General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, monchan said:

I can't help thinking Worlds and NHK 2019 themes are especially made for Yuzu (Cherry blossom for Haru-chan, and Snow flower for Oto-chan). Or are they actually inspired by Yuzu? :embSwan: (I'm not even surprised if it's true, Yuzu even inspired Olympic medals :9:)

Let's wait for the deep purple K&C with butterflies at JNats and there we have the Yuzu trinity of inspiration.

1 minute ago, Henni147 said:

Let's wait for the deep purple K&C with butterflies at JNats and there we have the Yuzu trinity of inspiration.

OMG talking about JNats I reallyyyyyyy want Yuzu to be there. It has been 4ever. Ofc only if his health allows thou. Yuzu's health is always no.1 priority :winky:

There are so many young skaters who look up to Yuzuru <3 I came across this interview with Andrei Kutovoi, he is a Russian skater who won a bronze medal at one of his Junior Grand Prix events this season and he said this about Yuzu:

When you first started skating was there a skater you wanted to be like? What about now – do you have a skater you admire?

When I first started skating I didn’t know any skaters and I didn’t watch figure skating.

It changed over time, and now I’m watching closely what’s going on in the skating world. I try not to miss any event of junior and senior level.

I admire the Japanese skater Yuzuru Hanyu, his skating skills, musicality, the way he feels every single movement. The ice and Yuzuru are like a single entity, that’s his element.

https://www.insideskating.net/2019/11/16/interviews/skating-prodigy-andrei-kutovoi-dreams-of-the-olympics

11 hours ago, mercedes said:

I can't :13877886:

I'll have to work during his SP(and it will be a very demanding difficult morning)so hopefully we'll both came out of it victorious:biggrin:

Technically I would have had to work during the SP as well on Friday but my coworker will cover a part of my shift so that I can go to work after the SP at NHK !

Hopefully both of you’ll have a successful Friday 

Momoka Hatasaki, Japan Novice A Champion, started to skate after she saw Yuzuru in TV and was shocked. She wants to win Olympics.

Ryoga Morimoto, Japan Novice A Champion, admires quality in Yuzuru's jumps. He wants to win Olympics.

Hiroto Honda, silver medalist, wants to be amazing performer like Yuzuru. (In past he also said that he wants to jumps quints, but currently he is working on 3lz).

Tomoki Kimura, bronze medalist, watched Sochi Olympics with parents and started imitating Yuzuru's movements. Mom told him to start skating, if he likes it so much.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20191115-00212362-tkwalk-life

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

There are so many young skaters who look up to Yuzuru <3 I came across this interview with Andrei Kutovoi, he is a Russian skater who won a bronze medal at one of his Junior Grand Prix events this season and he said this about Yuzu:

https://www.insideskating.net/2019/11/16/interviews/skating-prodigy-andrei-kutovoi-dreams-of-the-olympics

Yes!  I remember Andrei Kutovoi from an earlier JPG event this year!  From among the large group of young Russian skater rising from the ranks, he was the most memorable - even more than Gmenik.   Not surprising that he appreciates Yuzuru's style of skating. 

Kuvtovoi is so young (13 yo?) and yet already has such pzzazz and an incredible expressiveness that just took my breath away.  I hope he will also be able to master the technical jumps and not be discarded in a pile of "artistic but not quadster" group of skaters.   I blame the current ISU leadership for not creating an enabling and supportive environment for such young talents.  

4 hours ago, mercedes said:

I don't think we show Japanese CM enough love:biggrin:

*watching at the lady watching Yuzu in the screen, *burning envy appears in the eyes, *surrenders to the power of rolling over bby and sobs:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

34 minutes ago, monchan said:

Great thing to anticipate!

This particular issue of the magazine will have freebies for the readers. Planned freebies are 美ST limited design of phiten beauty power tape and Sekkisei beauty skin care trio set. Also the special feature of the issue will be "How to turn back the clock of your skin" targeting people in 40's & 50's. Oh what a fanyu trap :68468287: The OP got other posts speculating about what kind of Yuzu pic they're planning. One of the previous covers was Shou Hirano (King & Prince) appearing topless...say no more:13877886: