were actual Lutzes. 

Since Yuzu has brought 4A into the conversation now, it needs to be said 4A BV is ridiculously low as well.

It (4Lz) may be both. Either way, if it's that common, ISU needs to reconsider the points value. 

50 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

Regarding 4Lz, either:

OR (what I think):

There should be another statistics that splits 4F and 4Lz into pre-rotated and fully rotated ones. I'm sure the stats would change drastically and make the BV somewhat more reasonable for "true" Flips and Lutzes.