General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

I don't like this voting system. You can't see the results in real time, it's too simple to make multiple accounts which will 100% lead to accusations of unfairness later on (guess who will bear the brunt of those?), and it's not that reassuring that your vote actually went through.....

Also, the ISU deciding for the first (?) time to order skaters by FIRST name instead of LAST name is a pretty blatant manipulative tactic. Like the way products are arranged in a grocery store. They want to direct you towards certain things and to have you walk by/scroll through the options they want you to see. People are spontaneous and their attention spans aren't that long, especially online, and they may click on a shiny that attracts them before they get to the bottom. If Zagitova, Trusova, Shcherbakova and Samarin were all the way down there, it wouldn't be good, but Alina, Alexandra, Anna and Alexander are more likely to get votes. :) Of course, there are many people currently whooshing straight down the page to Y anyway, so not like it matters in the grand scheme. xD 

I just type "yu" on the search bar for quick multiple voting. I voted 3 times for 3 different categories all for Yuzu. 

43 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

it was. But I have managed to vote now.

Although I feel like I’m back in high school voting on popularity polls. :headdesk:

Honestly speaking. This voting is ridiculous in many ways.

If you really want to crown the costume of the year, you give the chance to vote for EVERY costume that has been used at international level this season and you show every costume from the front, side and back, so that you can see the details (if there are any). I don't know which criteria ISU used for the nominations, but I bet my salary that it had nothing to do with the costumes in the first place.

@quadaxelwin

I'm super happy that it's Origin 2.0 costume. It's my all-time favorite Yuzu costume (yep, I like it even more than Seimei, Origin 1.0 and Notte). I love the deep purple color (that itself makes it an absolute winner for me), I love the butterfly and flower details, I love the mesh that finally matches his skin color perfectly, I love the super tight waistline and also the sassy deep oval neck. For me it's the most majestic costume he ever had. But I respect, if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

EDIT: in my opinion the best Game of Thrones costume 19/20 is Otonal 2.0.

16 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Honestly speaking. This voting is ridiculous in many ways.

If you really want to crown the costume of the year, you give the chance to vote for EVERY costume that has been used at international level this season and you show every costume from the front, side and back, so that you can see the details (if there are any). I don't know which criteria ISU used for the nominations, but I bet my salary that it had nothing to do with the costumes in the first place.

@quadaxelwin

I'm super happy that it's Origin 2.0 costume. It's my all-time favorite Yuzu costume (yep, I like it even more than Seimei, Origin 1.0 and Notte). I love the deep purple color (that itself makes it an absolute winner for me), I love the butterfly and flower details, I love the mesh that finally matches his skin color perfectly, I love the super tight waistline and also the sassy deep oval neck. For me it's the most majestic costume he ever had. But I respect, if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Your description of the Origin 2.0 costume was very... Convincing... You should write for womens fashion magazine to try sell clothes lol. 

Hmmm... Maybe I was too attached to Origin 1.0 costume. I thought it was the better design, but seeing you describe 2.0 like that with so much passion convinced me to look at the 2.0 again with a new viewpoint. I guess it's a dividing costume where you either love it or you don"t. I voted for it regardless because it's more intriguing than Uniqlo Heat Tech boring shirts that other men wear. The results should be very interesting. If 2.0 does win costume of the year, then it would really shock me even more that maybe my tastes in costumes are different.

My fave Yuzu costumes are Chopin 2.0, Seimei 2.0. Origin 1.0, H&L, Etude, Notte Stellata, Requiem Sparkle Salad, Haru yo Koi (too many)

I also think Crystsl Memories costume is soooo pretty it should have been used as a competition costume. 

Considering I like the costumes above, I don't like Origin 2.0 as much I guess. But it's still better than the rest of men's costumes. 

12 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

The voting website isn't even secured. I doubt they're prepared for a massive volume of visitors all at once. How much money do they earn every year again?

ISU 1: Our sport has become a desiccated husk of its former self due to our mismanagement. :( 

ISU 2: Sad. :( What do we do?

ISU 1: I know! Let's set up an online awards voting site where all fans of figure skating can come and support their faves!

ISU 2: Great idea! Do you have a plan worked out to handle the immense number of visitors this system will no doubt receive??

ISU 1: Yes!! It's on this USB stick!!!

ISU 2: ...

ISU 1: ...

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

They... didn't protect for multiple accounts in any way whatsoever? Oh boy... Also, I thought yesterday was the last day to register? I tried just out of curiosity and we can still register. I'm sure nobody is going to take advantage of the system... never, right? :3: 

Well, anyway. I voted. I wish they would let us vote for more than 1 person/pair at a time. Say, top 3 per category for instance. I'd honestly love to give some support to other skaters, that would reflect more all that I learned to love about this sport, not just Yuzu. 

On one hand I feel silly for taking part in this farce, but on the other hand I want Yuzu to win awards for admittedly shallow reasons. Though it's in the hands of the jury in the end I suppose. While I don't believe in any big conspiracy theory in regards to the awards, if ISU have 2 brain cells they will take advantage of this to get some useful stats on the demography of their audience at least. There is a microscopic chance that they will rethink the "fans from Japan" narrative? Maybe? No? OK, nevermind...

Edit: I'm among the Origin 2.0 costume lovers (as you can guess from my avatar) so I didn't even have to fake my vote :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxxtJ1qz4rgp:

48 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

@quadaxelwin

EDIT: in my opinion the best Game of Thrones costume 19/20 is Otonal 2.0.

I must say, I was already in love with Origin 1 because of the way it reminded me of a majestic phoenix: I loved the irregular collar which almost looked like as if Yuzu had been covered with an intricate pattern of feathers instead of a real outfit. It was so fit for him to be reborn, and the color scheme was stunning. However, although I was disappointed at first because he changed costume: I equally love this Origin 2 costume. It gives him a kind of gothic, dark vibe which I love. As you say, he looks sassy and majestic. Plus, the butterflies and flowers remind us of transformation: after being reborn, Yuzu will transform into this ideal form he's been chasing all along ! :tumblr_m3j73lVQHJ1qid2nw:

delurking here to say i love origin 2.0 costume so much as purple is my fav color and it really accentuate his silhouette including the intricate design of it 

hello everyone im very new to figure skating and ofc thanks to yuzuru im so in love with this sport and learning everything new about it each day. its my first gp season and im very excited for the final! 

27 minutes ago, Veveco said:

They... didn't protect for multiple accounts in any way whatsoever? Oh boy... Also, I thought yesterday was the last day to register? I tried just out of curiosity and we can still register. I'm sure nobody is going to take advantage of the system... never, right? :3: 

My friend also noticed this yesterday while trying to register..... I guess I also heaved while having to agree with ISU's policies? 

any clue how these options for the awards were chosen? seems like there’s no rhyme or reason. 

i imagine they’ll give yuzu most valuable skater and whoever gets the most votes for newcomer and whoever has the most votes that didn’t already get something for the other categories. 

thinking of voting for “not yuzu” for 2 of the categories. part of me wonders if they’ll just eliminate any vote that votes the same skater for every eligible category. most of me feels ridiculous for participating in a popularity contest 

re: origin discussion. when i first saw it, i didn’t like it but i think that was largely because i loved the first costume and it just was nothing like i expected. but as i look at it more, i think i might like it more than the first one. accentuates all his lines better and the design just feels elevated. it’s like something you’d see on a paris runway 

1 時間前, ralucutzagyさんが言いました:

I wonder if this is new and what is he saying?

I guess it's not ... his hair is too short ... or maybe he's got a haircut ... lol

It seems December 1st is the Day of Life in Japan (I didn't know)

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/いのちの日

Yuzuru has been supporting blood donation campaign "Love in Action" for Japanese Red Cross.  But in this video, he says he can't attend the "Love in Action Meeting" as he is scheduled to join the ice show "Together on Ice" which was held in 2014.  So this is Yuzuru in 2014.  Ridiculously the time does not do its job for him, I guess :13877886:

http://skate-sendai.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPqO5P5bDuQ

Maybe I have a thing for Kimono and traditional Japanese clothes, Evegenia's free skate costume is my favorite this season (even though I love both Yuzu's costumes) and Seimei II costume will always be my favorite costume in figure skating history. :grin:

I hesitated for a few seconds whether I should vote for Evegenia for the best costume, but as a biased fanyu, I still voted for Yuzu. :81:

If the award was for the designer, I could have voted instantly for Satomi:crybaby:

45 minutes ago, lila said:

delurking here to say i love origin 2.0 costume so much as purple is my fav color and it really accentuate his silhouette including the intricate design of it 

hello everyone im very new to figure skating and ofc thanks to yuzuru im so in love with this sport and learning everything new about it each day. its my first gp season and im very excited for the final! 

hi and welcome !

i still have to vote but it keeps crashingfor me!

Also this,which screams renaissance painting to me and with the 3 of them with priceless faces

:biggrin: