General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Noo, the video has been removed also from Twitter. Why ISU has to destroy everything I love in skating?! I truly hate those clowns.

It appears the retweets are still there and show the 251,000 views, but anyone who didn't download it.... and the plans to get it to a million are scuppered.

The Trusova one also went. I mean, I don't like her, but she's their best shot at another superstar for the time she manages to stay on top/hold off puberty. They are idiots.

ETA: I rechecked, the retweets may have gone too, other people are putting it up.

1 hour ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Hiya folks apologies for taking the topic  a few pages back but apparently a representative(?) from ISU forced Jordan (On Ice Perspective) to take down the gala practice videos he posted on instagram :/ :/ :/ :/ :/

I just hope he can still post his videos (the full version of all the EX he recorded, not just Yuzu's) someplace else, seriously at this point ISU is really a bunch of dinosaurs... :knc_brian3:

Even the ig stories are gone *sigh*

It's strange because he definitely had the authorization from Skate Canada to record at the event, right? And he's not infringing on broadcasting rights. Can ISU overturn SC's decision? And why would they do it (other than marking their territory)? (I'm assuming "the people who control this sport" = ISU)

Anyway, with such an innovative and clearly popular idea, the smart move would have been to hire the guy to do their own promotion if the issue was that it wasn't through the ISU... I can't help but wonder what is happening behind the scene...

So disappointing :tantrum:

3 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

I wonder what kind od threatening must be behind this if that guy can't say sincere words about his own work.

I wonder what legal complaint there could possibly be, because I can't really think of any. It might be the ISU just threatening to deny him access to athletes

Can anyone mirror the original video in high quality?

9 minutes ago, Bilge said:

Even the ig stories are gone *sigh*

Even before 24 hours has passed? :banginghead: :facepalm:

18 minutes ago, shanshani said:

wow what a dumb decision. such petty tyranny

Ikr? I mean, so overkill, it isn't like Jordan broadcasting stuffs that are supposed to be only broadcasted by the TV stations or something... It is petty :umm:

4 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I wonder what legal complaint there could possibly be, because I can't really think of any. It might be the ISU just threatening to deny him access to athletes

Can anyone mirror the original video in high quality?

Spoiler

I downloaded it but how fair is to Jordan ?no  problem for me to share a gdrive but I don't want to hurt this guy who does an amazing work,neither I want to create problems to PH:mods and admins you tell me what to do :)

6 minutes ago, mercedes said:
  Hide contents

I downloaded it but how fair is to Jordan ?no  problem for me to share a gdrive but I don't want to hurt this guy who does an amazing work,neither I want to create problems to PH:mods and admins you tell me what to do :)

He did say to keep sharing his work. The ISU can't take it all down :) 

11 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Even before 24 hours has passed? :banginghead: :facepalm:

2 hours:dozey:

6 minutes ago, mercedes said:
  Hide contents

I think he already said he wants it to be shared “I ask that you keep pushing for me, keep sharing..“ part.

15 minutes ago, Veveco said:

It's strange because he definitely had the authorization from Skate Canada to record at the event, right? And he's not infringing on broadcasting rights. Can ISU overturn SC's decision? And why would they do it (other than marking their territory)? (I'm assuming "the people who control this sport" = ISU)

Anyway, with such an innovative and clearly popular idea, the smart move would have been to hire the guy to do their own promotion if the issue was that it wasn't through the ISU... I can't help but wonder what is happening behind the scene...

Yeah, I really ask myself what rules Jordan has violated with his videos that he had to take them down from every platform.

I have absolutely 0 idea how these clips did any damage to the ISU. Maybe they feel ashamed that one passionate cameraman can do better videos than ISU's entire official team together... that's the only reason I can think of at the moment.

48 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Maybe they tried and he refused. He does say he doesn't want to work for them. Maybe it irks them that he got such a good response.

ISU workings is a mystery to me,Jordan does an amazing service to FS,his videos are the closest way to feel what the skaters feel and for someone like me it's truly beautiful.

anyhow

Spoiler

here it is,2 files because I 1st recorded it with bandycam and then some kind sould share it on you tube...you guys pick what you want:)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zXDhLJ5RopZ_iYAXVHvO9LZg7YmzZyPW?usp=sharing

OK, here's to clarify something.  When I talked about Yuzu going for a 4th men's gold I was speaking very hypothetically.  I was just imagining how things would be if he indeed did so.  I  don't think it likely, in fact, I think it only barely possible.  Yuzu, I think, has his own internal itinerary and that is the road map he's following, not road maps supplied by other individuals.  This is his tenth year of senior level competition and if he achieves his 4A this year I seriously think he'll leave competition, saying the job was done.  Then he'll head into ice show production.  In the situations provided by his doing ice shows we will finally see Yuzuru Hanyu fully unleashed, skating programs that are the quintessence of what he thinks figure skating is about.