General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, madraykin said:

Honestly I think you could massively improve the whole awards thing just by tweaking the categories.

Award for the worst thing JMedia did to Yuzuru.

Award for the most obnoxious fed.

Award for the worst scoring in the season.

Award for the most oversored element.

Award for the worst Daniil program.

23 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Award for the worst thing JMedia did to Yuzuru.

Award for the most obnoxious fed.

Award for the worst scoring in the season.

Award for the most oversored element.

Award for the worst Daniil program.

:LOL:

You can add:

• Worst ticket prices of the year
  • Worst post of the year on ISU Twitter
  • Special category: warhorse of the year

On Asian Winter Games, it involves only Asian countries but I remember being in Korea one summer where they held the summer version called Asian Games. 

I don’t know who Japan usually sends to these games but I’m guessing it tends to be their slightly lower level skaters, I think in 2017 however both Shoma and Satoko were assigned since the Winter Games were held in Japan that year and Japan likely wanted to have their top athletes participate. I remember the timing was VERY close to 4CC that year which was the Olympic test event. I believe winter and summer games are held every 4 years so next winter games I think is 2021, but I don’t expect the top tier skaters to attend unless it’s in Japan again as it’s so close to 4CC and Worlds. 

So apparently, according to Yuko Kavaguti, fanyus aren't 'real' fs fans...hmm...I wonder if that's what she thought when she was invited by Yuzuru himself to participate in Ciontu...guess the only way for her to be relevant is to use Yuzuru's name 

Honestly, what hurts me the most is imagining how Yuzuru would feel if he read that :( 

30 minutes ago, Tabby said:

So apparently, according to Yuko Kavaguti, fanyus aren't 'real' fs fans...hmm...I wonder if that's what she thought when she was invited by Yuzuru himself to participate in Ciontu...guess the only way for her to be relevant is to use Yuzuru's name 

Honestly, what hurts me the most is imagining how Yuzuru would feel if he read that :( 

I think the term 'fanyu' is up to interpretation, and a lot of it. It can't be ignored that he does have fans who are rude and spiteful of other skaters (the trash talk Nathan gets, for example - whether he deserves his scores or not, there's no reason for the scorn and loathing he gets directed at him as a person or athlete), who ignore rules (sneaking cameras in where they're not allowed, blatantly throwing Poohs at ACI even though it wasn't allowed), who applaud and cheer so loudly at practices when Yuzu does anything even if it's another skater's run-through. Those are things we see happen too much. There's also fans who don't even show up for the first group at events or who leave after he's skated (and I get that lots of people are time-poor and things happen, but not all the time for everyone). All those things suggest that those fans are fans of Yuzuru himself and not of figure skating as a sport. If they were they'd support other skaters, they'd direct their frustration at feds/ISU/media instead of skaters, and they'd follow their own idol's lead to be respectful of others and of rules. 

There's a distinction between the 'fanyus' that cop a bunch of flack (because they deserve it, quite frankly, if they're going to behave that way) and 'fanyus' like those who spent 2 days and a billion posts worrying whether singing Yuzu 'Happy Birthday' during K&C at GPF would be disruptive to other skaters and ultimately deciding on a more appropriate time to sing it.  Unfortunately, we all get lumped in together. 

14 minutes ago, memae said:

I think the term 'fanyu' is up to interpretation, and a lot of it. It can't be ignored that he does have fans who are rude and spiteful of other skaters (the trash talk Nathan gets, for example - whether he deserves his scores or not, there's no reason for the scorn and loathing he gets directed at him as a person or athlete), who ignore rules (sneaking cameras in where they're not allowed, blatantly throwing Poohs at ACI even though it wasn't allowed), who applaud and cheer so loudly at practices when Yuzu does anything even if it's another skater's run-through. Those are things we see happen too much. There's also fans who don't even show up for the first group at events or who leave after he's skated (and I get that lots of people are time-poor and things happen, but not all the time for everyone). All those things suggest that those fans are fans of Yuzuru himself and not of figure skating as a sport. If they were they'd support other skaters, they'd direct their frustration at feds/ISU/media instead of skaters, and they'd follow their own idol's lead to be respectful of others and of rules. 

I mean, fans "trash talking" about other skaters is in no way unique to fanyus. There's plenty of trash talk among Russian fans of various skaters, for example, and some of the trashiest trash that I've seen has been directed at Yuzu by Nathan fans and not the other way around. So why single out fanyus as the only problematic group when that's far from the truth?

And honestly, while I do think that fans should follow rules as competitions and be respectful towards all of the athletes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of Yuzu mostly or even exclusively and not of the sport as a whole, especially considering that the integrity of this "sport" on the whole is questionable at best at the moment. The vast majority of fanyus are supportive of many skaters, but if someone wants to support Yuzu and Yuzu alone, that's 100% their right and they shouldn't be shamed for it. Kavaguti's comments are completely inaccurate, inappropriate, and disrespectful to Yuzu and his fans and none of us should have to sit around pretending that she might have a point. She doesn't.