General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, memae said:

I really quite adore that even Nathan, for whom Yuzuru is the biggest opponent, fondly calls him "Yuzu". 

Just goes to show what "heated rivalry" these two have 😂. Oh, as competitors I am sure they each want to succeed and strive for the Gold, but the constant drama and blowing it out of proportion by those in the media...😂

3 hours ago, Kat said:

Just goes to show what "heated rivalry" these two have 😂. Oh, as competitors I am sure they each want to succeed and strive for the Gold, but the constant drama and blowing it out of proportion by those in the media...😂

I watched the TSL this and that preview of GPF last night and they were predicting Yuzu wins GPF

But they also revealed Nathan has been taking online classes recently and training with Rafael in person, and they said that Nathan's going for GPF head on. 

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He did say that in response to the question "after winning, how will you be feeling? ", so I would interpret that as the appropriate time to sing for him is once he wins. 

Which he will. Speaking it into existence. 

Exactly. If we sing Happy Birthday after he loses, our foolish boy will probably scowl and feel like he doesn't deserve a happy birthday. I wish there were some way to get it through to him that what we really want is just to see him skating and the reason we love seeing him win is because HE wants to win so badly and we just want him to be happy.

32 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I watched the TSL this and that preview of GPF last night and they were predicting Yuzu wins GPF

But they also revealed Nathan has been taking online classes recently and training with Rafael in person, and they said that Nathan's going for GPF head on. 

Ooh TSL 🤣. Still, I am looking forward to what Nathan brings. I don't hate him, recently I've been more interested in his programs since-yes he is still doing jump after jump, but he has been working on his artistry more.

He doesn't hold a candle to what Yuzuru does with it-but he's improving. So I do want to see what these two bring to the ice.

1 hour ago, Kat said:

Ooh TSL 🤣. Still, I am looking forward to what Nathan brings. I don't hate him, recently I've been more interested in his programs since-yes he is still doing jump after jump, but he has been working on his artistry more.

He doesn't hold a candle to what Yuzuru does with it-but he's improving. So I do want to see what these two bring to the ice.

Imagine if both goes clean :surprised:

I actually want to see who the judges will score more if both of them go perfectly clean. 

2 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Imagine if both goes clean :surprised:

I actually want to see who the judges will score more if both of them go perfectly clean. 

Dont fool yourself, guys, chances are that the biger and politically more active  fed (nomina odiosa) would prevail. It takes a heart of a lion like Yuzuru s to fight this battle and believe in victory.

16 hours ago, ICeleste said:

shhhh guys no one say anything! Maybe if the judges read this and believe that he was born in 2003, they'll score him accordingly instead of treating him like a nearly-retired hag

Apparently, the same thing happened at gpf 2015

So history repeats itself then?

13 hours ago, mercedes said:

I honestly cannot think of a gloveless Yuzuru(apart when he had to rights gloves and he was already at the rink and couldn't fix the thing and behaved like the brat he is LOL)during competitions but my memory is what it is ;-P

This is still the best 5 seconds of footage I've ever seen lol 

6 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

That was the first time I felt really anxious about Yuzu for the final.  Can't remember them doing a lot of straight up predictions, but the ones that stick out in my mind are about them mocking Aliona Savchenko for sticking it out another quad to try to get an Olympic gold in 2014, predicting Javier Fernandez for the world title in 2013, talking about how Nathan was going to flop after going to school, and "Hanyu is screwed" after seeing Nathan at JO this year.  I really hope Yuzu wins GPF and worlds - mostly because it would make him so happy and partly because the internet will be insufferable if he doesn't