General Yuzuru Chat

45 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

LGC (2.0) was a very smartly designed costume! The vest hit at just the right spot, and the shades of purple were used well. If both the top and the bottom had been the same shade it would have strayed too far into Brian territory (sorry, Brian, but that was the '80s purple jumpsuit, we needed the 2010s purple jumpsuit :knc_brian3:). And the darker, cooler pants colour wouldn't have gone as well with his complexion as the lighter, warmer shirt colour, so they kept that one near his face and the darker purple on his legs. 

Requiem...I can see where it came from. It does look like swirling water and debris, and sometimes the waves are close to that light turquoise shade. It's very intricate and beautiful up close and the exposed 'flesh' strips are designed well. But it's juuuuuuust a touch too far into wintergreen toothpaste territory. :dontdothistome:

Otonal 2.0 I think has a similar problem as Requiem in that it doesn't really have a front focal point. Everything is just folded over, and the textures are very pretty all over, but there's nothing to focus on the way you can usually focus on an embellishment or the cut of a neckline in his other costumes.

I agree on everything but I'll fight you about the wintergreen toothpaste :swordfight: 

*looks at her toothpaste*

:2:

I DON'T CARE REQUIEM IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPARKLY SALAD :nod2:

I have skipped pages 'cause busy packing (and keeping updated with the gpf group that runs even faster than this chat) and I find myself amidst beautiful costume discussion nice :smiley-happy085:

18 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

that PURPLE, so regal,  and vampiric. Suddenly I'm hoping we see  a Dracula program someday.  A sexy/scary one,  which he clearly has down with Masquerade! 

WHAT AN IDEA! I love it! I can totally see it. 

But maybe a cooler, more visceral vampire than Dracula...Lestat? Or is Lestat too debauched for Yuzuru to portray? 

@Veveco Europe is such an inconvenient timezone from here  *whine*. Yuzu's SP is at 3:10 PM on Thursday, right smack in the middle of my workday. I suppose I shall have to mysteriously 'disappear' from my desk for a bit so I can watch it in peace.

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Sorry for this assay about my personal perception of Yuzu's costumes, but I really need to share my thoughts now...

:goat:

To make one thing clear: I cannot dislike any of his costumes really, because... well, it's Yuzu in it. That makes every costume look good. So on a popularity scale from 0 to 10 even the worst atrocities get a basic 5 from me. (Yeah, this is bias as hell, but I can't help.)

First point: COLOR (this is my key criterium... colors are everything for me)

Imo Yuzu looks a bit pale in any kind of light blue costume. Not cold, but pale. So even with the best design his light blue costumes can only get a 9 from me at best. It's a bit similar with Seimei 2.0. The design is mindblowing, but the white color melts too much into the ice for me. So only a 9.5 for that one, too.

Footnote: In galas and ice shows Seimei 2.0 and white LCG would get big fat 10s.

Colorwise my top favorites are both Origin costumes, Masquerade, azure blue Etude and H&L. I haven't seen them in real life, but in the photos and video material they look so intense and powerful. That alone raises them to 9-10 category for me. Notte Stellata and Haru Yo Koi might have bright pastell colors, but in the dark lights of the EX gala they work very well, so no color deduction here either.

Second point: skin-colored mesh

I'm absolutely no fan of this nylon-like mesh, especially when it doesn't match your skin color or throws ugly visible wrinkles. That's why Etude, H&L, Origin 1.0, Notte Stellata and Haru Yo Koi all get a 0.5 mesh-deduction from Henni. Origin 2.0 is the only Yuzu-costume that passed my very strict mesh-test so far.

Third point: design/cut

There are multiple costumes that haven't been mentioned above yet. In short: their design is not my cup of tea really. One exception is POTO 2.0. I really like that costume with the high black collar and deep V-neck. The mix of gold, black and blue structures looks very noble, too. However, it only gets a 9.5 from me, because I miss that sassy impact. It's too innocent for me :laughing: (Maybe it would be different with 25 year old Yuzu in it...)

So, the winner was among these costumes that passed both the color and mesh test: Masquerade and Origin 2.0. Masquerade looked incredibly cool, especially the leather version, but I had two concerns: 1. The different length of the sleeves and 2. the color of the red glove looked a bit awkward imo. Still a very good 9.

Origin 2.0 has EVERYTHING and I can't stop praising it... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: THE perfect 10 for me. The 10 of 10s.

I would like to email this to the "star studded juries of ISU" who get to have the final say of the best costume of the year! Very convincing! 

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

WHAT AN IDEA! I love it! I can totally see it. 

But maybe a cooler, more visceral vampire than Dracula...Lestat? Or is Lestat too debauched for Yuzuru to portray? 

@Veveco Europe is such an inconvenient timezone from here  *whine*. Yuzu's SP is at 3:10 PM on Thursday, right smack in the middle of my workday. I suppose I shall have to mysteriously 'disappear' from my desk for a bit so I can watch it in peace.

I admit it does make him look like a gothic vampire... It would suit a vampire program too

what I really loved about Origin 1.0 was indeed that darkish/more mature/more grown up aurea it had....also it really looked like a piece of hot coal with fire still burning under the surface.

Orign 2.0 is completely different ,I love the color(don't rember who said it in the posts before but Yuzuru looks better in dark tones) and ,even if there's a lots of stuff going on,it still has  a sense of wholeness....if i really could change something it would probably be the oval shaped cut....he looks way better with v shaped ones.

I wasn't crazy about Otonal 1.0 and I'm not crazy about the new one either,especially for all those ruffles around his neck.

I still have  a deep love for Etude(now Yuzuru see,darker shades of blue looks better with your skin tones) and H&L and of course Masquerade.

Requiem shades of green may not have been ideal but the cut was great,it gave him shoulders that he didn't really had that time.

LGC and Origin 1.0 are the manliest/sexiest costumes he's ever worn, I think. Parisienne is more like charming/casually attractive. I do really love purple though, so Origin 2.0 is also welcome.

Uh, next saturday I am going for a day trip to Torino to see him... I still haven't realized I think!! 

5 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

LGC and Origin 1.0 are the manliest/sexiest costumes he's ever worn, I think. Parisienne is more like charming/casually attractive. I do really love purple though, so Origin 2.0 is also welcome.

Uh, next saturday I am going for a day trip to Torino to see him... I still haven't realized I think!! 

It also helped how he pushed his hair back for Origin and LGC. He now knows how sexy he is with his hair pushed back. He has the most amazing manly brow ridges and amazing brow lines. 

I think he should push his hair back more often.

If Yuzu's Origin 2.0 or Shoma's costume doesn't win this silly ISU award, I hope it's Nathan Chen's bus shirt just for the satisfaction of my inner troll.  

I can't tell if the Russian girls' costume change gimmick will get them the votes simply because it got them so much attention or if Yuzu's fanbase will pull through just by sheer numbers. 

2 minutes ago, memae said:

If Yuzu's Origin 2.0 or Shoma's costume doesn't win this silly ISU award, I hope it's Nathan Chen's bus shirt just for the satisfaction of my inner troll.  

I can't tell if the Russian girls' costume change gimmick will get them the votes simply because it got them so much attention or if Yuzu's fanbase will pull through just by sheer numbers. 

The ISU Skating Awards Selection Commission will take into account the on-line voting results of each of the 3 voting groups with the same weight, i.e. Public 1/3 - Media 1/3 - ISU Member Federations 1/3. Only on-line votes submitted via the ISU on-line voting platform will count.

For the determination of result of the Public on-line vote and Media on-line vote, the ISU Skating Award Selection Commission will take into account for each Award category:

a) the absolute number of on-line votes per candidate including on-line votes from all countries

b) the absolute number of on-line votes per candidate including on-line votes from all countries but not including the on-line votes from the Candidates country of origin.

c) the number of on-line votes per candidate broken down by on-line votes from each country

d) considering this first-time edition of the ISU Skating Awards and related totally unknown on-line voting result and proportion by country of the result, the ISU Skating Award Selection Commission will weigh the above-mentioned on-line results details with the objective to determine the final Nominees reflecting a fair and balanced world-wide opinion.

Except it said on their website that they are gonna give little weight to votes from the skater's own country.

Hence, the JP Fanyus who want to vote should change their country of origin when signing up lol. 

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

The ISU Skating Awards Selection Commission will take into account the on-line voting results of each of the 3 voting groups with the same weight, i.e. Public 1/3 - Media 1/3 - ISU Member Federations 1/3. Only on-line votes submitted via the ISU on-line voting platform will count.

For the determination of result of the Public on-line vote and Media on-line vote, the ISU Skating Award Selection Commission will take into account for each Award category:

a) the absolute number of on-line votes per candidate including on-line votes from all countries

b) the absolute number of on-line votes per candidate including on-line votes from all countries but not including the on-line votes from the Candidates country of origin.

c) the number of on-line votes per candidate broken down by on-line votes from each country

d) considering this first-time edition of the ISU Skating Awards and related totally unknown on-line voting result and proportion by country of the result, the ISU Skating Award Selection Commission will weigh the above-mentioned on-line results details with the objective to determine the final Nominees reflecting a fair and balanced world-wide opinion.

Except it said on their website that they are gonna give little weight to votes from the skater's own country.

Hence, the JP Fanyus who want to vote should change their country of origin when signing up lol. 

But Japanese votes still will get taken into account under subparagraph (a) - they will take both non-Japanese and Japanese votes into account to get an overall objective view. If Yuzu end up with little vote from Japan, it will also look very weird. Considering his broad fanbase, I don't think he is the skater that needs to worry about too much skewing towards his home country ( I can't say the same for some other skaters)