General Yuzuru Chat

Hey guys. Last time we got a "Spirit of the Athletes" documentary was 2 years ago. Do you know when they announce their next documentaries and on what site?

I'm trying to keep a track of where they announce their documentary previews for athletes. 

15 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Hide contents

I feel so sad hearing The-Double-Olympic-Gold-Medalist say he is not confident.

I know he is strong and competitive and he will overcome this, because is is Yuzuru Hanyu. But I am still angry that this can happen, even for a slight moment. I hate narratives.

In what world should the Champion, the GOAT, feel this way? 

That's why we all love him, because he is like that. I could not imagine him being the type of athlete who shoves his past  wins in peoples faces, wishing to be adored for them but doing nothing to still try to improve himself.

Interview from the olympic channel (most of it has already been posted before). 

New sub of old video c: Yuzuru was and remains so, so strong. Sometimes i find it quite unbelievable u-u 

Edit: 

How cute! Yuzu as a senpai is my favourite :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

I'm not really sure what this is but they named Yuzuru at #5 c: 

Edit: 

“Big Ben Award aims to establish good examples for young people building their dreams(...)to assist young people expanding the positive energy for building the better future of the world.” 

From their website: 

"The Tenet of BBA:

1) To praise young persons and organizations by their outstanding achievements in work and society;

2) To set up typical examples;

3) To create a good atmosphere to cherish talents;

4) To encourage more young people to work hard and develop the field of vision;

5) To encourage young people to actively participate in social services, so as to enable them to improve the social responsibility;

6) To strengthen the influence of the brands, especially in the field of finance, city, art, science, education, culture, sport, and etc." 

http://www.bigbenaward.com/about 

1 hour ago, tafattsbarn said:

Interview from the olympic channel (most of it has already been posted before). 

New sub of old video c: Yuzuru was and remains so, so strong. Sometimes i find it quite unbelievable u-u 

Edit: 

How cute! Yuzu as a senpai is my favourite :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

Hahaha. When I was Yuma’s age I would have probably been afraid to talk to Yuzu too, even though obviously Yuzu is a nice guy. He definitely has an aura lol. And one of the best death glares I’ve ever seen.

3 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Hahaha. When I was Yuma’s age I would have probably been afraid to talk to Yuzu too, even though obviously Yuzu is a nice guy. He definitely has an aura lol. And one of the best death glares I’ve ever seen.

I swear the first time I saw his pics (on ice ofc), and I hadn't known anything about him, I thought this guy was beautiful but his aura was cold/aloof, seems like the one to go his way and not want to involve with others.

I would like to go to the GPF and I need some advice from those who have been to GPF before, if there's anyone willing to share some information.

The cost is quite high for it (competition, travelling, hotel, etc.) and I only want to go see Yuzu. Although I would like to see a FS competition live, I'm not willing to make such a great financial effort as what the GPF will come to be. 

Do you guys think it should be better to wait buying the tickets until after NHK? It's quite late and there's not much time between NHK and GPF. After his declarations, I have a fear of him landing the 4A at NHK and then saying "this is it" (although he also said his goal is to regain his GPF title). Also, after last year, I'm dreading this second GP, because of what it does to his body.

Regarding tickets, I've seen some people selling tickets on this site, I was thinking that maybe I should buy from them than from the official website, as to help fellow fanyus, who might have bought the ticket but cannot go anymore. Could you please give some insight on which is better?

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, monchan said:

I swear the first time I saw his pics (on ice ofc), and I hadn't known anything about him, I thought this guy was beautiful but his aura was cold/aloof, seems like the one to go his way and not want to involve with others.

you can actually split up Yuzu's programs by what kind of ~aura~ he has during them

beautiful+cold+aloof: Chopin/H&L/Otonal

wild: LGC/PW/R&J 1

sorcerer: Seimei

etc etc

50 minutes ago, monchan said:

Sorry but I can't wait for Chiddy to give Yuzu the "Most Valuable Athlete" award with his own hands hohohooooo  :LOL:. The only worth-waiting moment from that cheap award :embSwan:

It's in Chiddy's interests to give it to Yuzu. The better Yuzu does, the better Chiddy's loss to him looks. No shame in losing to the GOAT, but if he lost to some one hit wonder, that would be sad. :happy0007:

7 minutes ago, shanshani said:

It's in Chiddy's interests to give it to Yuzu. The better Yuzu does, the better Chiddy's loss to him looks. No shame in losing to the GOAT, but if he lost to some one hit wonder, that would be sad. 

I think that is part of why Plushy became such a Yuzu pusher.  If you remember how he withdrew from Sochi at literally the last moment before the short program began.  He boosted Yuzu to make his retirement more explicable.  Later he became a genuine Yuzu fan, one of his most prominent.  

2 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

I'm not really sure what this is but they named Yuzuru at #5 c: 

Edit: 

“Big Ben Award aims to establish good examples for young people building their dreams(...)to assist young people expanding the positive energy for building the better future of the world.” 

From their website: 

"The Tenet of BBA:

1) To praise young persons and organizations by their outstanding achievements in work and society;

2) To set up typical examples;

3) To create a good atmosphere to cherish talents;

4) To encourage more young people to work hard and develop the field of vision;

5) To encourage young people to actively participate in social services, so as to enable them to improve the social responsibility;

6) To strengthen the influence of the brands, especially in the field of finance, city, art, science, education, culture, sport, and etc." 

http://www.bigbenaward.com/about 

Sounds tailor-made for Yuzu! Nice that they nominated Brian McKeever (a Paralympian) too. 

16 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I think that is part of why Plushy became such a Yuzu pusher.  If you remember how he withdrew from Sochi at literally the last moment before the short program began.  He boosted Yuzu to make his retirement more explicable.  Later he became a genuine Yuzu fan, one of his most prominent.  

Well, except that Plushy also had injuries, too. His back, wasn't it? Something about getting steel rods implanted because of a fracture or something? 

1 hour ago, monchan said:

Sorry but I can't wait for Chiddy to give Yuzu the "Most Valuable Athlete" award with his own hands hohohooooo  :LOL:. The only worth-waiting moment from that cheap award :embSwan:

There's no guarantee that Chiddy will be the one handing it out, but yes, :LOL: