General Yuzuru Chat

Hi guys, do you know if Yuzu has competed in relatively small ice rink stadiums post Sochi? 
I don't know the details, but if I remember correctly, he avoids small stadiums (except ACI) after Sochi because it will be too crowded and claustrophobic because he has huge following / fans. 

So that would mean he would avoid competing at 4CC this year, because I heard the Korean rink in Mokdong is reeeaaally small. I saw youtube videos of K nationals being held there and it would not be big enough to fill up Yuzu's japan and chinese fans who will flock to korea because of the close distance.

I'm wondering if Yuzu will avoid going to 4CC for this very reason. What are your thoughts on this?

I don't know where you get this info but Yuzuru never said anything about small rink. Its never be a reason for him not to do a competition. Whatever issue with audience and stadium's capacity is not his job.  If he's healthy enough he will do 4CC. Nathan or any skater don't play any part when Yuzuru choose to compete or not. Why do people think Yuzuru won't do X or Y comp because no Nathan there? He's not that obsessed with Nathan. 

New magazine:  SPUR 

https://www.fujisan.co.jp/product/1171/new/

Excerpt from the Interview with Nobunari Oda. (Sorry, I just browsed at a book store, so it might not be exact.)

Nobu:  I once asked Hanyu-kun what his motivation was.  He replied, "I want to improve my skating, and I want to win.  With these two (motivations), I can push myself endlessly."  

「スケートがうまくなりたい。勝ちたい。この2つがあれば、いくらでも自分を追い込める。」:tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

OK. Yuzu, you like competing after all, and now you are happy. But please please don't push yourself too much :smiley-angelic001:

I hope the result of this ISU (or whoever) clamping down on Jordan (@OnIcePerspectives) is that skaters begin personally inviting him (whether upon his request or their own initiative) to film them skate outside of ISU events. He's worked with enough of them now to at least be more than just a random cold caller and I think his work is well known enough now to perhaps be seen by skaters as a way of attracting new fans to their social media pages or as a body of work that that perhaps they consider worth contributing to. 

It's wishful thinking and I know it, but maybe Yuzu is pissed off enough with ISU lately to allow Jordan a chance to film him skate outside of an event. Think of all the attention that would get Jordan with no tags directing any traffic to ISU. 

2 minutes ago, memae said:

I hope the result of this ISU (or whoever) clamping down on Jordan (@OnIcePerspectives) is that skaters begin personally inviting him (whether upon his request or their own initiative) to film them skate outside of ISU events. He's worked with enough of them now to at least be more than just a random cold caller and I think his work is well known enough now to perhaps be seen by skaters as a way of attracting new fans to their social media pages or as a body of work that that perhaps they consider worth contributing to. 

It's wishful thinking and I know it, but maybe Yuzu is pissed off enough with ISU lately to allow Jordan a chance to film him skate outside of an event. Think of all the attention that would get Jordan with no tags directing any traffic to ISU. 

Jordan has filmed practices at TCC a bunch of times over the past few years, so now that he's worked directly with Yuzu, maybe Yuzu will be amenable next time he's there. :D 

OnIcePerspectives is such a beautiful tribute/service/whatever to this sport and its athletes. Jordan really manages to showcase honed technique and artistry in a way that is beyond captivating and is also kind of personal/intimate in a way that the usual sports filming style isn't. It really invites connection between skater and audience. If any footage is going to draw new people into the figure skating audience (and I mean, really want to make people watch it - not just attract attention for 10 seconds because of mid-program costume changes or a "stabbing" of someone's leg in a practice), its what's coming out of OnIcePerspectives. ISU keep shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to anything that will help them increase their audience.

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

Apparently Anna's costume change went viral.:68468287:

Yep, i think i saw at least two posts with it trending on reddit (with like 25k upvotes and hundreds of comments) so it's no wonder. Actually, there has been a bunch of figure skating videos or moments that have gone viral on reddit lately (ladies podium mishap at IDF, anna's dress change, keegan holding the japanese flag etc), so i'm thinking of posting more Yuzu things to big reddit communities to try the luck, even though i'm a bit shy and nervous about posting content and not just commenting... (this is me asking others to participate and post more yuzu on reddit themselves if they see it fit in a community since i'm not sure i'll get around to it if you didn't get it lmao...). 

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

:sadPooh:

Adding on eng sub in video form c: 

1 hour ago, tafattsbarn said:

Yep, i think i saw at least two posts with it trending on reddit (with like 25k upvotes and hundreds of comments) so it's no wonder. Actually, there has been a bunch of figure skating videos or moments that have gone viral on reddit lately (ladies podium mishap at IDF, anna's dress change, keegan holding the japanese flag etc), so i'm thinking of posting more Yuzu things to big reddit communities to try the luck, even though i'm a bit shy and nervous about posting content and not just commenting... (this is me asking others to participate and post more yuzu on reddit themselves if they see it fit in a community since i'm not sure i'll get around to it if you didn't get it lmao...). 

Adding on eng sub in video form c: 

I love you <3<3<3

As a redditor, for reddit, I guess you can have a look around at the top posts and figure out which subreddit to best post the content, and what title would be suitable. Upload as video too for auto-play haha. Tbh you'll never know what'll take off if you never try. Good luck! 

12 hours ago, Katt said:

I don't know where you get this info but Yuzuru never said anything about small rink. Its never be a reason for him not to do a competition. Whatever issue with audience and stadium's capacity is not his job.  If he's healthy enough he will do 4CC. Nathan or any skater don't play any part when Yuzuru choose to compete or not. Why do people think Yuzuru won't do X or Y comp because no Nathan there? He's not that obsessed with Nathan. 

As for Nathan, I was thinking how in Sochi Season 13/14 he chose 2 GP assignments idf and SC to compete with Patrick (he said so himself in an interview) so he could get used to competing him in Sochi.

Yuzu is the type to get fired up when his competitors are there.

Also I know he didn't say anything about small stadiums, but I couldn't recall him competing in stadiums the size of Mokdong after Sochi. (Except for ACI). 

Even if he is healthy he still might not go to 4CC because korea is far from Canada + other reasons etc. 

From what I've seen Yuzu only chooses to go to 4CC if it holds major benefits for him, rather than attending every year (like 2017 4cc because it was the olympic stadium etc). 

2 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

As for Nathan, I was thinking how in Sochi Season 13/14 he chose 2 GP assignments idf and SC to compete with Patrick (he said so himself in an interview) so he could get used to competing him in Sochi.

Yuzu is the type to get fired up when his competitors are there.

Also I know he didn't say anything about small stadiums, but I couldn't recall him competing in stadiums the size of Mokdong after Sochi. (Except for ACI). 

Even if he is healthy he still might not go to 4CC because korea is far from Canada + other reasons etc. 

From what I've seen Yuzu only chooses to go to 4CC if it holds major benefits for him, rather than attending every year (like 2017 4cc because it was the olympic stadium etc). 

There are benefits this year, namely that it’ll raise his world ranking and give him another opportunity to give any jumps he’s debuting more competition mileage before Worlds. Plus it’s unfinished business and he said he wanted to attend more competitions.