General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

I just don't want the possibility of the commentators to say during or after the competition

"Yuzuru fans singing in the background disrupted Under rotation analyzation process or xxxxxx process" or "Yuzuru fans singing during live competition was inappropriate

Fair enough, but that's not something any of us have control over anyway. If someone wants to complain, they're going to complain no.matter what.

2 hours ago, shanshani said:

I'm pretty sure this happy birthday thing has been subject to more scrutiny than preparations for hosting state dinners with foreign heads of government. The stakes really just aren't that high, guys.

That's what I heard last. Not really sure how much it will turn into reality, however. JSF seems to love him, so I kind of think if he shows there's a big chance they'll do everything in their power to lift him onto podium, cuz that's kind of what happened last year (granted, Keiji and Kazuki not doing that well did help Dai out a lot). Probably Shoma as well, unless the recent mess surrounding him has resulted in JSF turning against him. So I think 1. Yuzu 2. Shoma 3. Dai is still a pretty likely podium unless some of the other men really pull it together, which didn't happen last year.

It might just be Keiji's year, he's had a good season so far. I take Yuzu as a given, so I think the other two spots will be Keiji - Shoma in any order. I'm thinking Dai in 4th. 

This whole HPB talk was draining, even though I only lurk on twitter.

I think the best thing we should do is try and get him that ISU award by voting like crazy :nod2:

I want him to win 

Most Valuable Skater: Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple who best managed to increase the level of popularity of Figure Skating related to the fan base involvement, media attention and sponsors appreciation

or 

Lifetime Achievement Award: Honors a Figure Skating legend having achieved great success and popularity and is considered as a role model in the Figure Skating World.

I have a feeling Yuzu can't get lifetime achievement awards until he retires though. But I want to vote for both of them.

To be honest, I feel like the best costume awards are reserved for ladies, unless Yuzu gets a killer costume like Notte Stellata, Haru yo Koi or the Requiem Sparkle Salad. But I doubt they would count EX dresses for the vote. 

45 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I want him to win 

Most Valuable Skater: Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple who best managed to increase the level of popularity of Figure Skating related to the fan base involvement, media attention and sponsors appreciation

or 

Lifetime Achievement Award: Honors a Figure Skating legend having achieved great success and popularity and is considered as a role model in the Figure Skating World.

I have a feeling Yuzu can't get lifetime achievement awards until he retires though. But I want to vote for both of them.

To be honest, I feel like the best costume awards are reserved for ladies, unless Yuzu gets a killer costume like Notte Stellata, Haru yo Koi or the Requiem Sparkle Salad. But I doubt they would count EX dresses for the vote. 

I actually think Origin 2.0 is one of the most beautiful costumes I've seen this season. The detailing with the butterflies are gorgeous. I would vote for it over 99% of other costumes, men or ladies.

Re: Lifetime achievement award - my personal opinion is that it should go to someone who has contributed to figure skating all through their life in many ways. Hence "lifetime". While I will readily agree that Yuzu is already a legend, I think it's more appropriate if it goes to someone like...for example, Brian - who has a list of achievements as a competitive skater, and also continues to contribute to the sport by building a skating program, holding camps and classes, coaching a whole list of elite skaters, and promoting love for the sport. 

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

I do wonder how Yuzu will be scored at Nats. probably no better than he's scored internationally

He'll be scored as accurately as possible simply because over half the audience will be Yuzu fans and the judges will be risking their lives (LOL) if they don't give Yuzu reasonable scores.  Seriously, though, the judges will be on good behavior since Japanese nats this year will be a must-watch TV event.  The King, after three years' absence, is returning and needs to have his throne ready for him.

11 minutes ago, micaelis said:

He'll be scored as accurately as possible simply because over half the audience will be Yuzu fans and the judges will be risking their lives (LOL) if they don't give Yuzu reasonable scores.  Seriously, though, the judges will be on good behavior since Japanese nats this year will be a must-watch TV event.  The King, after three years' absence, is returning and needs to have his throne ready for him.

idk man fanyus are international but last time I checked Doug Williams is still breathing. guess our sooper sekret judge assassination squad didn't get the memo :character0049:

but yeah true they'll probably score him like normal (but no US nats level of inflation). I mean I wanna believe the JSF grudge against Yuzu is mostly a fan conspiracy theory

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

This whole HPB talk was draining, even though I only lurk on twitter.

I think the best thing we should do is try and get him that ISU award by voting like crazy :nod2:

I want him to win 

or 

Most Valuable will go to Zu to only prove that he is ISU cash cow.

Lifetime will be either Plush or V/M.

48 minutes ago, micaelis said:

half the audience at NHK were Yuzu fans also. that didn't stop the judges.

There's no inflation in JPN if your name is Yuzu. We already know that.

Still, with the state of Shoma's current skating, he should win it without issues.

17 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I don't think either deserve the Lifetime one - it needs to be something they've done during their whole life. IMO, it's too early for them. As it was said earlier, it should go to someone like Orser, Mishin, Platov, Usova, Zueva or even Browning. They were renowned skaters in their time and after that they went on to become great coaches/ choreographers, still involved in skating.

2 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

I actually think Origin 2.0 is one of the most beautiful costumes I've seen this season. The detailing with the butterflies are gorgeous. I would vote for it over 99% of other costumes, men or ladies.

Re: Lifetime achievement award - my personal opinion is that it should go to someone who has contributed to figure skating all through their life in many ways. Hence "lifetime". While I will readily agree that Yuzu is already a legend, I think it's more appropriate if it goes to someone like...for example, Brian - who has a list of achievements as a competitive skater, and also continues to contribute to the sport by building a skating program, holding camps and classes, coaching a whole list of elite skaters, and promoting love for the sport. 

I really love Origin 2.0, too. Even more than Origin 1.0, which means a lot  :xD:

@vd_turnan I think, the lifetime achievement award will go to Dick Button. His contribution to the development of competitive skating was enormous, he invented and innovated many things and... he is American. Plus: Button is 90 years old, ISU has to hurry with an award.

It would be somehow iconic, if Yuzu received the award for the most valuable skater (present) and Button the lifetime achievement award (past). The only two multiple Olympic champions in men's singles, who are still alive.

2 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Origin 1.0 costume is a masterpiece.  If it doesn't win a costume award, nothing should. 

8 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

It would be somehow iconic, if Yuzu received the award for the most valuable skater (presence) and Button the lifetime achievement award (past). The only two multiple Olympic champions in men's singles, who are still alive.

Surely ISU wouldn't miss a chance to have that happen. If they let crappy, corrupt judging determine scores in the actual sport, surely they don't care about some pulled strings in fun stuff like this.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

ISU Cash Cow 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂💦💦

Oh God. Then he will win it like 3 times in a row before he retires.