General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Corina said:

I think I might have died a little😂😂😂

I saw Yuzu

With my own eyes

And he’s real😱

But that fall during the run through... It hurt me too😂I was actually worried but then he seemed alright...

Pretty sure that's normal the first time you see Yuzu live. It is a glorious experience, but it does tend to short out some brain cells. IIRC, @rockstaryuzu tried to talk to me during Yuzu's first ACI practice this season and the most coherent thing I could come up with was "...huh...?" in response. She finally had to give up on any attempt at conversation until after Yuzu left the ice. :68468287:

8 minutes ago, river said:

Pretty sure that's normal the first time you see Yuzu live. It is a glorious experience, but it does tend to short out some brain cells. IIRC, @rockstaryuzu tried to talk to me during Yuzu's first ACI practice this season and the most coherent thing I could come up with was "...huh...?" in response. She finally had to give up on any attempt at conversation until after Yuzu left the ice. :68468287:

@Corina ah, but just wait until you see Origin 2.0 in real life! :devilYuzu: @river and I had quite the epic reactions at ACI :LOL: Still one of my best memories from this year's ACI, tbh.

My first time seeing Yuzu was actually at the Sendai parade, and I was completely blown away by the sweetest and softest smiling expression... I ended up crying so much that Nikkan Sports took me by surprise and managed to interview me before I figured out who they were lol (I hate Nikkan, for multiple reasons lol) But then seeing him skate was a whole other experience... All in all, it just makes you happy to be alive and to be given the chance to see him, I think...

2 hours ago, river said:

I don't even remember talking to you because I was kind of busy watching him myself :xD:

My gosh...

So many mixed feelings, but I will say this:

I'm afraid ISU wants to force Yuzu to retire, by making him mistakenly think "his golden years, his peak performance years are long gone".

That is bull crap. Yuzu is even better than he was 2 years ago, he's doing harder layouts with even more difficult transitions and his consistency is still good as ever. 

His artistry even improved more.

Yuzu's scores should be rising, not decreasing. ISU is going in the total opposite direction.

What a way to treat a legendary skater who they will never ever meet the likes of Yuzu for another 300+ years. What a way to treat someone who sells nearly 97% of their competition ticket revenue.

And this wasn't some B-competition like ACI, this was GPF, one of the most important competitions in the season, and no coach? Not even Tracy could come?

Honestly, I didn't say anything on instagram or twitter but I am kind of confused, a bit angry and just disappointed in ISU once more.

Nathan should have been first, but not with that giant margin.

Nathan is like the male Trusova for me, and I honestly cannot understand how his programs are more artistic or musical than Yuzu's.

And the whole 1 coach per skater rule that ISU made on the spot was so dumb and pointless, what benefit does that serve ISU exactly?

The ISU doesn't want Yuzu to retire. If he did, they can't use him to bring fans to competitions or to prop other skaters. They want him to continue skating at a high level so that when they put Nathan (or whoever the new chosen king is if he faltered) over him, it makes him look much better than beating a weak field.

There is a reason Nathan is mentioned every time Yuzuru skates but not the opposite. There is a reason why the media never fails to mention how many times Nathan has won over Yuzu and how much the point difference was. Yuzu is being used to push Nathan, while at the same time his popularity is used to con fans out of their money. So, no.. The ISU does not want Yuzu to retire. They lose both the money and the narrative if he did.

7 minutes ago, Neenah said:

The ISU doesn't want Yuzu to retire. If he did, they can't use him to bring fans to competitions or to prop other skaters. They want him to continue skating at a high level so that when they put Nathan (or whoever the new chosen king is if he faltered) over him, it makes him look much better than beating a weak field.

There is a reason Nathan is mentioned every time Yuzuru skates but not the opposite. There is a reason why the media never fails to mention how many times Nathan has won over Yuzu and how much the point difference was. Yuzu is being used to push Nathan, while at the same time his popularity is used to con fans out of their money. So, no.. The ISU does not want Yuzu to retire. They lose both the money and the narrative if he did.

I totally agree, but I think they will end up making him retire like this. I'm one of the people who think Yuzu intends to continue for at least one more season after this one, but now I wonder if Worlds might not be the final test. Honestly, the problem isn't so much that Yuzu wants to win and whether or not he can still win over Nathan. The difference between them isn't that big and nobody can say that Nathan will always be clean and Yuzu will always have wobbles (although, given the difficulty of their programs, those scenarios are the most likely). The problem is that Yuzu wants to win decisively, when everyone is clean. He wants to win by a big margin and I'm just not sure how that can be possible with things as they are now. Even if he brings the 4A, it won't give him that big a margin. If he does 5 quads, Nathan will do 5 or 6. If he does 6 quads, Nathan will still do 5 or 6 and the margin will be small enough that they'll be able to manipulate the scores. Given the unfairness of judging now, I'm just not sure Yuzu can win decisively against Nathan, if both are clean. And I think that will be the last straw for Yuzu... Nevermind that on any given day he should probably have some 10 points over Nathan in PCS + GOE.

2 hours ago, Corina said:

I’ve just witnessed Yuzu attempting three times the 4A and I really am worried. Even if he doesn’t plan to do it in competition it still was a dangerous thing to do😣😣I don’t even know what to expect from him anymore

I just watched it from youtube and was so worried about him too!! 😮😣

On 3/17/2019 at 6:57 PM, anski said:

Happy Birthday Yuzu!! 🎂🎂🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

May all your friends (quads) be in Torino and have a skate that you can proud of. Please stay healthy and happy. Always remember that once a Fanyu, always a Fanyu!

I know I said I'd be happy if either wins, but I am a liar (no shocker). I was thrilled for Nathan until I realized what it meant for Yuzuru 💦. I like Nathan, but-its Yuzuru 😭!

And I saw those 4A attempts. I hope he wont be reckless. He is a competitor and has the experience, I know this, but being fired up and trying this out...I think he is taking Nathan's lead quite seriously. His free has scored above Nathan's consistently, hasnt it??