General Yuzuru Chat

On the ISU feed, I believe this is Javi (sigh... I miss him), and it's nice if eyerollingly cynical to see him and Yuzu so prominently featured, but I couldn't help wondering why no Shoma (okay, crap year, no GPF) or even Nathan (no Olympic medal? no inspiring story? what??) and even my biased mind thought at least one of them should have appeared if Adam and Johnny did...

But again, the ISU show by the sheer amount of Yuzu they know who their gold standard is, even if they let the judges pretend otherwise. (I laugh that just a few days they put up the GPF lists, and cheerily said "who will you be cheering for?", they must have expected the replies to be 99.999999% for one person....)

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

On the ISU feed, I believe this is Javi (sigh... I miss him), and it's nice if eyerollingly cynical to see him and Yuzu so prominently featured, but I couldn't help wondering why no Shoma (okay, crap year, no GPF) or even Nathan (no Olympic medal? no inspiring story? what??) and even my biased mind thought at least one of them should have appeared if Adam and Johnny did...

But again, the ISU show by the sheer amount of Yuzu they know who their gold standard is, even if they let the judges pretend otherwise. (I laugh that just a few days they put up the GPF lists, and cheerily said "who will you be cheering for?", they must have expected the replies to be 99.999999% for one person....)

This Get Up again got me pumped expecting a documentary of Yuzu's struggles from ISU.

I hope Olympic Channel does like a 10 minute coverage of him before he retires.

I appreciate their clips, but sometimes their videos are so short.

It always leaves me hungry.

Can you believe GPF is next week? Yuzu should arrive in Italy Tuesday ~ Thursday

When is the last time Yuzu competed in Italy???????

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

So I tried to vote for the ISU award thing but being ISU, the voting hasn't opened yet though it suppose to start 1st of December which is today including the Swiss where their headquarters is. Oh well...

The timer on the website shows it will starts in 4 hrs 10 min. 

I checked Wikipedia.

The last time Yuzu competed in Italy was September 3–7, 2008 at the 2008 JGP Merano Cup

It was during his 1st year as a Junior on the ISU circuit!

And he's coming back to compete in Italy as a legend after 11 years.

Also, 2008 JGP Merano Cup was Yuzu's very 1st official debut on an ISU Grand Prix international competition!

So he debuted as an ISU Junior Skater in Italy! 

Wow, Italy really is a special place for him   :sadPooh:

How poetic!

:cri:

23 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I checked Wikipedia.

The last time Yuzu competed in Italy was September 3–7, 2008 at the 2008 JGP Merano Cup

It was during his 1st year as a Junior on the ISU circuit!

And he's coming back to compete in Italy as a legend after 11 years.

Also, 2008 JGP Merano Cup was Yuzu's very 1st official debut on an ISU Grand Prix international competition!

So he debuted as an ISU Junior Skater in Italy! 

Wow, Italy really is a special place for him   :sadPooh:

How poetic!

:cri:

Max Ambesi was talking about it during one of his podcast....lots of number 1 anyhow....and i'll shut up now for fear of jinxing it :lol:

Off to happily roll in that OIP video instead :biggrin: