General Yuzuru Chat

Wooooow!!!

Yuzu truly broke the "I can't win, when Gabi and Cizo win"-curse!!!

And this curse was crazier than any other previous curse. Look at this!!! :ohmygod:

Here is a list of ALL competitions that Yuzu, Gabi and Cizo attended together at senior level:

Competition Placement: Yuzuru Hanyu Placement: Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron
Worlds 2014 1. 13.
Cup of China 2014 2. 1.
GPF 2014 1. 3.
Worlds 2015 2. 1.
Worlds 2016 2. 1.
NHK 2016 1. 2.
GPF 2016 1. 2.
Worlds 2017 1. 2.
Olympics 2018 1. 2.
Worlds 2019 2. 1.
NHK 2019 1. 1.

I did not list competitions, where one of them had to withdraw. In that case the list would be even longer. It's mindblowing. Never noticed this before.

10 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, I think it was very hard for all four of them in different ways. Yuzu was regretful for the forced Lutz attempt, Ghislain for not talking him out of it and Brian and Tracy for not being there. This injury probably brought them closer together than anything before. Yuzu said that he thought of the positive NHK memories (first quad and 300 point barrier) in the first place, but I'm sure, this competition brought up all the sad memories and fear as well... I'm very happy that Yuzu could exorcize all the demons from the past this weekend and qualify for GPF with two healthy ankles :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

PS: I had to laugh, when I checked my YouTube account today:

The view number of Yuzu's YOLO jump compilation suddenly increased by 3000 over night and I wonder why... :xD:

You have to add a new one to the video! 

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you! :10636614:

Yes, super mission #3 NHK 2019 should be in there, too :68468287:

If Yuzu decides to do some other spontaneous layout changes in the future, I will definitely edit a "YOLO jumps - part II" clip. You have my word. :xD:

EDIT:

Sometimes I really do believe that Yuzu is lurking here on the planet. On 8th April I had a dream and posted a detailed description of it here in the general chat. In this dream Yuzu was skating:

If this this dream becomes reality in the future, I will probably faint... :ohmygod:

I've often gotten the feeling that Yuzu hears about all our shenanigans as well. There's definitely things I've seen him do that seem to relate directly back to our conversations here.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've often gotten the feeling that Yuzu hears about all our shenanigans as well. There's definitely things I've seen him do that seem to relate directly back to our conversations here.

ahaha he lurks !!

anyhow my TL is full of Yuzuru(and Rika and love for Jason Brown)and it helps facing the upcoming monday and the return of so called real life

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Wooooow!!!

Yuzu truly broke the "I can't win, when Gabi and Cizo win"-curse!!!

And this curse was crazier than any other previous curse. Look at this!!! :ohmygod:

Here is a list of ALL competitions that Yuzu, Gabi and Cizo attended together at senior level:

Competition Placement: Yuzuru Hanyu Placement: Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron
Worlds 2014 1. 13.
Cup of China 2014 2. 1.
GPF 2014 1. 3.
Worlds 2015 2. 1.
Worlds 2016 2. 1.
NHK 2016 1. 2.
GPF 2016 1. 2.
Worlds 2017 1. 2.
Olympics 2018 1. 2.
Worlds 2019 2. 1.
NHK 2019 1. 1.

I did not list competitions, where one of them had to withdraw. In that case the list would be even longer. It's mindblowing. Never noticed this before.

yay,i was right! i was waiting for a confirmation,but all that i was remembering was so glaringly wild (given who they are),that i somehow knew i was right.as a fanyu who is also a p/c fan,this first crossed my mind months ago,but somehow i was always forgetting to do the research to confirm it,and being in the back of my mind,it was another reason that make me nervous for nhk.All curses shall be defeated!

1 hour ago, mercedes said:

ahaha he lurks !!

anyhow my TL is full of Yuzuru(and Rika and love for Jason Brown)and it helps facing the upcoming monday and the return of so called real life

Real life is so overrated. I'll stay in my figure skating induced haze, thank you. 

6 hours ago, paperatoms said:

:offtopic2:

Do we have a thread of significant Yuzu-related locations in Japan? E.g. Olympics monuments at Sendai, seat bench statue at Tokyo station, seimei shrine, yuzuruha shrine... I'm sure there was one but I can't seem to find it!

:clapclap4:

(Also if anyone is in Sendai tmr and wants to meet up, I'm keen!)

Is this what you are looking for?

Home after a long weekend of hospital appointments, hearing aid crises and a f***ton of octogenarian opinionated and in some cases dementia driven drivel.  If you could read my mind right now you would see ‘ remember that he/she is 89 and can’t help it’ stuck at the front of my conscious thought because I’ve been repeating that mantra since Friday morning.  Too tired to catch up properly but hoping that a binge watch tomorrow will rinse my mind clear.

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

Home after a long weekend of hospital appointments, hearing aid crises and a f***ton of octogenarian opinionated and in some cases dementia driven drivel.  If you could read my mind right now you would see ‘ remember that he/she is 89 and can’t help it’ stuck at the front of my conscious thought because I’ve been repeating that mantra since Friday morning.  Too tired to catch up properly but hoping that a binge watch tomorrow will rinse my mind clear.

Oh dear. My sympathies   - I know what it feels like! 

16 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

A binge watch is just the thing. I have similar issues with a relative so my sympathies

8 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Sometimes I really do believe that Yuzu is lurking here on the planet.

and @rockstaryuzu said "I've often gotten the feeling that Yuzu hears about all our shenanigans as well. There's definitely things I've seen him do that seem to relate directly back to our conversations here".

I had a similar(ish) experience to you - During FaOI in 2018 (I think!) I made a comment on the FaOI thread when Yuzuru had used a towel to wipe his sweaty face, I said something like - "no dont throw it away, throw it to me!"...... and the very next FaOI he did that teasing thing of pretending to throw his (sweaty!) towel to the audience....I really wondered then if he had been going through our threads!! :surprised_pikachu: